Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

Barrett and Miller (miller still doesn't factor into this in my mind) don't have the arm that Cardale does. He can bomb it with accuracy. He's the perfect QB. Barrett is more of the college-style QB, but I still think Cardale has the edge (as do most people). I also don't think there's any chance Cardale went back to school without some sort of guarantee. He would've been a 2nd or 3rd round. Maybe even first (yes, I'm sure somebody would've bet big on those three games).

I'm sorry but you are way off on this. Urban Meyer will do whatever it takes to win and has openly supported Braxton.  Braxton won Big Ten player of the year while playing for a notably less talented Ohio State team than what was fielded last year.  

The other point is tape.  There was 2 games of tape on Jones going into the championship game against an Oregon team that quite honestly wasn't all that good.  Jones played well no doubt but if he gets another chance at starter, it will be interesting to see what teams do differently now that they have seen 3 games and had a summer to dissect that.  On top of that Ohio States defense was also a key cog in their win against Alabama, something that is forgotten. They also were able to stifle Oregon in the Nat Championship game as time went on. 

On top of that, Jones was only asked to through 92 times last year. He completed 56. In the National Championship game he completed 16 passes.  They ran the ball down Oregon's throat, 61 rushes (several by Jones). You can go ahead and take him in the 1st round but until I see 10 games from him starting, he isn't even the best QB on his team. 

Edited by LGR4GM

I'm sorry but you are way off on this. Urban Meyer will do whatever it takes to win and has openly supported Braxton. Braxton won Big Ten player of the year while playing for a notably less talented Ohio State team than what was fielded last year.

The other point is tape. There was 2 games of tape on Jones going into the championship game against an Oregon team that quite honestly wasn't all that good. Jones played well no doubt but if he gets another chance at starter, it will be interesting to see what teams do differently now that they have seen 3 games and had a summer to dissect that. On top of that Ohio States defense was also a key cog in their win against Alabama, something that is forgotten. They also were able to stifle Oregon in the Nat Championship game as time went on.

On top of that, Jones was only asked to through 92 times last year. He completed 56. In the National Championship game he completed 16 passes. They ran the ball down Oregon's throat, 61 rushes (several by Jones). You can go ahead and take him in the 1st round but until I see 10 games from him starting, he isn't even the best QB on his team.

Aside from the first nine words this is a very well-argued post.

Ohio State has a very good problem to have. If I'm Meyer I'm not considering Miller unless he blows me away. He was great but Barrett was better than Miller ever was last year and Jones just won me a national championship with stellar play (yes their running and and defense played a big part, too). It's one of those two.

I still believe that Jones had some type of guarantee. Either that he would be the starter or he would be the first man up if he doesn't win the job. Meyer will never admit that there was a guarantee because Barrett will still have two years of eligibility regardless of playing time this year. So if Jones starts and plays well he goes to the pros and OSU gets two years of Barrett starting (or one if he leaves early).

Michigan State and Ohio State are both set up for huge years in 2015. Should be fun to watch them play.

I have a feeling we're going to be making the type of "mortgage your future" move in next year's draft to pick up a QB. There's three legitimate top half of the first round type of guys right now. If we're at 19 again or in that ballpark we can't afford to sit and wait. Identify which guy you want and see what it will take to get there.

Washington, NYJ, Cleveland, Houston, Denver, Philly, Chicago, Arizona and St. Louis all could be looking for QBs. There's a big free agent class that we could dip into and that will knock off some of those teams, but then it'll open up some other spots.

If Manuel doesn't miraculously turn into a competent QB (he'll need to be even more than that) then I want next offseason to be all about taking care of our own and finding a QB. I'm all for a Washington-type trade for a high-end QB prospect. I do not care about the risk.

Christian Hackenberg, Connor Cook and Cardale Jones. Those are the three big names going into next year. CBS's Dane Brugler, who had the best mock draft of any expert by a long shot, actually has Cal's Jared Goff as the first QB in his way too early 2016 mock draft. Goff, Cody Kessler (USC), Gunner Kiel (Cincy) and Dak Prescott (Texas A&M) make next year an amazingly deep QB draft early. As opposed to WR I don't think QB is a position you say "it's deep so let's just wait on who falls." I think you've got to ID the one or two guys you want and do whatever it takes to get up and get them.

