Trade: Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, + Low 1st for Kane, Bogosian, and Kasdorf

dudacek

Stafford scores a goal on a great passing play and finishes with 2 points and a +2. His line mates finish with a +1 and a +4 and the line scores 5 points. Not bad for playing most of the game against the Bruins #1 line. Stafford was one of the best players on the ice if you ask me. Myers didn't do anything to hurt the team and carried the puck well and seems to gain the O zone fairly easy. Playing with Enstrom tends to make a D man look good though... You're not going to see Stafford on the 4th line for very long. Although, the 4th line did put up 3 points and a goal tonight and they all finished as plus players. Pavs held the team in it when the Bruins were taking the game to the Jets. Not sure who the stars were but I would have Pavs as #1 star and Stafford as #2 star.

Bogo is still not playing? How did Kaner look? I see he assisted on Eichel's goal.

Edited by Ducky

Stafford scores a goal on a great passing play and finishes with 2 points and a +2. His line mates finish with a +1 and a +4 and the line scores 5 points. Not bad for playing most of the game against the Bruins #1 line. Stafford was one of the best players on the ice if you ask me. Myers didn't do anything to hurt the team and carried the puck well and seems to gain the O zone fairly easy. Playing with Enstrom tends to make a D man look good though... You're not going to see Stafford on the 4th line for very long. Although, the 4th line did put up 3 points and a goal tonight and they all finished as plus players. Pavs held the team in it when the Bruins were taking the game to the Jets. Not sure who the stars were but I would have Pavs as #1 star and Stafford as #2 star.

Bogo is still not playing? How did Kaner look? I see he assisted on Eichel's goal.

Kane's aggression on the puck is a breath of fresh air.  I think his style of play is going to take some getting used to in Buffalo.  It's easy to call him selfish, but why wouldn't you be selfish when you know you CAN do the whole damned thing yourself.

Also, he had a goal call back on a coach's challenge.  Hate that rule already.

No ill will towards Staff here. He's not ours and I hope he works for you guys. I want no part of him to be politicaly correct. But Kane is super impressive and think we are lucky to get him.

Exciting times for us and hopefully, The Peg too!

Edited by beerme1

Stafford was on the PK tonight and looked good on it.

Myers played a strong game as well.

I actually liked his game tonight...D zone and O zone.

They both had an assist and finished plus one for the game.

Myers had about 22 minutes and Staf had about 18.

I'm more satisfied with Staf's game than Myers' to be honest...I know the season is still young.

Kasdorf? Be glad if he is a backup on the farm.

I think now that they are freed of the downward spiral that culminated with the tank of the last two years, Staff and Myers may live up to their potential.  I'm going to the Sabres-Stars game in November.  I was planning on wearing my Perreault jersey, but maybe I'll opt for my Stafford slug.

I think now that they are freed of the downward spiral that culminated with the tank of the last two years, Staff and Myers may live up to their potential.  I'm going to the Sabres-Stars game in November.  I was planning on wearing my Perreault jersey, but maybe I'll opt for my Stafford slug.

Utter blasphemy. 

Kasdorf? Be glad if he is a backup on the farm.

We'll all be glad if he becomes a good prospect.  It's obviously not guaranteed.  He's a junior in college so I don't know how you or anyone else really knows what his ceiling is yet.  The fact that he's off to an excellent start and was a big factor in beating the #1 team is an encouraging sign for Sabres fans.

Yea no kidding.  

Ducky, sincerely, why do you think kasdorf will be lucky to be an AHL backup?

Projecting a goalie draft pick to not be very good is actually the safe bet.  Let's face it, the odds are very good that he won't add much of anything to this team.  The hit and run post stating it is what should really be questioned here.

Stafford was on the PK tonight and looked good on it. Myers played a strong game as well. I actually liked his game tonight...D zone and O zone. They both had an assist and finished plus one for the game. Myers had about 22 minutes and Staf had about 18. I'm more satisfied with Staf's game than Myers' to be honest...I know the season is still young. Kasdorf? Be glad if he is a backup on the farm.

Myers was -1, not +1. I saw the stats on NHL.com, a good resource for info on the Jets if one is so inclined. You know, other than a Sabres message board with a thread seemingly dedicated to the Winnipeg Jets.

I don't know why Ducky is pretending to know that Kasdorf won't be good. Nobody knows a thing about goalies, least of all goalie prospects.

Ducky has insinuated in the past that he knows more than Murray in regards to evaluating goalie prospects. So, there's that.

Can you say definitively that he doesn't?

Very true. And one would also find it difficult to prove that this rock I am holding, that is said to prevent tigers from attacking me, is in fact doing no such thing. As I don't see any tigers. :P

Edited by Thorny