Star Wars - now with SPOILERS! (Read at your own risk)

Robviously

I was surprised how well Rey handled the lightsaber for the first time, but as evidenced by skill with her staff, she is skilled at hand to hand combat. This could translate to skill with a lightsaber. 

Luke's Lightsaber called to Rey at Maz's Palace and Ren mentioned that Rey is very strong in with the Force. 

Also they interviewed Kathleen Kennedy in London and she mentioned the ENTIRE cast including Harrison Ford is slated to return for Ep 8. If this is true could it be flashbacks or did he defy all odds and somehow survive?

Rey had already had a little Jedi training before being hidden on Jakku. Add that to the flashbacks she had after touching Luke's lightsaber and Ren attempting to use the force on her, the force in her was awakened. The memories she had must have been hidden deep by someone strong w/ the force. Harrison Ford in Episode VIII would have to be a flashback. Maybe Rey having one? Her and Ren have to be brother and sister or cousins at the very least.

Thanks Hoss for letting me know how to use the spoiler block. 

Edited by Thanes16

just a theory - I think Rey was a part of the training by Luke that Ben was a part of. I also think she was rescued and sent to Jakku which would explain that part of her flashback.

I hope they're not related because that'd be too much family drama. She's obviously got important parents. I also hope it's not Luke. Palpatine could be possible.

Abrams and company have said they're not using the books once considered as the unofficial episodes 7, 8 and 9, but they have taken a few ideas. I'll admit I have not read the books, but to my knowledge Ren and Rey are twins. Han and Leia are the parents. I'd prefer the two being cousins. Rey being Luke's daughter would be interesting. Star Wars has been family drama from the start. Not saying it should continue, but would not be surprised if it did.

Question for those have seen it. Anyone get a little teary eyed when Han died? Not afraid to say I did. Grew up watching Han in the OT. He was my favorite character. Felt it was coming though. Ford wanted Han killed off after Empire Strikes Back. Knew it was coming as Solo made a dramatic walk to Ren in hopes of bringing his son home.  :cry:

Edited by Thanes16

That's kinda why I don't want them to be related. It's whatever if they are but surprise us with something new instead of just going back to the well for all your plot points. I loved the movie, but the trilogy will go down hill fast for me if they keep recycling ideas.

Also Rey and Kylo Ren weren't in the books. There were twin children of Han and Leia but to say Rey and Ben are them for sure when their names are totally different would be false. They could be mimicking that, but I doubt it.

That's kinda why I don't want them to be related. It's whatever if they are but surprise us with something new instead of just going back to the well for all your plot points. I loved the movie, but the trilogy will go down hill fast for me if they keep recycling ideas.
Also Rey and Kylo Ren weren't in the books. There were twin children of Han and Leia but to say Rey and Ben are them for sure when their names are totally different would be false. They could be mimicking that, but I doubt it.

I know the names are different. Ren, from what I can recall, was Anakin in the books. And as I said, they're just taking a few ideas from them. I agree originality needs to be used from here on out. Having a "Luke, I am your father" moment in the next movie would be disappointing. But I must admit I have a feeling they will at least be cousins. Not saying I want that. Just seems like it will go down. If they're not related, who could the parents be? Rey's memory was hidden and she was left on Jakku for a reason.

There is a book called Star Wars The Aftermath which gives a little history of the rise of the First Order. Surviving Leaders of the Imperial Forces weeded out the corrupt and weaker officers in order to re-establish the First Order. This was made easier by the fact after the Battles of Endor and Jakku, Mon Mothma who became leader of the Republic, decided to reduce the Republic's Armed Forces by 90%

Edited by BRAWNDO

There is a book called Star Wars The Aftermath which gives a little history of the rise of the First Order. Surviving Leaders of the Imperial Forces weeded out the corrupt and weaker officers in order to re-establish the First Order. This was made easier by the fact after the Battles of Endor and Jakku, Mon Mothma who became leader of the Republic, decided to reduce the Republic's Armed Forces by 90%

Is this book officially linked to The Force Awakens? If it is I'll check it out.

Is this book officially linked to The Force Awakens? If it is I'll check it out.

Here is the link to the book. To be honest the book wasn't that good, there where just a few tidbits in there.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/034551162X?keywords=star%20wars%20aftermath%20novel&qid=1450576404&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

Why should Po and Rey be a thing but not Finn and Rey? That makes little sense considering the interactions the characters had throughout the movie... Unless... Ya know.

I don't know know what "ya know" means.

Why do you think Rey and Finn can't be partners but Rey and Po? Why not Finn and Po!?

Kind of unexpectedly saw it tonight.  My son stopped by and kind of spur of the moment I suggested we go.  So I watched it with my two sons.  Enjoyed it.  Not too many surprises for me, but a lot of good action.  I wanted to avoid spoilers so I haven't read this thread at all.  One thing about the movie though...

Carrie Fisher sounds like a cross between Betty White and Hillary Clinton.

The reviews seem positive so far. I think everyone is going into this movie worried that it'll just be endless nods to the original trilogy. Evidently they've been pleasantly surprised. It appears we should expect some reference, but for the most part it shouldn't just be a huge nostalgiagasm. 

Yeah, it was pretty much a remake of Episode IV.  I was thinking that as I walked out of the theater and unprompted, my son said the same thing.

Edited by The Big Johnson

Has he crashed any planes in Star Wars?

Yes.  If you call the Millennium Falcon a plane.

He showed up a few weeks ago here in Fort Worth.  He was sighted by several friends of mine, hanging out in places I've been to regularly.  Apparently he gets recertification training as a helicopter pilot at Bell Helicopter and is quite familiar with the area (i.e., goes to places other than the usual touristy haunts).

I'm just typing random stuff right now because if you're on the desktop of the site and hit the arrow to preview the latest post in the thread it bypasses spoiler tags. I hope this is long enough. Okay I'm sure it is now.

Wow, never knew about that arrow.  Weird.  Cool.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.