Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

please elaborate.  I can't listen hear at work. 

He's making the point that the Bills need to develop a younger RB for the future rather than hang on to whatever Freddy has left.  He's right.  This isn't the year the Bills are going to go deep into the playoffs.

Edited by Eleven

He's making the point that the Bills need to develop a younger RB for the future rather than hang on to whatever Freddy has left.  He's right.  This isn't the year the Bills are going to go deep into the playoffs.

Thaat does make sense, however, I'd still keep whatever Freddy has over Bryce "butterfingers" Brown

I'm not on board that any team needs to develop a RB, outside of some seasoning as a 3rd down back. The guys who can tote the rock behind a competent OL are plug and play, and found in every round and among UDFAs.

If it were a choice between Brown and Jackson, I'd prefer they keep Jackson.

His ability as a 3rd down back and steadying force on a roster of misfits are going to be missed.

Yes, but then Williams won't get the carries he needs.

My thought was that the rookie would spell McCoy on 1st and 2nd downs, and F-Jax would handle 3rd down as needed. Dixon would play STs and play at RB when one of the other 3 went down, and Brown would've likely been released.

In other news it appears the Brady case will be decided on by the judge in the next two days, per a guy who snuck his phone into the courtroom.

By next two days the judge apparently meant today or tomorrow.

Edited by Hoss

My thought was that the rookie would spell McCoy on 1st and 2nd downs, and F-Jax would handle 3rd down as needed. Dixon would play STs and play at RB when one of the other 3 went down, and Brown would've likely been released.

I think Dixon will be the third down back and would have been even with Jackson.

RBs need, at the very least, a decent OL to put up numbers...our line was among the worst in football last year. McCoy's YPC dropped from 5.1 to 4.2 last year when the only meaningful change on that Philly team was the OL got decimated by injury. Although maybe you think McCoy should be cut too because he's lost a step.

Thanks for explaining the o line and yea me dumb McCoy should be cut too. (An opinion that a 34 year old RB lost a step can't possibly be valid)

In other news it appears the Brady case will be decided on by the judge in the next two days, per a guy who snuck his phone into the courtroom.

By next two days the judge apparently meant today or tomorrow.

Makes sense.  It's not a complicated case now that there's not an issue concerning a preliminary injunction.

Thanks for explaining the o line and yea me dumb McCoy should be cut too. (An opinion that a 34 year old RB lost a step can't possibly be valid)

YPC fluctuates yearly--in 2012 Jackson was at 3.8, then jumped back to 4.3 the following year. A one year dip, when you consider the context of the situation, doesn't really show he's finished.

I think Dixon will be the third down back and would have been even with Jackson.

No way they take McCoy out of the game in a likely passing situation for Dixon. 

Hate the move, but I understand why it was made. Dixon and Bryce Brown play special teams where Fred did not and Karlos Williams probably will have passed him on the depth chart soon if he has not already done so. Your third string RB needs to play special teams.

Releasing him this early, as others have mentioned, gives him a better chance to sign on with another team.

Some possibilities

Cleveland is a possibly as it is not far from Buffalo and the Jackson's have made OP their year round home. Plus their backfield is such a mess, Ray Rice was a consideration for them

Dallas as Hoss mentioned as his extended family lives there.

NE because, well just because.

With McCoy having a hamstring injury, I think the safe money is he'd get carries this year. Even without Jackson, it's not like they're going to put Williams out there for third downs or anything.

They will need to spell McCoy on third downs from time to time. Dixon as our third down back? I'm not sure how I feel about that. Maybe okay?

Hate the move, but I understand why it was made. Dixon and Bryce Brown play special teams where Fred did not and Karlos Williams probably will have passed him on the depth chart soon if he has not already done so. Your third string RB needs to play special teams.

I don't think that is true. At least, it was not true last year. Has something changed?

Your third string RB needs to play special teams.

But, agreed with this.

YPC fluctuates yearly--in 2012 Jackson was at 3.8, then jumped back to 4.3 the following year. A one year dip, when you consider the context of the situation, doesn't really show he's finished.

Sorry--third and short.

I don't think so. I think McCoy is the first, second and third down back. Karlos Williams and Boobie will handle the short yardage situations. Bryce Brown will still get cut.

I don't think so. I think McCoy is the first, second and third down back. Karlos Williams and Boobie will handle the short yardage situations. Bryce Brown will still get cut.

I sure as hell hope so.  Mike Rodak seems to not think so ("Whaley spent a fourth round pick, blah blah") but we just saw that a fourth round pick spent matters nothing with Ross Cockrell being released. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.