Let's go out there and make the playoffs this year and then get our QB next offseason. Let's do this.

Just as a quick correction, Prescott plays for Miss St., not Texas A&M.  

I'd take Cardale Jones next year only if he handles this year in the spotlight and if he can duplicate last year.  

I'd take Cardale Jones next year only if he handles this year in the spotlight and if he can duplicate last year.  

What if he were their 2nd string QB with only spot snaps?

What if he were their 2nd string QB with only spot snaps?

I don't know to be honest.  I liked a lot of what I saw this year from him, but I really want to see some of that replicated in order to spend a draft pick on him (one time wonder?)

Also, just got a text that the Bills signed 13 UDFAs

My bad on Prescott. And on Cardale - agreed. When he starts this season off it'll be interesting to see if the summer off takes away the momentum he built or if he remains strong and confident. Really like his game.

Bills reportedly have a meeting set up with La'El Collins. PLEASE sign him if he's cleared. Immediate starter potential on the offensive line. First-round grade.

Expanding on what Hoss said, has meetings with the Fins as well. Suppose to occur tonight and tomorrow

http://theadvocate.com/news/12279868-125/ex-lsu-star-lael-collins-meets

Since each team is limited by the CBA in the amount of dollars allocated for UDFAs, I propose we only sign Collins and give him the entire amount. 

Jimmy O needs to get creative here. 

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

So if he did it, at what point would the Bills look like scum?

For me, at the point he gets charged we start to look pretty bad. But last I knew (and I'm not totally up on the story), the police hadn't even formally named him a suspect. Could be wrong on that though.

For me, at the point he gets charged we start to look pretty bad. But last I knew (and I'm not totally up on the story), the police hadn't even formally named him a suspect. Could be wrong on that though.

You're correct. I'm a bit torn. Talent-wise this would be a steal but I cannot support a team that has supported a murderer. If they were to sign him and it turns out he did it then I don't know that I could support this regime.

Did the NFL tell teams not to look at Collins until he was cleared, based on the PR Nightmares(Of it's own making) this past year?

If this is the case the NFL should allow him to enter the supplemental draft if/when he is cleared.

I don't know that the NFL did tell teams anything. I do know they denied his request to enter the supplemental draft. If he were allowed in he'd probably go in the first or second still, but he won't be. Especially not after meeting with teams.

They still haven't. And unless they do name him a suspect I've got no problem with the Bills having a look. No reason to just assume he's guilty of anything.

This is pretty naive. Just because he hasn't been arrested doesn't mean he didn't do it. Anyone know if the child was his?

I think it's kinda weird to expect people to want to accuse someone of murder just for the hell of it. I'm not sure what you want anyone to say here.

He hasn't been declared a suspect. However, to my understanding the police spoke w/ him yesterday. I highly doubt they'd make an "on the spot" decision to not name him as a suspect. May take a few days. And who knows, some type of evidence may turn up in the very near future. If Collins is clean, I hope the Bills can sign him. Enticing reasons for Collins to sign w/ Buffalo is the guaranteed playing time and Pegula's short history of willingness to put up the big bucks. If Miami lands him.... :wallbash:

Edited by GoPre

Schefter: Bills HC Rex Ryan passed through Baton Rouge, La., tonight and had an unsanctioned meeting with LSU OL La'el Collins, per @mikerodak and me.

This would make up for not having a first rounder

I'm assuming that is Rodak's wording.  What does he mean by unsanctioned?

This courting of Collins thing comes off as unseemly, but, then again, all big business is that way from time to time.

FWIW, there's a report (from TMZ Sports!) that he has an airtight alibi of being in NOLA when the shooting occurred in Baton Rouge.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/05/05/lael-collins-alibi-in-double-murder-case/

Even if true, that alibi does not foreclose the possibility of his involvement, but it does make it far less likely.

They still haven't. And unless they do name him a suspect I've got no problem with the Bills having a look. No reason to just assume he's guilty of anything.

I think it's kinda weird to expect people to want to accuse someone of murder just for the hell of it. I'm not sure what you want anyone to say here.

As one of my resident Criminal Justice experts, at what point do police actually 'name [someone] a suspect'? Wouldn't they not want to do that until they're ready to charge them in case they flee?

Edited by sabills

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.