Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

To me, Jackson has always been the poster boy for the Bills failures over the last how ever many years it has been since he has been around.  I don't mean that as a shot at him though.  This undrafted free agent who constantly beat out highly drafted RBs, it is a huge example of exactly where the team went wrong at so many points.

To me, Jackson has always been the poster boy for the Bills failures over the last how ever many years it has been since he has been around.  I don't mean that as a shot at him though.  This undrafted free agent who constantly beat out highly drafted RBs, it is a huge example of exactly where the team went wrong at so many points.

Meaning that the team kept wasting high-round picks on RBs when they had a perfectly capable one on hand?

Ian Rapoport: With QB Tyrod Taylor starting for #Bills in Week 1, expect that either Matt Cassel or EJ Manuel will not be on Buffalo’s roster by then.

I'm not sure he's right, but if he is, I hope it's Cassel who is gone.  There's just no need to play it safe.

I'm not even convinced that would be playing it "safe."

Me either. He's a old white QB, who hasn't been prolific so people just lump him into game manager. I mean, he's not one of the best game managers we've ever seen ;). He just kinda sucks. Noodle arm, not terribly good at anything.

I'm not even convinced that would be playing it "safe."

Of the two, I think Cassel is safer. His day against Pittsburgh seemed like a microcosm of what he'd be able to do: Dink and dunk, not turn it over, end drives with the occasional sack, and end up with a passer rating in the 80s.

EJ offers more of a risk/reward as the backup. He'd also be able to run some read-option. I'd prefer EJ as the #2.

I think it will be Cassel.

Meaning that the team kept wasting high-round picks on RBs when they had a perfectly capable one on hand?

Meaning that if they were going to draft running backs, they should have been better than the undrafted one already on the roster.

I'm not sure he's right, but if he is, I hope it's Cassel who is gone.  There's just no need to play it safe.

That was my thought.

Father time remains undefeated.

Reactions are remindful of those when we said good-bye to Thurman, Andre, Henry, and so many others over the years.

I wish Freddy all the best wherever he ends up. He will be brought back into the organization at some point. But in the meantime, thanks for being one of the all time Bills greats, Freddy.

GO BILLS!!!

Ian Rapoport: With QB Tyrod Taylor starting for #Bills in Week 1, expect that either Matt Cassel or EJ Manuel will not be on Buffalo’s roster by then.

As a Virginia Tech alum, that Tyrod will be the starter doesn't surprise me one bit. Tyrod and Mike Vick were the best QBs I ever watched at Tech, and Vick had a much better supporting cast to work with. I was in the stands at LSU when they pulled the redshirt off of Tyrod and from snap #1 of his college career you could see he had the "it" factor that many QBs lack. Winningest QB in school history and he always had a knack for making the big play at crucial times of the game. Playoffs or bust this season!

(The VT chat boards are blowing up with Tyrod talk, of course)

I was in the stands at LSU when they pulled the redshirt off of Tyrod and from snap #1 of his college career you could see he had the "it" factor that many QBs lack.

I think there's something to this. He does seem to have a sense of the moment - which includes having that sixth sense pocket awareness thing.

I'm just worried that he's going to get broken in half.

Pretty much that, yes.  It's funny that someone mentioned Moorman upthread because he and Jackson fit together perfectly in my mind.  They were the best players of their era of Bills football, but ultimately I will forever link them to this current streak of suck.

This sucks.  When it's 3rd or 4th down late in a game in a clutch situation, I want Fred on the field over all those other guys.  Dude is clutch.

Only thing that makes sense is if they told him he's gonna be way down on the depth chart and rarely see the field.  Then they mutually agreed to let him go elsewhere so he can play.  Plenty of time to shop around and more than a few teams that could really use him.

I'm 100% sure that Belicheat will try to sign him, and I'm praying that doesn't happen.  I want him to go to a contender, but just not NE. 

I'm super-pumped about T-Mobile being named the starter, but this Fred news really stings. :cry:

linky no worky

Edited by cdexchange

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.