Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

The phrasing on this has to be off. I think he means that finding value for him was one of the first things Rex wanted to do. Just saying he wanted to trade him perhaps because he's not a scheme fit is silly. It's not like he was expensive.

It's interesting considering the fact that Kiko played every defensive snap for Mike Petitte's D as a rookie

As an alumnus, I have no real issues with it and so far I think White has done a tremendous job with the program which buys him the benefit of the doubt. A rebranding like this is something that will take years to evaluate.

It will be abandoned in a year or two, because UB is just a stepping stone for anyone real, anyway.  This was and is silly.

It's interesting considering the fact that Kiko played every defensive snap for Mike Petitte's D as a rookie

The biggest knock on him in that defense was how he would get eaten up by blockers, and wasn't big or strong enough to play the right position.  He is GREAT in coverage, and very instinctive, but against the run, he got eaten up. 

I didn't really care about the Eagles the three years I lived in Philly but I would root for them because my girlfriend at the time was a huge fan (she also played FF), as long as they weren't playing the Bills. Plus, Eagles fans hate the Cowboys almost as much as I do.

But I could never root for the Flyers - ever.

You pretty much summed up my rooting hierarchy and reasons.

Joe Chenelly ‏@jchenelly  1m1 minute agoPennsylvania, USA

Jerry Hughes and agent to meet directly with #Bills Thursday

With FA just around the corner on Tuesday, look for the Bills to make this push for Hughes now. 

Are we tagging anybody this year? I think it would be too expensive on Hughes, no?

Joe Chenelly ‏@jchenelly 1m1 minute agoPennsylvania, USA

Jerry Hughes and agent to meet directly with #Bills Thursday

With FA just around the corner on Tuesday, look for the Bills to make this push for Hughes now.

Are we tagging anybody this year? I think it would be too expensive on Hughes, no?

It was already announced that we are not franchising anyone.

I get the sense that Rex does not feel the need to overpay an edge rusher when he's got the Williams boys and Marcell to play with. And I think that makes sense.

Shoot. Didn't Rex actually get something out of that Penn State edge rushing bust whom the Bills drafted in the top ~10? I cannot recall his name. 

I get the sense that Rex does not feel the need to overpay an edge rusher when he's got the Williams boys and Marcell to play with. And I think that makes sense.

Shoot. Didn't Rex actually get something out of that Penn State edge rushing bust whom the Bills drafted in the top ~10? I cannot recall his name. 

The one year Penn State wonder? What is his name?

Aaron Maybin, drafted 11th overall.

That's the guy - thanks.

He didn't do much with the Jets. But he did something.

I infer that Rex thinks he can get some production out of that role without overpaying. Especially given who else is on the roster.

I dunno, I don't think the team would be meeting directly with both Hughes' agent and Hughes himself if Rex didn't think he was necessary. My guess is they try to seal the deal during that meeting.

I dunno, I don't think the team would be meeting directly with both Hughes' agent and Hughes himself if Rex didn't think he was necessary. My guess is they try to seal the deal during that meeting.

Interesting. I'd concluded that they were going to let him walk unless he took a discount, which I don't think he will do.

I get the sense that Jerry and his agent want to make sure Rex puts him in a situation to succeed.  More of a, "how much are you going to change stuff?" meeting.  You have a bad (or un-productive year), and it could be your last. Jerry has a couple more productive years, that leads to a couple more, that leads to a whole lot of $$$$.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.