Star Wars - now with SPOILERS! (Read at your own risk)

Robviously

Here's a quick thought. If I hear one plot ruining spoiler, particularly what happens w/ Luke, before I see The Force Awakens, I am going to be super ticked off. Staying away from all articles on Star Wars and keeping my ears plugged. Some guy had better not yell out hey, Luke gets.... This pretty much sums it up.

Couple things that always stick out to me

1) That Star Destroyer stuck in the sand is an amazing shot, love it every time I see it

2) A droid rolling on sand make a ton more sense than one with legs

3) It the new DV connected at all to the previous movies, or is a new character entirely?

4)The black guy is going to kill it

Bought mine the day after Thanksgiving. Got it just in time. Place was sold out the next day.

My wife wanted to buy tickets for opening night and I told her I had no interest in going since I despise crowds.  Just thinking of going to opening night for Star Wars with all the kooks in costume was enough to raise my blood pressure.  So instead she somehow scored tickets at Cine Bistro where there are only 50 seats per theater...this I can get behind!

CinéBistro is a world-class "dinner-and-a-movie" concept developed by Cobb Theatres. We offer a luxurious and pampering movie-going experience with amenities such as reserved seating in cozy, over-sized leather seats, in-theatre, full-service dining and state-of-the art movie. Enjoy Chef prepared American Bistro cuisine, fine wines and signature cocktails and full in-theatre service all while watching first run or independent film in an environment like no other. CinéBistro also features a contemporary yet comfortable bar and lounge with full menu offerings. The lounge is also available to guests not seeing a movie.

My wife wanted to buy tickets for opening night and I told her I had no interest in going since I despise crowds.  Just thinking of going to opening night for Star Wars with all the kooks in costume was enough to raise my blood pressure.  So instead she somehow scored tickets at Cine Bistro where there are only 50 seats per theater...this I can get behind!

CinéBistro is a world-class "dinner-and-a-movie" concept developed by Cobb Theatres. We offer a luxurious and pampering movie-going experience with amenities such as reserved seating in cozy, over-sized leather seats, in-theatre, full-service dining and state-of-the art movie. Enjoy Chef prepared American Bistro cuisine, fine wines and signature cocktails and full in-theatre service all while watching first run or independent film in an environment like no other. CinéBistro also features a contemporary yet comfortable bar and lounge with full menu offerings. The lounge is also available to guests not seeing a movie.

Never knew that existed!

We have't gone to see a movie in years because we hate the typical theater experience we have here. Well this should be in the awesome thread that Mrs. Verret would do this.

The one and only time I went to an opening night movie was Fellowship of the Ring. Never again. I have no desire to be around that sort of thing again.

The last time I went to a movie theater was this time last year with the wife and kids.  Sat next to a kid who was coughing and sneezing constantly through the whole damn movie, all I could think was this kid has the damn flu.  Mid week rolls around at work and I'm not feeling so hot, walk down to the lab, pull out a flu test, quick self NP swab and sure enough....... Flu A positive.   :censored:

The one and only time I went to an opening night movie was Fellowship of the Ring. Never again. I have no desire to be around that sort of thing again.

I enjoy it. Now, I'm not the type to dress up or do anything crazy. Haven't even wore a shirt w/ whatever movie I'm seeing on it. But I find what a lot of people do at premiers entertaining. And I mean this in a good way. I might actually buy a shirt for this one.

Never knew that existed!

We have't gone to see a movie in years because we hate the typical theater experience we have here. Well this should be in the awesome thread that Mrs. Verret would do this.

There are a couple Movie Taverns around here. Maybe not the same atmosphere, but the same concept.

I was going to watch every movie from Episode 1 through Episode 6, but caught an interesting take on it yesterday. Story "flows" better by watching 4,5,2,3 and 6. After Vader reveals he's Luke's father in 5, you go back to 2 and 3 to see all of that go down. Kind of a flashback. By watching it like this the story becomes less Anakin centered. Helps even out the attention on Anakin and Luke. Pretty cool, huh? As for Episode 1, just leave it out. Not because it's a disappointment. It just doesn't fit well w/ the rest of the story in a galaxy far, far away....

And yes, I know Lucas has said the Star Wars Saga is centered on Anakin Skywalker, but everyone can have their own take on it. 3 days to go! 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.