Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

I missed the "Kiko wanted out" part. Where's that? Not saying you're wrong; I just haven't followed all of the traffic.

Just like ubkev said,there were no other "credible" sources that said that. So it's debatable.... I guess I don't know why he would have wanted out. Just feels like this season is a mess in progress that needs some fixing

I hate today.

There's a perfectly good coach in Saint Louis who loves LBs and hates his QB.

They could plug anyone in at RB.  Didn't need to do this.

And FFS, can you get rid of the Kelly avatar already?  This is a hokey--I mean hockey, I think--board.

This is based on, what?

This move really shakes my confidence that the Sabres will ever turn it around. If TP is allowing Ryan do anything but fill out the lineup and call defensive plays, then he is an idiot and neither franchise will be worth a shyte. I have no use for Ryan, do not see him as anything but a decent d coordinator. If he is making personnel decisions instead of the gm they are doomed. McCoy is pos as a human being but I guess a good fit for that garbage barge Ryan.

This move really shakes my confidence that the Sabres will ever turn it around. If TP is allowing Ryan do anything but fill out the lineup and call defensive plays, then he is an idiot and neither franchise will be worth a shyte. I have no use for Ryan, do not see him as anything but a decent d coordinator. If he is making personnel decisions instead of the gm they are doomed. McCoy is pos as a human being but I guess a good fit for that garbage barge Ryan.

What makes you think TP is allowing Ryan to make personnel decisions? 

Did Rex Ryan run over your dog?

Did LeSean McCoy run over the dog you got to replace the dog that Ryan ran over?

GO BILLS!!!

This one caught me by surprise.  Did not see a defensive coach trading away defensive assets.

First, it's not Ryan's call, ultimately. Second, it can be argued that Kiko was an expendable asset given how the defense improved without him and after having suffered a second torn ACL. Also, there was concern about how he wore down over the course of his rookie year. He has always been light in the ass and he had a real challenge just trying to keep weight on the entire year. There's certainly a ton to like about him as a player and I don't think they would have thought of moving him for just anybody. But McCoy isn't just anybody. Whaley's got a set of brass ones when it comes to thinking he has an opportunity to add impact players. Like him or not, McCoy is the definition of impact player. 

GO BILLS!!!

The thing I look forward to most about a potential bills superbowl in many years is coming here the next day to read half of you b*tching about the superbowl win.  

"wahhhhh Mkail Vickers Jr is a garbage human being, our superbowl is tainted because our QB killed cats."  

"yea we won the sueprbowl, but we dont have our 2037 1st rounder because we traded it for a WR who only had two meaningless catches this game."

"Was this the worst superbowl team ever?"

Edited by Vlad Dangerslakov

First, it's not Ryan's call, ultimately. Second, it can be argued that Kiko was an expendable asset given how the defense improved without him and after having suffered a second torn ACL. Also, there was concern about how he wore down over the course of his rookie year. He has always been light in the ass and he had a real challenge just trying to keep weight on the entire year. There's certainly a ton to like about him as a player and I don't think they would have thought of moving him for just anybody. But McCoy isn't just anybody. Whaley's got a set of brass ones when it comes to thinking he has an opportunity to add impact players. Like him or not, McCoy is the definition of impact player. 

GO BILLS!!!

Not disputing any of this.

I just don't think you can have enough defensive depth.  It's a war of attrition.

I don't have a well formed opinion of McCoy.   All I know is he had an off year.  I don't know the reasons.

Now go out and get Suh.  Could you imagine...

These posts have a certain theme to them that I just can't pinpoint............ And it seems like yesterday where this all seems so familiar.......... I can't quite put my finger on it............ OH! I know,  it's taking every possible negative aspect and exaggerating them in an attempt to justify a trade.  And it WAS yesterday.  Last year Keiko was the best thing in BFLO since sliced bread,  he was going to push this team into the playoffs,  he was a fan favorite,  he was the future of the franchise.  Today he gets traded and now he's too small,  he's weak,  he can't last a season..... Don't let the door hit you in the ass. Not unlike the Chris Stewart thread.  For the last couple of months he was the best player on the team,  he was a "Murray"  type of player,  he could hit,  he could fight, he would stand up for his team and put the puck in the net on the worst offensive team anybody on this forum has ever seen.  Well,  no need to be reminded on how that all changed the minute he was traded.  

That bus is getting extra mileage on it lately,  must be the lower gas prices. I hope I don't make any enemies in here.   :angel:

Edited by JJFIVEOH

I know it's just hyperbole, but nobody thought a linebacker was the future of this team and going to take them to the playoffs... The sentiment that Kiko hit a wall his rookie season was something anybody that watched him closely was saying after his rookie year. The love for him as a player was and is strong, but he's not unflawed and without question marks. He's had a few major injuries in his young career...

Nobody is saying he isn't capable. I think most will wish him well...

This is based on, what?

All sorts of high-level rumor and innuendo--as periodically re-reported by WGR--that the Rams want to move on without Bradford, coupled with the fact that Jeff Fisher loves him some LBs.

