Zadorov suspended (Sabres Twitter)

PASabreFan

I'm okay with excusing him because he's 19 but you're getting paid a ridiculous amount of money for a reason. This is a profession where you need to be on time and in shape. After this that excuse is no longer valid. Three issues in a year, albeit mostly minor, is definitely reason to worry about. After this you have to question if he'll ever mature if it happens again.

oh god 

Santana-glee-rolling-eyes-festivals-gif.

I couldn't agree with Vlad more.

When people look back on their lives, I have a feeling that 20 years old is probably not the year most label as "This is where I turned a corner maturity-wise".

...and with gobs of money all feeding into a healthy ego. Sort of familiar story these days, no?

...and with gobs of money all feeding into a healthy ego. Sort of familiar story these days, no?

I tell people all the time( except for my kids of course) that the reason most of us stop the partying is we just run out of money and have to start making a living. You take the money restriction away and I might still be wondering how I made it home every morning.

I tell people all the time( except for my kids of course) that the reason most of us stop the partying is we just run out of money and have to start making a living. You take the money restriction away and I might still be wondering how I made it home every morning.

Ain't that the truth.

Only this board could make me want Zadorov traded. There's always an orb of protection created for one or two players and they can do no wrong once that happens. Anybody that criticizes them in any way, even if it's minor, gets an eye roll and bombarded for thinking that maybe they shouldn't be immature. Ristolainen hasn't been suspended/sat for being young. Zemgus? So on and so forth. Zadorov is the only one being immature and taking what he's got for granted here... It's reasonable to be worried here.

I'm okay with excusing him because he's 19 but you're getting paid a ridiculous amount of money for a reason. This is a profession where you need to be on time and in shape. After this that excuse is no longer valid. Three issues in a year, albeit mostly minor, is definitely reason to worry about. After this you have to question if he'll ever mature if it happens again.

If being benched for a lengthy stretch to open the season and the previous suspension didn't make him grow up, this won't either. It's just going to take some time, and I certainly hope the organization is more patient with him than you're willing to be.

Only this board could make me want Zadorov traded. There's always an orb of protection created for one or two players and they can do no wrong once that happens. Anybody that criticizes them in any way, even if it's minor, gets an eye roll and bombarded for thinking that maybe they shouldn't be immature. Ristolainen hasn't been suspended/sat for being young. Zemgus? So on and so forth. Zadorov is the only one being immature and taking what he's got for granted here... It's reasonable to be worried here.

I think the greatest sign of immaturity is someone who jumps to a conclusion before knowing any facts (you'll get there one day).  It's my biggest pet peeve and is as ignorant and immature as it gets.  As far my limited knowledge goes, not meeting a workout goal, getting a flight bumped, and allegedly sleeping in isn't even signs of immaturity.  That's life.  Let's uh wait to see what happened?  

And this might be a shocker tank, but just because people are similar ages doesn't mean anything, so comparisons are goofy.  

Edited by Vlad Dangerslakov

I just don't don't have the energy to worry about the stuff you worry about. We've seen too many good players in Buffalo run off for not being perfect or,... having a personality. This isn't the f'n military. I hope he gets in trouble more. At least it's interesting. And if his team mates don't give a crap and he performs, whatever.

I just don't don't have the energy to worry about the stuff you worry about. We've seen too many good players in Buffalo run off for not being perfect or,... having a personality. This isn't the f'n military. I hope he gets in trouble more. At least it's interesting. And if his team mates don't give a crap and he performs, whatever.

I agree that it's probably a little ridiculous how I'm reacting but the he's only 19 powwow was a little ridiculous, too. He deserves some criticism and questioning for these actions. It hasn't been just one incident.

The "I want him to get in trouble more" stuff is straight garbage. That's the stupidest point I've read around here in a long time. This isn't "personality." It's immaturity. However you want to look at it it's not a positive.

I'm not sorry for having the unpopular opinions around here. Thankfully some can deal with it better than others.

I agree that it's probably a little ridiculous how I'm reacting but the he's only 19 powwow was a little ridiculous, too. He deserves some criticism and questioning for these actions. It hasn't been just one incident.

The "I want him to get in trouble more" stuff is straight garbage. That's the stupidest point I've read around here in a long time. This isn't "personality." It's immaturity. However you want to look at it it's not a positive.

I'm not sorry for having the unpopular opinions around here. Thankfully some can deal with it better than others.

Go ahead and criticize what he did today?

I will absolutely not find any reason to worry about a 19 year old being immature. I find today's robot athletes and the pressure people like you put on them to be straight garbage. It's not entertaining. It's not fun.

I will absolutely not find any reason to worry about a 19 year old being immature.

ESPECIALLY this season.  Cripes, we suck.  If you're going to take some time to try to get the guy's head screwed on straight, this is the time.  Next year maybe too.  After that, he talent will be needed on the ice and hopefully Nolan's tough love will pay off then.

I wonder if one unintended consequence of the Kane trade is that some of the kids might feel the organization isn't really vested in a youth movement. Maybe they wonder if they're going to be around when the team is good again. I know, Murray only touched the margins of the kiddie "core." And I have no idea where my thought is taking me as to why Zadorov would be behaving unprofessionally.

are you saying everyone should be alike? Not that simple

I wonder if one unintended consequence of the Kane trade is that some of the kids might feel the organization isn't really vested in a youth movement. Maybe they wonder if they're going to be around when the team is good again. I know, Murray only touched the margins of the kiddie "core." And I have no idea where my thought is taking me as to why Zadorov would be behaving unprofessionally.

Kane is 23. He's part of the youth movement. Zadorov needs to be in Rochester. It's that simple. Unfortunately that's not possible this year.

I for one love unpopular opinions.....

"NEWS: The Sabres have recalled Jake McCabe and Mark Pysyk from theRochester Americans."

It is about time. I would rather these guys get ice time versus Meszaros, or Benoit. I admit Benoit hasn't been too bad as of late, but I feel McCabe, and Pysyk are ready.

Kane is 23. He's part of the youth movement. Zadorov needs to be in Rochester. It's that simple. Unfortunately that's not possible this year.

Which makes me wonder...if his junior team is eliminated from the playoffs and their season ends, is he eligible to be sent down to the A? Not suggesting he should but is that how the rule would apply?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.