Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

The sad part is that these Sabres players want more than anything to stick a dagger right into the heart of the fans who cheered for the other team in their building.

It's driving these guys. So don't expect any lackluster effort.

They WANT to derail "the tank" to get payback against the people who they think were out to embarrass them.

Those who cheered Arizona scoring in OT hurt the players, and so the players BADLY want to hurt the fans back. Most of them know they were brought in here because the organization thought they would lose and that they are about to be out of work, so it's really a final parting shot for them.

Nothing feels better than getting over on an organization that you feel wronged you. Few have the chance that these guys do and they are 100% into this.

Edited by TheFunPolice

Ennis enters the shower after an intense workout. The light starts to flicker. The hair on the back of his neck stands up. He knows he is being watched. He turns around. Tim Murray is stood there, face masked in shadow. Casually held in his right hand is 2ft of lead pipe.

"You don't look well, Tyler. Looks like you might have the flu. Or perhaps i'm wrong. Maybe you've got a lower body injury..."

Tyler bows his head. He knows what must be done.

Ennis enters the shower after an intense workout. The light starts to flicker. The hair on the back of his neck stands up. He knows he is being watched. He turns around. Tim Murray is stood there, face masked in shadow. Casually held in his right hand is 2ft of lead pipe.

"You don't look well, Tyler. Looks like you might have the flu. Or perhaps i'm wrong. Maybe you've got a lower body injury..."

Thank God Ghost is already banned. We might have lost him for a year responding to this post.

Thank God Ghost is already banned. We might have lost him for a year responding to this post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pMM4iwC-ag

Current lottery standings through games played 4/5 (using actual NHL standings)

Team         GP   PTS   ROW   PLP   CL%
Buffalo      80    54    15   1-2   20.0
Arizona      81    56    19   1-2   13.5
Edmonton     CLINCHED   3RD  PLACE  11.5
Toronto      CLINCHED   4TH  PLACE   9.5
Carolina     CLINCHED   5TH  PLACE   8.5

New Jersey   CLINCHED   6TH  PLACE   7.5

Philadelphia 81    84    30   7-8    6.5

Columbus     80    85    32   7-11   6.0

Colorado     81    88    28   8-11   5.0

Florida      81    89    29   8-12   3.5

San Jose     81    89    37   8-12   3.0

Dallas       81    90    36   10-12  2.5

Los Angeles  81    93    37   13-14  2.0

Boston       81    95    37   13-OUT 1.0

Pittsburgh   80    96    38   14-OUT N/A

Ottawa       81    97    36   14-OUT N/A

PLP - Possible lottery positions (the numbers represent the lottery positions they could possibly finish)

CL& - Current lottery percentage

Bolded teams have clinched that position in the lottery.

The Carolina win clinched their position in the lottery as well as Toronto's. The Islanders and Red Wings were eliminated with the Boston loss. Calgary and Winnipeg were eliminated with the LA loss (and Calgary win).

Tomorrow: The top seven draft lottery positions are all locked if Columbus beats Buffalo in regulation. If Columbus gets a point then Philadelphia clinches seventh. Pittsburgh can be eliminated with a win against the Islanders tomorrow.

Edited by Tank

Lolbetter call 8 or 4 or whatever number those douchebags use. Wait they were probably there and came to the rescue from the stands.

Hurt in a car....  Call William Mattar

Current standings through games played 4/9.

Team         GP  L  W OT  PT MPP PR RPTC M# CPM

Buffalo      80 49 23  8 106 110  4   3   2 19.4

Arizona      81 49 24  8 106 108  2   3   5 14.2

Edmonton     80 43 24 13  99 103  4  --     11.5

Toronto      81 44 30  7  95  97  2  --      9.5

Carolina     81 40 30 11  91  93  2  --      8.5

New Jersey   81 35 32 14  84  86  2  --      7.5

CPM per sportsclubstats.com and lottery weighting - last updated 4/10 in AM

Only 2 NHL games on the slate today, 1 involving the Sabres, both with CHL implications. Sabres travel to BJ country; a regulation loss locks up the CHL title, anything else and the Desert Dogs would have life remaining on Saturday. Sabres are guaranteed 1st through 81 games, but being 1st through 82 is what guarantees 1/2 of McEichel.

