Star Wars - now with SPOILERS! (Read at your own risk)

Robviously

This is pretty good:  http://www.wsj.com/articles/fans-love-hate-relationship-with-the-star-wars-franchise-1446662135

Especially this part:

Mr. Guinta adored the original trilogy: “Star Wars,” “The Empire Strikes Back” and “Return of the Jedi.” In 1998 he moved from Maryland to San Francisco to make sure he got into a particular premiere of “The Phantom Menace” the following spring. The screening was at the legendary Coronet Theater, where fans lined up for the original “Star Wars” in 1977. At the “Phantom” premiere in 1999, before the lights dimmed and the movie played, Mr. Giunta proposed to his girlfriend before the crowd. He gave her a ring that had been delivered by FedEx to the tent beside the Coronet where he had camped out for a month. It was going to be the greatest night of his life.

“When we were all in that theater, and the Twentieth Century Fox logo comes up, and the drum roll, and the ‘Star Wars’ crawl’s there, you just get chills,” he recalls. “And then it was such a crap movie. My first viewing was kind of mixed, because literally minutes before the movie started I had gotten engaged. I was kind of lost. I had tickets to the first seven showings of the movie and I think I only ended up going to four. By the last one, it really sunk in that this was not good.”

Holy mackerel.

This is pretty good:  http://www.wsj.com/articles/fans-love-hate-relationship-with-the-star-wars-franchise-1446662135

Especially this part:

Holy mackerel.

So, The Phantom Menace swept Mr. Guinta in a seven-game series?

I hope they're still married -- that's a pretty inauspicious start to the engagement.

Why's it odd?

Those shows' audience doesn't feel like a good fit for Star Wars' target audience.  I know there are plenty of women who like those movies, but it definitely skews towards males.  Granted it's from very limited viewing, but the Gray's Anatomy subject matter feels about as far from Star Wars as possible.

And this one's just pure speculation, but I would think those shows pull from a much older audience than they want to draw to Star Wars.

Those shows' audience doesn't feel like a good fit for Star Wars' target audience.  I know there are plenty of women who like those movies, but it definitely skews towards males.  Granted it's from very limited viewing, but the Gray's Anatomy subject matter feels about as far from Star Wars as possible.

And this one's just pure speculation, but I would think those shows pull from a much older audience than they want to draw to Star Wars.

My guess: Moms, and the unfortunate Dads that end up watching with their wives.

Watch the trailers for "Empire" and "Return", then this one - this doesn't 'feel' like Star Wars.   What did Han say?  "I've got a bad feeling about this"?   If people whose opinion I value tell me it's good, then I'll probably go see it in the theater.    Otherwise, I'll probably wait to see it on Netflix or similar.   

Edited by Jsixspd

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-wars-the-force-awakens-strays-from-my-origina/1100-6432477/

Starting to wonder if Lucas will even watch The Force Awakens. 

Cinemark and AMC theaters are not allowing masks, blasters and I believe lightsabers at the premier. I'll never dress up for a movie, but it has been enjoyable in the past to see others do this. The amount of time, effort and money they spend to pull it off is impressive. 

Edited by Thanes16

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-wars-the-force-awakens-strays-from-my-origina/1100-6432477/

Starting to wonder if Lucas will even watch The Force Awakens. 

Cinemark and AMC theaters are not allowing masks, blasters and I believe lightsabers at the premier. I'll never dress up for a movie, but it has been enjoyable in the past to see others do this. The amount of time, effort and money they spend to pull it off is impressive. 

Well, can you blame them?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.