Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

I happened to see the local Biz First's "Power 250" magazine for 2015. This is one of the many annual lists that the paper does to drive viewership, clicks, reprints, revenues, etc. Lt. Gov. Kathy Hochul came in at #1.

The back cover (outside) of the glossy booklet was an ad from Pegula Sports and Entertainment (sorry no picture, and I don't think it exists online) in which the Pegulas congratulated everyone in their organization who was recognized. They did the shout-outs in 3 columns -- from L-R, Bills, Sabres, Harbor Center. 

What I found interesting -- and maybe it just confirms what we already know -- is that the people pictured for the Sabres were arranged based on the sequence in which they fell in the list of 250. I.e., for the Sabres, the pictures went TB, TM, TN. But for the Bills, it went RB, JK, RR, DW. That despite the fact that the list placed DW "ahead" (whatever) of RR. It was a little eye catching to see the HC ahead of the GM. It prompted me to wonder and reflect on whether DW is really in charge. Like, at all.

And, as I said above, maybe this is something a lot of people have already presumed. But it was interesting to see it expressed, albeit impliedly, by the organization.

Aud, having trouble replying directly but it could just be that they listed them alphabetically and the Sabres' people just happened to fall that way.

Just went and checked the publication.  That's exactly what it is.  OneBuffalo took out an ad on the back page and listed people in columns, per organization, alphabetically.

The ranking is per Buffalo Business First.

Aud, having trouble replying directly but it could just be that they listed them alphabetically and the Sabres' people just happened to fall that way.

Just went and checked the publication.  That's exactly what it is.  OneBuffalo took out an ad on the back page and listed people in columns, per organization, alphabetically.

The ranking is per Buffalo Business First.

/removes tinfoil hat.

//feels a modest amount of shame.

EDIT: [Foghorn Leghorn voice] In mah - I said, in mah defense. . . . I was sittin on the toilet when I had this insight.

Edited by That Aud Smell

Searcy did a nice job and all, but I think he's pretty replaceable with our pass rush. I'm glad there seems to be a good chance of keeping Hughes.

Jonathan Meeks. Just found the tweet.

Bills.com reporting the Bills will meet with Spiller's reps tonight. Can we just not? We have a logjam of average backs as-is. Don't waste the time or money. Move on.

I honestly think it's just a formality so they can say "we tried, just no deal to be had." Spiller really doesn't fit Roman's offense anyway.

I disagree.  With proper utilization of personnel on offense, on hand even we could be 9-7 ± 2 no problem.

proper utilization depends on having a somewhat competent qb as well as a more competent OC. So I guess I agree with you .

And our #s aren't really any different exc you give it a higher

ceiling.

Edited by calti

Bears wouldn't commit to Jay Cutler today and multiple reporters are saying they think this shows that they're going to move him. He's still, by far, the best option out there. I'm more all-in on Cutler than I was before. The draft isn't going to get us anything immediate and free agency is a bunch of garbage. Get it done.

No one wants that contract .let alone a pick.. When he is cut he may not want to play w kromer.. Bradford seems worth a middle pick but better to have a back up in Moore and wait to see of either is cut. I'd rather sign dareus. And try with an orton w heart if one exist who can hold onto the ball.

No one wants that contract .let alone a pick.. When he is cut he may not want to play w kromer.. Bradford seems worth a middle pick but better to have a back up in Moore and wait to see of either is cut. I'd rather sign dareus. And try with an orton w heart if one exist who can hold onto the ball.

His contract is great. After next season they can cut him without paying a dime..

I have such a hard time listening to buscalia. Just a giant blow hard. I don't think he knows anything yet talks like he knows everything.

Every time I hear him talk, I find myself hoping he used to get the beat out of him in high school.

I know, I'm a terrible person.

proper utilization depends on having a somewhat competent qb as well as a more competent OC. So I guess I agree with you .

And our #s aren't really any different exc you give it a higher

ceiling.

Except I'm more on the (+) side.  I believe we will be at 10 or 11 wins, with a QB who isn't relied on exclusively (i.e. not throwing 30+ times per game), and if we get the most out of our O-line.  Our defense held us in almost every game last year.  There were only a couple that weren't close.  Our biggest problem was relying on Orton (or EJ) to throw way too much, especially when it wasn't there, and when we weren't throwing, we were running up the middle with an O-line that couldn't block a peewee team.  Use the proper blocking schemes for the personnel we have, get a few more upgrades along the line (i.e. one more guard or a better RT), and some competition for EJ, and I think we'll be fine.  

Which sucks... Whaley saying the trade market isn't a viable option to acquire a QB is a ###### shame and a disappointment. Ugh.

It really does suck because this team will never make the playoffs without a QB (no matter how good the D is). With Brady and Bill still alive, it's Wild Card or nothing. Let's just hope they add 2 more Wild Cards this year....

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.