Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

Chuck Pollock at the Olean Times Herald is probably the dean of Bills writers. He's pretty level headed. When he writes something like this, it gets my attention.

http://www.oleantimesherald.com/sports/article_23148eca-f20f-11e4-8b96-9b806d8d9c16.html

I know what he's going for, but I found that article very hard to read.  When recapping the incidents he tends to jump back and forth between names a little too much.  I'm curious if others had the same reaction or if I'm just slightly distracted right now.

I know what he's going for, but I found that article very hard to read.  When recapping the incidents he tends to jump back and forth between names a little too much.  I'm curious if others had the same reaction or if I'm just slightly distracted right now.

"Darby, meanwhile, was the roommate of quarterback Jameis Winston, the draft’s No. 1 overall pick. He signed an affidavit in Winston’s rape case maintaining the sex with the alleged victim as consensual. But Williams refused to testify at FSU’s sexual misconduct hearing for the QB and was issued a Code of Conduct violation by the disciplinary board."

He definitely meant Darby for the bolder.

For those that are wondering what unsanctioned meant: agents weren't involved. It was just a coach and a player. A random meeting based on a phone call Rex made directly to Collins.

On Darby: he apparently witnessed the sexual act that was the accused rape/sexual assault by Winston. Him refusing to testify is pretty low, but I don't think it means it's a character flaw unless it was clear rape. If Darby truly did witness a rape and did nothing and later refused to testify then I will never root for him. But we'll never know.

I'm with you. Guy may be the dean of Bills beat writers, but maybe it's time to hang 'em up if you can't put together a coherent series of thoughts.

Against my better judgment, I clicked through. I'm not sure where the resolution of the rumour appears, and I'm done looking (or giving a rat's rear-end about anything that gets posted over there).

Edit: I see it now - it's an edit to the initial post. The guy said he'd take down the thread if he found out the rumors were unfounded, but instead he left it up and withdrew the claim. It's been years since I was at the TBD site -- and this sort of stuff reminds me why I never go there.

Edited by That Aud Smell

Against my better judgment, I clicked through. I'm not sure where the resolution of the rumour appears, and I'm done looking (or giving a rat's rear-end about anything that gets posted over there).

Edit: I see it now - it's an edit to the initial post. The guy said he'd take down the thread if he found out the rumors were unfounded, but instead he left it up and withdrew the claim. It's been years since I was at the TBD site -- and this sort of stuff reminds me why I never go there.

I edited my original post above... Yeah, TBD is phenomenal for getting up-to-the-second news.

But, if you're trying to follow a discussion on TBD, you need to be following it constantly or you'll be left behind.  Or if you are away from the website for 24 hours, it's tough to catch up.

That's why this thread here on SS is generally good.... we have been good about at least making mention of the big headlines regarding the Bills, without pages of muck if I need to catch up.

I wish we had these things called trials in the US to decide if someone is guilty of murder or not. Well I suppose we do have trail by popular opinion.

Not sure if this is in direct response to me but I'll act like it was. I'm not judging him or the Bills, I just want to know who is. If the Bills want to handle this like a business without thought of PR value, it's on them. I just found it curious they chose to be the front runners on a guy who could be implicated in the murder of a pregnant woman. Guilty or not, the stench won't dissipate quickly.

Not sure if this is in direct response to me but I'll act like it was. I'm not judging him or the Bills, I just want to know who is. If the Bills want to handle this like a business without thought of PR value, it's on them. I just found it curious they chose to be the front runners on a guy who could be implicated in the murder of a pregnant woman. Guilty or not, the stench won't dissipate quickly.

It wasn't but how many people think negatively of the Patriot's for the Aaron Hernandez stuff?  

Also I feel like the Bills are trying to recreate the movie, The Longest Yard.

It wasn't but how many people think negatively of the Patriot's for the Aaron Hernandez stuff?

Also I feel like the Bills are trying to recreate the movie, The Longest Yard.

Hernandez was and has always been a bad citizen but the court of public opinion didn't waver much until he started killing people (ok so at least when everyone noticed he was killing people).

Hernandez was and has always been a bad citizen but the court of public opinion didn't waver much until he started killing people (ok so at least when everyone noticed he was killing people).

And still no one was really outraged at the Patriots.  I guess the point is I think Collins is worth the risk. 

If the Bills want to handle this like a business without thought of PR value, it's on them.  . . . Guilty or not, the stench won't dissipate quickly.

It's the NFL, man -- I don't think there'll be any "stench" for having tried to be first in line to sign an elite prospect who had a cloud of serious legal trouble hanging over his head.

It's the NFL, man -- I don't think there'll be any "stench" for having tried to be first in line to sign an elite prospect who had a cloud of serious legal trouble hanging over his head.

Good thing he didn't kill any dogs. People are strange.

At the moment he hasn't killed anything. Really not sure what you're trying to prove.

I wanted to gauge where we, as a fan base were with the Bills associating themselves with a potential murderer. It seems like nobody gives a . Cool. I guess.

I wanted to gauge where we, as a fan base were with the Bills associating themselves with a potential murderer. It seems like nobody gives a ######. Cool. I guess.

Again, what is the problem? At the moment he is no more guilty than you or me. You're as much of a "potential murderer" as this kid who has yet to be implicated, much less charged.

Your assumption of his involvement, not to mention his guilt, is just weird.

I wanted to gauge where we, as a fan base were with the Bills associating themselves with a potential murderer. It seems like nobody gives a ######. Cool. I guess.

I just don't think there's anywhere close to enough information out there to even make a preliminary judgment on guilt/innocence. If/when a bunch of evidence starts leaking that points in his direction, then it's a different ballgame even without a conviction. But we're not even at that point yet. I'm not exactly cool with it, but I'm not sure treating him lime he has the plague is a great option either. Think about if the guy is completely innocent...he just lost millions of dollars because teams were scared by a past association. It's just a situation all the way around.

Again, what is the problem? At the moment he is no more guilty than you or me. You're as much of a "potential murderer" as this kid who has yet to be implicated, much less charged.

OJ was innocent too. So were Ray Lewis and Big Ben. Turns out they are all scumbags.

My focus was never on the kids guilt. I was just curious how we felt about the Bills interest in him.

OJ was innocent too. So were Ray Lewis and Big Ben. Turns out they are all scumbags.

My focus was never on the kids guilt. I was just curious how we felt about the Bills interest in him.

They were all suspects. I think Dark is waiting on that before hopping on the train you're on. As am I. Edited by Hoss

wellll.....I think we have to first see whether he really did it or not. we know the 3 above mentioned scum did it even though they are 'innocent'

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.