Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

I can't really believe people think we will blow this. There's no reason to think we'll blow it given the situation outside of battered fan syndrome, which sorry, but I'm not subscribing to any kind of curse. "Because Buffalo" is garbage and I'm going to go on one hell of an I told you so tour after the game tonight.

Don't. Act like you've been there before.

or...

Don't act like you have been there before.

This.

I can't really believe people think we will blow this. There's no reason to think we'll blow it given the situation outside of battered fan syndrome, which sorry, but I'm not subscribing to any kind of curse. "Because Buffalo" is garbage and I'm going to go on one hell of an I told you so tour after the game tonight.

It will be music to my ears because at this point, I am more concerned about telling my kids they can't go to the game tomorrow. No way in Hell would I put them through that atmosphere when they are 7 and 9. Having to explain the fans booing the team that they love....forget about it. If Buffalo wins tonight, I can honestly say there will be a disconnect for quite some time......

You've backed me off of the ledge a few times.  I sure hope this garbage ends tonight so I can give you and Claude the tank you and credit you guys deserve for being so calm and cool under the circumstances. 

I will give you credit. During the Chicago game, I was ready to go off on your continued reassurance, and then Toews happened. I paid you due respect however. You've been good to me, but don't lead me on. There is too much consensus that Columbus has this in the bag. That's the only thing I don't like. They're a hot team -- fan appreciation night -- good goalie against lowest scoring offense in the league. That's when the unthinkable usually happens.

I will give you credit. During the Chicago game, I was ready to go off on your continued reassurance, and then Toews happened. I paid you due respect however. You've been good to me, but don't lead me on. There is too much consensus that Columbus has this in the bag. That's the only thing I don't like. They're a hot team -- fan appreciation night -- good goalie against lowest scoring offense in the league. That's when the unthinkable usually happens.

That's kind of like saying, "I found it in the last place I looked".  

Lindback in net tonight.

This franchise is so dysfunctional it doesn't deserve a generational talent.

Unf**king believable, one regulation loss away and you play the HOT goaltender.

I guess Mr. Murray decided to spend day in Erie drooling instead of instructing his subordinate to FINISH THE JOB and start Hackett.

Insane.

This is the Carrion Thread isn't it ?

You know, the thread where fans gather to cheer their team to last place.

For those of you more interested in the team picking 3rd and missing out on a generational talent, why don't you start a "I'm a wimpy fan, without any balls and love mediocrity" thread

No wonder this organization take us real fans for granted.

This is the Carrion Thread isn't it ?

You know, the thread where fans gather to cheer their team to last place.

For those of you more interested in the team picking 3rd and missing out on a generational talent, why don't you start a "I'm a wimpy fan, without any balls and love mediocrity" thread

No wonder this organization take us real fans for granted.

There is not a single person interested in that. Not one.

We're just not going to cry like little girls (no offense to little girls) and piss and moan about giving up all hope for the team if we don't get one.

There is not a single person interested in that. Not one.

We're just not going to cry like little girls (no offense to little girls) and piss and moan about giving up all hope for the team if we don't get one.

I got it.  So, when the proverbial sh*t hits the fan, we'll just pretend we have McEichel on the team.  Will they still sell jerseys or will that be pretend too ?

What's this called the Cinderella strategy of coping as fans who haven't won a Cup in our existence ?

I got it.  So, when the proverbial sh*t hits the fan, we'll just pretend we have McEichel on the team.  Will they still sell jerseys or will that be pretend too ?

What's this called the Cinderella strategy of coping as fans who haven't won a Cup in our existence ?

No, we wear our big-boy or big-girl pants and accept what it is in move on with hope based on what we have.

7 more hours and this whole thing could be over.   FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT HIS HOLY, HOCKEY GODS, PLEASE END THE SUFFERING!

I'm gonna make a sacrifice to the hockey gods before the game, perhaps burn a puck or pour some beer over a bucket of pucks or something.... burn an old wooden stick maybe.    Everybody needs to do their part to appease the gods.  

Edited by pi2000

7 more hours and this whole thing could be over.   FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT HIS HOLY, HOCKEY GODS, PLEASE END THE SUFFERING!

I'm gonna make a sacrifice to the hockey gods before the game, perhaps burn a puck or pour some beer over a bucket of pucks or something.... burn an old wooden stick maybe.    Everybody needs to do their part to appease the gods.  

i will dress like a puck bunny and visit my local bar.

No, we wear our big-boy or big-girl pants and accept what it is in move on with hope based on what we have.

"Because 'change' is not a destination, just as 'hope' is not a strategy."

--- Rudy Giuliani 9/3/2008

"Because 'change' is not a destination, just as 'hope' is not a strategy."

--- Rudy Giuliani 9/3/2008

"I think [George W.] Bush did a great job in that debate." - Rudy Giullani : equally stupid. We're fans, we only get hope since there's essentially nothing we can do to affect strategy.