I know it's just hyperbole, but nobody thought a linebacker was the future of this team and going to take them to the playoffs... The sentiment that Kiko hit a wall his rookie season was something anybody that watched him closely was saying after his rookie year. The love for him as a player was and is strong, but he's not unflawed and without question marks. He's had a few major injuries in his young career...

Nobody is saying he isn't capable. I think most will wish him well...

He is now the Champ Bailey to our Clinton Portis.  (I do not claim to have come up with the comparison on my own.)  Bet on it.

Graham at Buf News saying rumour Alonso wanted out is untrue. So, CBS guy heard from the team, and Graham heard from agent?

I'm okay with the trade. I think the swap was motivated by the fact that Alonso didn't project as a fit for Rex's scheme.

Still, as Eleven said, rbs are essentially interchangeable. Why spend your big asset on one? Maybe the answer lies in the offensive scheme -- they really needed a known talent at rb.

Edited by That Aud Smell

I don't like this trade but RB's age quickly in this league and Alonso was a cost controlled assets for 2 more seasons as well as our best linebacker as a rookie two years ago, but nothing to do at this point but wait and see how it pans out. Whaley definitely seems to have a bit of his own zero given swagger to him though, that's for sure.

These posts have a certain theme to them that I just can't pinpoint............ And it seems like yesterday where this all seems so familiar.......... I can't quite put my finger on it............ OH! I know, it's taking every possible negative aspect and exaggerating them in an attempt to justify a trade. And it WAS yesterday. Last year Keiko was the best thing in BFLO since sliced bread, he was going to push this team into the playoffs, he was a fan favorite, he was the future of the franchise. Today he gets traded and now he's too small, he's weak, he can't last a season..... Don't let the door hit you in the ass. Not unlike the Chris Stewart thread. For the last couple of months he was the best player on the team, he was a "Murray" type of player, he could hit, he could fight, he would stand up for his team and put the puck in the net on the worst offensive team anybody on this forum has ever seen. Well, no need to be reminded on how that all changed the minute he was traded.

That bus is getting extra mileage on it lately, must be the lower gas prices. I hope I don't make any enemies in here. :angel:

Kiko was a liability against the run and had injury concerns dating back to college. That's not dumping on the guy because he's gone, it's just the truth. He made his reputation in the first half of the season and wasn't nearly as impactful in the second half. Again, these things are generally agreed upon.

As to the argument that RBs are replaceable and Kiko was on a cost controlled contract, those things are certainly true. But middle linebackers are also pretty damn replaceable unless they're on the Patrick Willis or Luke Kuechly level, and Alonso simply isn't (Football Outsiders pegged his value at a third of a win). We get one of the best 5 RBs in the league in his prime for 3 years for an offense that *needs* a big time running game because of the QB situation.

I never like seeing the team spend anything significant on RBs.  At least this might mean that they don't use their 2nd round pick on one.

I'll guess that McCoy gets around 700 yards behind the Bills OL.

I believe Rex is hoping to bring in a LB from the Jets so Kiko was expendable.

All sorts of high-level rumor and innuendo--as periodically re-reported by WGR--that the Rams want to move on without Bradford, coupled with the fact that Jeff Fisher loves him some LBs.

The "Rams are open to trading Bradford" stuff has been dead for awhile. There's simply no indication they really want to move him...and it makes sense seeing as there's no clear upgrade available. If you think we could have traded Alonso for Bradford, I think you're living in fantasy land.

Frankly I think Kiko was valued more by fans here than by other teams (well, the ones without a former Oregon HC anyway). Both Bradham and Brown graded out as top-7 guys at their position last year...Kiko was expendable and we got an elite player for him. Hard to complain.

The "Rams are open to trading Bradford" stuff has been dead for awhile. There's simply no indication they really want to move him...and it makes sense seeing as there's no clear upgrade available. If you think we could have traded Alonso for Bradford, I think you're living in fantasy land.

Frankly I think Kiko was valued more by fans here than by other teams (well, the ones without a former Oregon HC anyway). Both Bradham and Brown graded out as top-7 guys at their position last year...Kiko was expendable and we got an elite player for him. Hard to complain.

I don't think you understand the high level of the rumor and innuendo that WGR relies upon.  This isn't a bunch of guttersnipe gossip.  They are into some KGB quality stuff over there.

I don't think it really matters. If true they did well to serve him and themselves. If not it doesn't mean much.

Also, I almost posted LaConfora's tweet on the trade demand but the remembered you asked for a credible source.

Yeah LaConfora is about as credible as what I just dropped off in the toilet. I don't think he wanted out at all but I'm sure he's happy with the trade. Now McCoy on the other hand.....

Letting it sit for a while, I can respect that there's a premium for such a talented player in the thick of his prime.  I still don't like the trade.

Also, Kiko didn't hit a wall his rookie season, he just stopped intercepting the ball every game (actually in general, I think).  He was still an effective player that played every defensive snap as a rookie.  I remember a couple of his bad read-big mistakes defending against the run, but I never remember it being a constant problem.

I also can't kvetch too hard about a trade that makes our team better, and makes me excited about the upcoming season.  Hahaha jk I totally can.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.