Zemgus makes All-Star Team

matter2003

Being an old-timer I can remember when the All-Star Games really meant something, to me at least. I would love to see Girgensons play in the All-Star Game, it should be because her earned it not because of the internet version of stuffing ballot boxes. For the record, I am also against idea that every team needs to be represented.

Let the all-star game determine home ice advantage for the Stanley Cup Finals (as MLB does), then the game will mean something.

Being an old-timer I can remember when the All-Star Games really meant something, to me at least. I would love to see Girgensons play in the All-Star Game, it should be because her earned it not because of the internet version of stuffing ballot boxes. For the record, I am also against idea that every team needs to be represented.

The ASG is a popularity contest and it has been for some time. By that standard, he earned it.

And who cares? ASGs are a relic of the 20th century. It used to be that it was rare to see the stars from other teams play. Now everyone can watch every game on their TV, computer, and phone.

No one should be upset that Zemgus is going to participate in a sporting event that will have less substance than a game show (because at least the people in game shows care if they win).

I'm betting that Girgensons is the last skater picked. But I'm really glad he's in there. He's going to make a lot of Letts very happy, and he'll be the only reason I watch it.

But yeah, I agree with everything you wrote.

They should pander to the audience that elected him and have him be one of the captains. Since Latvia is the only country that will actually be watching the game, they may as well let Zemgus pick his team.

They should pander to the audience that elected him and have him be one of the captains. Since Latvia is the only country that will actually be watching the game, they may as well let Zemgus pick his team.

It would make sense as he was the top vote-getter.

Edited by Neuvirths Glove

So Zemgoos Geargunsons may be wearing one of these at the all star game...

http://sports.yahoo....-221358956.html

The stripes kill it. Looks like someone dug a shirt out of the salvation army bin that had been worn by someone with jeans on backwards.

Black and neon green could work for something like the all star game but... not in this execution. The white version is simply terrible. The trompe l'oeil metal effect on the NHL shield sucks too. Man, I want the old black/orange NHL logo back.

Seattle Seahawks have successful dark color/neon green uniforms in my opinion. Solid with an accent.

The stripes kill it. Looks like someone dug a shirt out of the salvation army bin that had been worn by someone with jeans on backwards.

Black and neon green could work for something like the all star game but... not in this execution. The white version is simply terrible. The trompe l'oeil metal effect on the NHL shield sucks too. Man, I want the old black/orange NHL logo back.

Seattle Seahawks have successful dark color/neon green uniforms in my opinion. Solid with an accent.

I always have thought that their jerseys are the most atrocious ones I've ever seen :P But since you're the art one...guess I'll have to concede, as my roommate is a hawks fan (yes one of the bandwagon ones) and we have that argument weekly :P

Gus and the 5 BH's making the squad seems to work well w/ the 12 Days of Christmas (at least for day 5) but not sure of a line for Day 4.

Fiiiiiivvvvvvee Blackhawks,

4 ...,

3 days off,

2 non-checking teams,

and a Sabre from Lat-veee-a.

4 goals per period.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.