Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

This was a great slam, but I'm with immerman.

So much was said about RGIII's attitude coming out of college -- but in a positive way. Having been born on a military base in Japan and raised a certain way he was viewed as a great person with some real confidence. Always kind and funny.

Then it changed after his rookie year. He was acting, probably fairly, a talented kid with no real support system. Shanahan destroyed him and nobody was there to help him after that game. He was playing scared his second year. A lot of floated passes because he would do anything just to avoid contact. Constantly watching the pass rush instead of his receivers.

It's been RGIII against the world in Washington since that game. I think RGIII was a true superstar ruined by a psychotic coach and his (RGIII) own ambition. He was fragile, but he was seemingly never pushed to protect himself.

A fair point; living up to the hype in Luck's draft class must suck as well. Given the trade rumors posted above, it doesn't seem Washington can find a partner (if Snyder actually would pull the trigger). I would bet they're asking too much to start off with, but say they come down. What do you think his worth is? Do you think the Bills should take a stab at him? And if he is traded, does it happen before, during, or after the season?

This was a great slam, but I'm with immerman.

So much was said about RGIII's attitude coming out of college -- but in a positive way. Having been born on a military base in Japan and raised a certain way he was viewed as a great person with some real confidence. Always kind and funny.

Then it changed after his rookie year. He was acting, probably fairly, a talented kid with no real support system. Shanahan destroyed him and nobody was there to help him after that game. He was playing scared his second year. A lot of floated passes because he would do anything just to avoid contact. Constantly watching the pass rush instead of his receivers.

It's been RGIII against the world in Washington since that game. I think RGIII was a true superstar ruined by a psychotic coach and his (RGIII) own ambition. He was fragile, but he was seemingly never pushed to protect himself.

Exactly why I want him here.  ASAP.

Watched Wilson at Wisconsin. No Badger fan was surprised that he walked into Pete Carroll's training camp as a rookie and took the starting job.

As for his off-field, he's nothing short of an authentically good, intelligent, well-behaved human being. It was surprising how mature and composed he was off-field, even as a junior.

Bill Burr on going to a Bills game.  WARNING:  This man uses objectionable language about every fourth word.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFN11sn1r9c

This brings back vivid memories of one of the worst incidents I've personally witnessed at a sporting event. Bills -Patriots 11/9/97 (looked up the date and score) Pats won 31-10. Todd f***ing Collins. Went with a group from Bonaventure. We were in a corner. Ten rows in front were a bunch of Pats fans. One decked out in all-Pats gear, waving a Pats flag. A rather large one. When they scored, he'd pull down his pants and do a dance in his Pats boxers. I think you can see where this is going.

The folks behind us started tossing stuff down in the middle of the fourth quarter. Inevitably, a girl sitting near them, not with them, got clocked in the back of the head with a full beer can. The Pats fans took off. The brawl still happened. Between the Bills fans below us and the Bills fans above. Not pleasant. Probably commonplace, but I just remember thinking: "What the hell is wrong with people?" I've since learned that there is no answer to that question, there are many things wrong.... But seriously, please be good this year Bills....

Are those guys actually not ###### though?  Or do their teams just love them because they're good?

I think I recall a puff piece from Luck's draft about him being a nerd or something.

Soooooo nerd=hashtags? :p

Watched Wilson at Wisconsin. No Badger fan was surprised that he walked into Pete Carroll's training camp as a rookie and took the starting job.

As for his off-field, he's nothing short of an authentically good, intelligent, well-behaved human being. It was surprising how mature and composed he was off-field, even as a junior.

You should probably look into his comments about water bubbles curing his concussion before asserting anything about intelligence ;)

This brings back vivid memories of one of the worst incidents I've personally witnessed at a sporting event. Bills -Patriots 11/9/97 (looked up the date and score) Pats won 31-10. Todd f***ing Collins. Went with a group from Bonaventure. We were in a corner. Ten rows in front were a bunch of Pats fans. One decked out in all-Pats gear, waving a Pats flag. A rather large one. When they scored, he'd pull down his pants and do a dance in his Pats boxers. I think you can see where this is going.

The folks behind us started tossing stuff down in the middle of the fourth quarter. Inevitably, a girl sitting near them, not with them, got clocked in the back of the head with a full beer can. The Pats fans took off. The brawl still happened. Between the Bills fans below us and the Bills fans above. Not pleasant. Probably commonplace, but I just remember thinking: "What the hell is wrong with people?" I've since learned that there is no answer to that question, there are many things wrong.... But seriously, please be good this year Bills....

Go Bonas!! I'm banking on them having an organized trip to a Bills game again this year. They did the Chiefs game last year.

Go Bonas!! I'm banking on them having an organized trip to a Bills game again this year. They did the Chiefs game last year.

I would say it's a safe bet they do a game but they are taking a lot away this year.  :ph34r: Looking at their home games I bet they do Dolphins or Texans this year.

@1045TheTeam: Adam Schefter tells @MikeAndMike that he thinks Tyrod Taylor will be the starting QB for the #Bills

Not a tough call really, based on Saturday's game.

I mean, even *I* figured that out.

I think the starter will be TT and EJ will be the backup.  I also think TT won't make it through the season injury free and EJ will get his chance to start.

....and relative to Tar T's response to my post,

Alter that to Cassel as the in-game #2, and I'd agree. Though if Taylor is injured, I'd expect EJ to get the next start.

I think if you're going to expect EJ to start after TT gets injured, he should be prepared to come in during a game as well. I would be okay with cutting Cassel loose. The QB corps was a collective 30 for 33, 3 passing TDs, no Ints, 395 yards, plus another 24 yards and a TD rushing.  They all looked pretty good.

Shocker (and kinda sad):  Fred Jackson released.

Aw man... no way.  :(

I'm not a big Freddy fan

Let me guess: You are also just so-so on bacon, cold beer, and receiving oral stimulation.

I mean, c'mon. 

p.s. I understand the sentiment that it's a rational decision to move on from #22, but "not a big fan"? That is an objectively indefensible position to take. 

He had to have requested this, right? Methinks he'll go home and play with Dallas.

no,  from what I've seen, they released him so he had more time to latch on with another team.  Two people have predicted Cleveland of all places.  Pettine is a fan, and their backfield is a bit of a mess.  

Saying it was the right time to move on, is one thing. Saying you're not a big fan is quite another.

I don't think there's another professional Buffalo athlete whom I've enjoyed rooting for more than Fred. I have not been to the stadium in years, but I will buy a ticket when his name goes on the wall of fame.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.