Trade: Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, + Low 1st for Kane, Bogosian, and Kasdorf

dudacek

Was it tankers vs. anti-tankers? I guess I crossed lines at some point, when the tank seemed inevitable.

The tank was actually the Hiroshima ending (or whatever was equivalent in the American civil war).  The Team Stormcloud vs Kittens and Sunshine wage much further back than the tank.

The tank was actually the Hiroshima ending (or whatever was equivalent in the American civil war).  The Team Stormcloud vs Kittens and Sunshine wage much further back than the tank.

Agreed. It was mostly an argument about Regiers ineptitude or brilliance depending which side you were on. Luckily TSC came out on top at least in the direction the team went.

Agreed. It was mostly an argument about Regiers ineptitude or brilliance depending which side you were on. Luckily TSC came out on top at least in the direction the team went.

As a Sunshine and Kittens supporter, I still completely agree with this statement.

But I cannot stress enough that we cannot go down that path again....

Edited by Derrico

I generally find going into board or poster histories to be much less interesting than what's happening today, and poster perspectives in the now.

Make it new. - ezra pound

I generally find going into board or poster histories to be much less interesting than what's happening today, and poster perspectives in the now.

Make it new. - ezra pound

Sing the praises!  I'm with you on this.  I don't hold any grudges from the dark years.  I only warn that those truly were dark years and lest we forget.

Edited by Derrico

I love that he holds grudges. I hope he and Jack forever have an axe to grind.January 10th. Kane should be back by then to hammer his old teammates.

Do we know for sure if it's grudge related with Ladd and Wheeler? Could it be he was just busting balls with them?

Was listening to NHL radio this morning (SiriusXM) and they had Shane Hnidy on the program.  Shane does color commentary for Winnipeg these days.  They were talking about how Myers isn't playing well (only 2 points and a team worst -5) and Shane said something to the effect of "yeah, but he skates well" and "he is still young and once he learns the game..."  It was funny because it was exactly what people here said for 5+ seasons.  Sometimes a player is what he is.  I was never a fan of Myers and am happy as hell Murray traded him.

:P

It was mainly because those two thought the spotlight should be on the team and not any one person and were vocal about it......

They are tired of answering questions about a cancer that is no longer here....

I noticed he didn't want to drop them with Buff tho....smart man that Evander.

Was listening to NHL radio this morning (SiriusXM) and they had Shane Hnidy on the program. Shane does color commentary for Winnipeg these days. They were talking about how Myers isn't playing well (only 2 points and a team worst -5) and Shane said something to the effect of "yeah, but he skates well" and "he is still young and once he learns the game..." It was funny because it was exactly what people here said for 5+ seasons. Sometimes a player is what he is. I was never a fan of Myers and am happy as hell Murray traded him.

You and I disagreed often on Myers, but I'm starting to see things your way. I think he is who he is, an offensive second pairing guy who is decent in his own zone.

As "offensive" as one can be without getting point shots through to the net.

Was listening to NHL radio this morning (SiriusXM) and they had Shane Hnidy on the program.  Shane does color commentary for Winnipeg these days.  They were talking about how Myers isn't playing well (only 2 points and a team worst -5) and Shane said something to the effect of "yeah, but he skates well" and "he is still young and once he learns the game..."  It was funny because it was exactly what people here said for 5+ seasons.  Sometimes a player is what he is.  I was never a fan of Myers and am happy as hell Murray traded him.

I always liked Myers, but you can't really pretend his best game is below the circles. His game is skating above them. 

I always liked Myers, but you can't really pretend his best game is below the circles. His game is skating above them.

This. He isn't built for playoff hockey, either. He was exposed by the Ducks last year in that series.