Zadorov suspended (Sabres Twitter)

PASabreFan

I agree that it's probably a little ridiculous how I'm reacting but the he's only 19 powwow was a little ridiculous, too. He deserves some criticism and questioning for these actions. It hasn't been just one incident.

The "I want him to get in trouble more" stuff is straight garbage. That's the stupidest point I've read around here in a long time. This isn't "personality." It's immaturity. However you want to look at it it's not a positive.

I'm not sorry for having the unpopular opinions around here. Thankfully some can deal with it better than others.

Don't worry i agree with you, if he does not follow team rules he should be held accountable for his actions.

So odd.  I mean, I understand and appreciate that Nolan would prefer to keep whatever is going on "in the room", but it really leaves the rest of us wondering (particularly in a year when there's nothing else to talk about).  I get that he's a kid, but this concerns me because we have (and have had) plenty of other teenagers come through without issue.  So is Zadorov doing something worse than any of our other young rookies, or is Nolan just less tolerant of it than past coaches?  All very curious.  Whatever the reason, I hope Zads learns from it like he did from being a healthy scratch early in the season.

So odd.  I mean, I understand and appreciate that Nolan would prefer to keep whatever is going on "in the room", but it really leaves the rest of us wondering (particularly in a year when there's nothing else to talk about).  I get that he's a kid, but this concerns me because we have (and have had) plenty of other teenagers come through without issue.  So is Zadorov doing something worse than any of our other young rookies, or is Nolan just less tolerant of it than past coaches?  All very curious.  Whatever the reason, I hope Zads learns from it like he did from being a healthy scratch early in the season.

Agreed. Into the void of information all kinds of indiscretions can be imagined. It doesn't serve Zadorov's image well. Or maybe it really is something more troubling that they're not willing to discuss. If he just slept in, big deal, come out and say it.

Unfortunately, the old issue Russians in the North American game comes into it, too.

Agreed. Into the void of information all kinds of indiscretions can be imagined. It doesn't serve Zadorov's image well. Or maybe it really is something more troubling that they're not willing to discuss. If he just slept in, big deal, come out and say it.

Unfortunately, the old issue Russians in the North American game comes into it, too.

Exactly... they said the reason after the All Star break (delayed flight), so why not this time?  Is it something worse, or is Nolan just getting irritated with the number of (relatively) minor infractions over the course of the season?

I still don't think it should be completely forgiven/ignored just based on him being young, but I agree that my reaction was pretty ridiculous. Apologies for being a doink half the time.

You don't need to apologize for . The guy is a professional athlete. He is expected to conduct himself in a certain way. Does a 19 year old use the excuse he is just a kid in the military. No he doesn't.

If we were in the playoff hunt would it be acceptable? Would people be a little more pissed? I think we all know the answer to that one.

Just because he is 19 and many on here have a love affair with the guy does not mean the organization shouldn't be very concerned. Don't be surprised when his name is included in a deal this summer.

Edited by sicknfla

Kid is young and wasn't ready for fulltime NHL duty, but that was determined to be a better option than letting him go to the KHL. Which were the only 2 realistic options open to the Sabres. The kid looks like he can become a very good hockey player, but he's not there yet.

Not letting him get away with immature stupidity is good. Haven't seen any reason to believe he won't mature. Expect he'll spend most of next year in Buffalo, but also expect a couple of stints for hi in Ra-cha-cha.

my cousin worked for the Sabres and it is widely known that he has the attitude of "I'm awesome and don't have to listen to you" and this seems to be applied to every aspect.  When people in the offices see it and hear about it weekly, it might be a problem that needs to be addressed.  This isn't a 20 year old Jagr that is lighting the league on fire (I still wouldn't like it but just sayin'), this is a 19 year old D-man with amazing potential.

That being said, Jagr got caught underage drinking like 4 times and was partying all the time while playing for the Pens... so hopefully he just outgrows this attitude once the team gets good.

I don't know if I'd call it strict. "Here's your paycheck, now take the day off". I'll take that treatment any day.

But then an internet forum full of neckbeards and neckbeardesses also gets to troll you as being a lazy, enigmatic Russian with discipline issues while simultaneously deriding your boss for ###### up your professional development.  Re-read this thread as if you're the subject.  It's ###### up for only showing up to work late.

Then again, you get paid the big bucks and the media and fan scrutiny comes with the job.

Edited by Я знаю физика

Yeah, I remember hearing that the so-called "book" on Zadorov in juniors was that he had some growing up to do -- that he was a good guy and all, but tended to do what he wanted to do and did not take instruction well (albeit with that goofy grin on his face).

Whatever. Let him grow up as a Sabre, then, I say. The guy's size and skill set are uncommon (I won't say rare, but they are uncommon).

Besides. Who else is in the system as an LD? Gorges? McCabe?

I get the guy is only a kid and all that crap. Obviously he has some growing up to do. He has been given more breaks than probably anyone in the organization. Why, because any other player would have been sent back to the CHL or AHL.

So, now because he can't be he sits in Buffalo and reports to camp overweight and gets suspended for stupid shizit. Meanwhile, players like Pysyk sit in Rochester all year and bust their ass and do what a professional is asked to do. They see what is happening and are supposed to just keep showing up for work everyday and bust their ass.

This isn't just about Zadarov growing up. It affects the entire organization. When the kid signed his contract and received his first check the kid crap goes out the window.

Next year when our two year tank prize of McEichel reports to camp overweight and can't follow the rules as everyone else just remember - he is just a kid.

Edited by sicknfla

I get the guy is only a kid and all that crap. Obviously he has some growing up to do. He has been given more breaks than probably anyone in the organization. Why, because any other player would have been sent back to the CHL or AHL.

So, now because he can't be he sits in Buffalo and reports to camp overweight and gets suspended for stupid shizit. Meanwhile, players like Pysyk sit in Rochester all year and bust their ass and do what a professional is asked to do. They see what is happening and are supposed to just keep showing up for work everyday and bust their ass.

This isn't just about Zadarov growing up. It affects the entire organization. When the kid signed his contract and received his first check the kid crap goes out the window.

Next year when our two year tank prize of McEichel reports to camp overweight and can't follow the rules as everyone else just remember - he is just a kid.

I think he needs to grow up as well but as long as the Sabres set the standards high, he should adapt in time.  

As for the tank prize... Jack Eichel and Connor McDavid are so ridiculously driven that it won't happen.  McDavid has been tagged with high expectations for so long he had to grow up in a hurry. Eichel graduated hs early to go to college and bench presses 325 as a 18yr old.  Those two guys are well adjusted kids.  Zadorov is a bit of a prima dona, of course if he rounds out his game and plays lights out hockey I am not sure I care that much.

I think he needs to grow up as well but as long as the Sabres set the standards high, he should adapt in time.

As for the tank prize... Jack Eichel and Connor McDavid are so ridiculously driven that it won't happen. McDavid has been tagged with high expectations for so long he had to grow up in a hurry. Eichel graduated hs early to go to college and bench presses 325 as a 18yr old. Those two guys are well adjusted kids. Zadorov is a bit of a prima dona, of course if he rounds out his game and plays lights out hockey I am not sure I care that much.

I would never expect problems with McEichel either. Pretty sure you get the point I was making.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.