The other NHL game has the just NHL clinched Garth's Goobers (they TRIED to drop back into the lottery) at the Pigeons. The Pigeons could lock up an NHL playoff spot (rendering their game vs Buffalo being just for seeding) by dropping 2 tonight. Not sure which would be better for the Sabres if they need to pick up 2 tomorrow night; Pigeons being in the NHL playoffs could have them loose while playing for seeding or it could have them completely non-focused; Pigeons needing to drop points to get in could have them playing with playoff intensity or breaking sticks from gripping them so tightly.

Easy answer to all of this is to have the BJ's hold to recent form and get blanked tonight; would result in a very smelly trip back from C-Bus for the champion Sabres.

The other NHL game has the just NHL clinched Garth's Goobers (they TRIED to drop back into the lottery) at the Pigeons. The Pigeons could lock up an NHL playoff spot (rendering their game vs Buffalo being just for seeding) by dropping 2 tonight. Not sure which would be better for the Sabres if they need to pick up 2 tomorrow night; Pigeons being in the NHL playoffs could have them loose while playing for seeding or it could have them completely non-focused; Pigeons needing to drop points to get in could have them playing with playoff intensity or breaking sticks from gripping them so tightly.

I believe that they said last night that the Pens only need one point.  If Boston wins their last game in regulation/OT and the Pens pick up one point, then they will be tied in points and ROW, meaning that head-to-head is the tiebreaker.  Haven't looked that up for them, but if what I heard is correct, then it must be the Pens'.

Edit: just looked it up on the Penguins' schedule and Boston has that tiebreaker.  Whoever said one point on the Canucks feed last night was mistaken.  Two it is.

Edited by carpandean

I believe that they said last night that the Pens only need one point.  If Boston wins their last game in regulation/OT and the Pens pick up one point, then they will be tied in points and ROW, meaning that head-to-head is the tiebreaker.  Haven't looked that up for them, but if what I heard is correct, then it must be the Pens'.

Very well could be. Didn't care to look beyond TB1 either. But either way, Pigeons MIGHT need to drop at least a point vs Sabres which could help Sabres pick up the point or 2 they should in that one.

[Edit: On GR this morning they said there's a situation where Pitts needs to drop 2 points; 1 won't necessarily get it done.]

Edited by Taro T

Well with weighted odds, Sports Club Stats has the Sabres chance for last down to 90%.  Unweighted, 83%.  CBJ are 3.5-1 favorites tonight, so if you bet $100 on Buffalo you win $350.  Tonight needs to be the night, or it is going to get very hairy.

Well with weighted odds, Sports Club Stats has the Sabres chance for last down to 90%.  Unweighted, 83%.  CBJ are 3.5-1 favorites tonight, so if you bet $100 on Buffalo you win $350.  Tonight needs to be the night, or it is going to get very hairy.

I don't win bets when putting down money, so maybe I'll jump on this one and pick the Sabres to get the W'. ha ha

Here's as much "fun" as I can imagine:  the Sabres fall behind tonight, but come back late to tie the game and force OT.  They, then, quickly lose in OT win in a SO, pulling within one point of even with Arizona.  Pittsburgh wins tonight, comes in halfheartedly tomorrow and loses badly to the Sabres.  Anaheim plays just hard enough to push it to OT and the game ends up going to a SO.  The first two shooters on both sides miss.  So, around 1am Sunday morning, half of Buffalo and the surrounding regions and fans across the country are still awake.  And then ....

Oops, did that wrong.  Fixed.

Edited by carpandean

I think his suspension is pretty close to expired.  Hopefully he's got plenty of good stuff saved up for us.

I suggest we all wear raincoats for a few weeks.

As for the Shart:  I appreciate the brave faces everyone is putting on, but does anyone really think the Sabres won't blow this? 

I think his suspension is pretty close to expired.  Hopefully he's got plenty of good stuff saved up for us.

I suggest we all wear raincoats for a few weeks.

As for the Shart:  I appreciate the brave faces everyone is putting on, but does anyone really think the Sabres won't blow this? 

I can't really believe people think we will blow this. There's no reason to think we'll blow it given the situation outside of battered fan syndrome, which sorry, but I'm not subscribing to any kind of curse. "Because Buffalo" is garbage and I'm going to go on one hell of an I told you so tour after the game tonight.

I can't really believe people think we will blow this. There's no reason to think we'll blow it given the situation outside of battered fan syndrome, which sorry, but I'm not subscribing to any kind of curse. "Because Buffalo" is garbage and I'm going to go on one hell of an I told you so tour after the game tonight.

Don't. Act like you've been there before.

or...

Don't act like you have been there before.