Star Wars - now with SPOILERS! (Read at your own risk)

Robviously

This was confirmed to Entertainment Weekly by JJ Abrams, Obi Wan's and Yoda's Voices can be heard in the flashback scene. And they used a variation of Alec Guiness saying afraid in A New Hope for the name Rey and Ewan McGregor finished the line Rey, these are your first steps. Also you can here Luke shouting Nooo from ESB at the fire, which lends proof to the scene between Luke and R2 was the funeral pyre of Luke's Wife and Rey's Mother

BRAWNDO

This was confirmed to Entertainment Weekly by JJ Abrams, Obi Wan's and Yoda's Voices can be heard in the flashback scene. And they used a variation of Alec Guiness saying afraid in A New Hope for the name Rey and Ewan McGregor finished the line Rey, these are your first steps. Also you can here Luke shouting Nooo from ESB at the fire, which lends proof to the scene between Luke and R2 was the funeral pyre of Luke's Wife and Rey's Mother

I so gotta see Episode VII a second and third time. Had already planned on doing that, but now I can't wait to listen for things you mentioned. And I didn't know the scene w/ Luke and R2 was the funeral of Luke's wife. To be honest, I didn't know Luke had a wife. I'll admit I've been leaning towards the idea of Rey and Ren being cousins. What you had to post about seals the deal. Good post.  :thumbsup:

And I need to add I wish people would quit posting how this movie is so much like Episode IV. I'm not disagreeing w/ that, but it's not fair for people that haven't seen The Force Awakens. Kind of gives them negative thoughts before they even see it. Overall, Episode VII was amazing. Could've been a bit more original, but I don't have an ounce of disappointment. 

Edited by Thanes16

BRAWNDO

I so gotta see Episode VII a second and third time. Had already planned on doing that, but now I can't wait to listen for things you mentioned. And I didn't know the scene w/ Luke and R2 was the funeral of Luke's wife. To be honest, I didn't know Luke had a wife. I'll admit I've been leaning towards the idea of Rey and Ren being cousins. What you had to post about seals the deal. Good post.  :thumbsup:

And I need to add I wish people would quit posting how this movie is so much like Episode IV. I'm not disagreeing w/ that, but it's not fair for people that haven't seen The Force Awakens. Kind of gives them negative thoughts before they even see it. Overall, Episode VII was amazing. Could've been a bit more original, but I don't have an ounce of disappointment. 

Sent you a PM 

Do you have a link for this?

Question for those that have seen Episode 7. Do you now have less interest in watching Episodes 1 - 3? I'll admit mine has dropped a little. I'm going to continue watching them simply because they are Star Wars. But as 7 - 9 are completed, I can see myself focusing on Episodes 4 - 9. 

Question for those that have seen Episode 7. Do you now have less interest in watching Episodes 1 - 3? I'll admit mine has dropped a little. I'm going to continue watching them simply because they are Star Wars. But as 7 - 9 are completed, I can see myself focusing on Episodes 4 - 9. 

My seven year old asked to watch a SW Movie on DVD so I asked him which one he would like to see, his response was "Either 4, 5 or 6, the prequels were not good"  He is getting a car when he is sixteen.

BRAWNDO

I so gotta see Episode VII a second and third time. Had already planned on doing that, but now I can't wait to listen for things you mentioned. And I didn't know the scene w/ Luke and R2 was the funeral of Luke's wife. To be honest, I didn't know Luke had a wife. I'll admit I've been leaning towards the idea of Rey and Ren being cousins. What you had to post about seals the deal. Good post. :thumbsup:

With the comments earlier in the thread about Ford appearing in the next movie or two, it's pretty obvious there's going to need to be a ton of flashbacks coming by up. There's so much back story hidden in those 30 years with every single character. And they can't do it prequel style since Ford/Fisher/Hamill have a very limited shelf life left, but play a prominent role in all of it.

And was anyone else hoping Luke was going to look like the Joker when she found him?

Edited by shrader

With the comments earlier in the thread about Ford appearing in the next movie or two, it's pretty obvious there's going to need to be a ton of flashbacks coming by up. There's so much back story hidden in those 30 years with every single character. And they can't do it prequel style since Ford/Fisher/Hamill have a very limited shelf life left, but play a prominent role in all of it.

And was anyone else hoping Luke was going to look like the Joker when she found him?

