Trade: Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, + Low 1st for Kane, Bogosian, and Kasdorf

dudacek

Very true. And one would also find it difficult to prove that this rock I am holding, that is said to prevent tigers from attacking me, is in fact doing no such thing. As I don't see any tigers. :P

Care to share one of those rocks? [locks eyes with the cat]

Thorny,

Wow, that must be THE place for stats. Can you explain to me how the Rangers only got one goal (on the PP) and he is a -1? They have a number one stats guy working for them I guess. He finished a +1. Forgot to mention, Staf set up the screen on the PP goal by Ehlers. He drew an assist on the play, too. The coach has confidence in him and is playing him in all situations. He is playing on the PK, the second PP line and his line is going up against the other team's top line.

All I said earlier was Murray went after the wrong goalie prospect and should have went after Phillips. We have 2 prospects that are ranked in the top 10 goalie prospects ahead of him and he probably could have been had. I think he finished the year last season with about a .930-.935 sv%.

Johnny Danger Face,

Where did Kasdorf play his junior hockey? WHL? QMJHL? No, the MJHL which has produced VERY few NHL players. Sixth round I believe.

I agree that it is hard to tell how good a goalie is going to be but I would make a bet he plays less than 10 games in the NHL if any at all.

"Kasdorf, a Winnipeg native, was believed to be a sentimental pick for the Jets in their first draft since re-locating from Atlanta and is the first player drafted from the Portage Terriers in 40 years."

The Rangers goal was even strength. Myers was a minus one.

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20152016/GS020038.HTM

Edit: In fact, if you watch the replay of the goal (where you can count 5 Jets players on the ice), Myers is the one caught up ice, leading to the 2 on 1 goal by the Rags.

Edited by Thorny

This is Kasdorf's 4th year at R.P.I. so I don't think he is a freshman. His sv% last year was .902 and he went 11-19-2 with a 2.97 GAA. Phillips went 28-9-2 with a .933 sv% and a 1.74 GAA average in his 3rd year.Who would you go after in a trade?

I'm wrong then but TSN has him as a +1.

I just watched the highlights....he carried the puck into the O zone and was the deepest man in so someone should have covered for him. Not sticking up for him as his play has been only average but a forward should have covered for him.

This is Kasdorf's 4th year at R.P.I. so I don't think he is a freshman. His sv% last year was .902 and he went 11-19-2 with a 2.97 GAA. Phillips went 28-9-2 with a .933 sv% and a 1.74 GAA average in his 3rd year. Who would you go after in a trade?

I just watched the highlights....he carried the puck into the O zone and was the deepest man in so someone should have covered for him. Not sticking up for him as his play has been only average but a forward should have covered for him.

That's his game. It worked when we had responsible forwards, but if you don't he will always get burned on that. He doesn't just take the puck in deep, he stays down there for a long time. 

This is Kasdorf's 4th year at R.P.I. so I don't think he is a freshman. His sv% last year was .902 and he went 11-19-2 with a 2.97 GAA. Phillips went 28-9-2 with a .933 sv% and a 1.74 GAA average in his 3rd year. Who would you go after in a trade?

No offense ducky, but it sounds like its safe to assume you have never seen kasdorf play a game in the ncaa. He had an amazing freshman year and suffered a severe injury at the start of his second year.

And if I was just picking goalies off stats with no consideration of team/talent/potential, then I would click http://www.collegehockeynews.com/stats/overall-goalie.php?s=20142015 and choose any of the top statistical goalies (virtually all without nhl affiliates) and pick one of them.

My only point is none of us know how kasdorf will be, so I don't really get the putting him down comments. That's all, no biggie. And I'm sure if Murray and our scouts had the choice between goalies, their scouting reports pointed towards kasdorf. That's fair to assume, they didn't pick him randomly or because they had his stars upside down

Edited by Johnny DangerFace

TSN always favors Canadian teams. :)

No offense ducky, but it sounds like its safe to assume you have never seen kasdorf play a game in the ncaa. He had an amazing freshman year and suffered a severe injury at the start of his second year.

And if I was just picking goalies off stats with no consideration of team/talent/potential, then I would click http://www.collegehockeynews.com/stats/overall-goalie.php?s=20142015 and choose any of the top statistical goalies (virtually all without nhl affiliates) and pick one of them.

My only point is none of us know how kasdorf will be, so I don't really get the putting him down comments. That's all, no biggie. And I'm sure if Murray and our scouts had the choice between goalies, their scouting reports pointed towards kasdorf. That's fair to assume, they didn't pick him randomly or because they had his stars upside down

No offense taken but for last year, the goalie I am talking about was ranked third.

I think we can all recognize that Kasdorf was a low risk throw-in to the trade. 

Hardly deal-making or breaking stuff there. 

And he's off to an excellent start to his senior year in college, which was all I was saying in my first post.

And he's off to an excellent start to his senior year in college, which was all I was saying in my first post.

Correct me if I'm wrong, since Kasdorf is a senior this year, there's no incentive for him to sign a contract with the Sabres as he'll be UFA at the end of the season, right?

Edited by MattPie

Saying he'll be lucky to be in the AHL isn't really a slight when you think about it. 

I was reading today

Exhibit A: Connor Knapp    

http://www.readingeagle.com/sports/article/royals-connor-knapp-wants-to-move-up

Correct me if I'm wrong, since Kasdorf is a senior this year, there's no incentive for him to sign a contract with the Sabres as he'll be UFA at the end of the season, right?

I've seen him listed as red shirt junior. If he does want to leave, he's not the kind of guy who will have any leverage.

Why do you laugh?  Because I'm old?

Get off my lawn.

The two of you should take that offline down at the Golden Corral.  Isn't the early bird special about to close?