Agreed. Hoping the flashbacks show how Ren fell to the darkside, masacred young Jedi's, Han and Leia's relationship falling a part and who Rey really is.

But do they sack up and actually show that massacre or do they go the route of Revenge of the Sith?

That's a good point question. Hollywood tends to stay away from showing kids getting killed. Even though Star Wars is no longer focusing on a kids audience, the makers of Episode VIII know they still have to keep it to where everyone can enjoy the film. Families may be hesitant to let their children see a number of kids get slaughtered. If the massacre is a part of Episode VIII, they'll probably show it like Revenge of the Sith. There's just certain things you don't need a movie.

That's a good point question. Hollywood tends to stay away from showing kids getting killed. Even though Star Wars is no longer focusing on a kids audience, the makers of Episode VIII know they still have to keep it to where everyone can enjoy the film. Families may be hesitant to let their children see a number of kids get slaughtered. If the massacre is a part of Episode VIII, they'll probably show it like Revenge of the Sith. There's just certain things you don't need a movie.

Someday these jedi higher-ups will figure things out.  Throughout the series they always talk about someone bringing balance to the force.  Balance doesn't mean zero sith and a ton of Jedi.  Balance is the 2-2 breakdown they had for most of the original movies (Emperor/Vader vs. Yoda/Kenobi).  Luke had to come around and throw everything off.  What did he expect would happen after teaching a bunch of new kids how to use the force?  Their version of balance is genocide (great motive, so called good guys).

Edited by shrader

Someday these jedi higher-ups will figure things out.  Throughout the series they always talk about someone bringing balance to the force.  Balance doesn't mean zero sith and a ton of Jedi.  Balance is the 2-2 breakdown they had for most of the original movies (Emperor/Vader vs. Yoda/Kenobi).  Luke had to come around and throw everything off.  What did he expect would happen after teaching a bunch of new kids how to use the force?  Their version of balance is genocide (great motive, so called good guys).

And to think Yoda wouldn't listen to his own words when speaking of the Sith. Always 2 there are. No more. No less.

There will always be a dark side. Just gotta have 2 bad ass Jedi to keep the Sith in check.

Went and saw it last night... good stuff.  

Loved the banter between Han and Chewy ("oh, you're cold!").  Definitely borrowed plot lines from Episode IV, but it was fun anyhow.  General Hoxley was very Hitler-esque.  The idea of one storm trooper randomly having a conscience and running away from the First Order is a little odd, but whatever.  Still a solid offering and WAYYYY better than Episodes I-III.  I like Ben Solo's somewhat whiny dark teenage a whole lot more than Emo teenage Anakin.

Reply to The Big Johnson

Years of drug abuse, particularly cocaine, will do that to you.

Are you implying that Betty White and Hillary are cocaine users?

I heard it was similar.  I also heard it was amazing.  It didn't ruin the movie for me and I formed my own opinions of it.

I thought he looked appropriately bad ass.  (I don't think I need to use the spoiler tag there since I don't say who HE is.)

I like Ben Solo's somewhat whiny dark teenage a whole lot more than Emo teenage Anakin.

Ben struck me as a teen-emo Snape.

Saw it a second time this afternoon. Enjoyed it even more. Ren and Rey are both going into training. Some serious stuff will be going down. It's quite obvious, in my opinion, Luke is Rey's father. The light saber being passed from Anakin to Luke to.... gives it away. The force seems stronger w/ her. When we find out who her father is, again its gotta be Luke, I hope it's not too dramatic. Just get it over w/ quick near the beginning of Episode 8. Can't try to be The Empire Strikes Back. Need complete originality in the next one.

Edited by Thanes16

Saw it a second time this afternoon. Enjoyed it even more. Ren and Rey are both going into training. Some serious stuff will be going down. It's quite obvious, in my opinion, Luke is Rey's father. The light saber being passed from Anakin to Luke to.... gives it away. The force seems stronger w/ her. When we find out who her father is, again its gotta be Luke, I hope it's not too dramatic. Just get it over w/ quick near the beginning of Episode 8. Can't try to be The Empire Strikes Back. Need complete originality in the next one.

Yep.  All of that.

One of the teaser clips from like a year ago had Luje giving the speech "my father had the force, I had the force, you have it". I suppose that could be something he would say to Ben, but it really is more of a father/child thing.

Edited by shrader

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.