Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

"I think [George W.] Bush did a great job in that debate." - Rudy Giullani : equally stupid. We're fans, we only get hope since there's essentially nothing we can do to affect strategy.

Last I checked Bush won, so, I guess he did do a better job in the debate.

BTW, I bet my girlfriend that you'd bring George Bush into this, you libs are so predictable.

A quick question for chz, freeman and SDS. I feel like their used to be a button right on posts that would allow you to block a poster. Where did that go and what is the quickest solution now?

Go up to the upper right corner and click on your screen name with the drop down arrow next to it. In that drop down menu you can "Manage Ignore Preferences"

Last I checked Bush won, so, I guess he did do a better job in the debate.

BTW, I bet my girlfriend that you'd bring George Bush into this, you libs are so predictable.

I thought we were quoting stupid things Giulianni has said, my mistake. :) Since we're talking about planning, what's your plan if the Sabres don't "Finish the Job"? I've already laid mine out: I keep watching and hoping the Sabres win it all some day.

Ennis enters the shower after an intense workout. The light starts to flicker. The hair on the back of his neck stands up. He knows he is being watched. He turns around. Tim Murray is stood there, face masked in shadow. Casually held in his right hand is 2ft of lead pipe.

"You don't look well, Tyler. Looks like you might have the flu. Or perhaps i'm wrong. Maybe you've got a lower body injury..."

Tyler bows his head. He knows what must be done.

Wow!!

How did I miss this.  Pretty distasteful post, IMO.

And I love that Queen harmony.  Particularly in that song.

Thanks.

Just ignored my first poster here, strange times

Me too, but it only works when none of you yahoos respond and quote that clown.  So, cut it out all of you.  Got it.  Good.

I thought we were quoting stupid things Giulianni has said, my mistake. :) Since we're talking about planning, what's your plan if the Sabres don't "Finish the Job"? I've already laid mine out: I keep watching and hoping the Sabres win it all some day.

Drastically lower expectations for this franchise over the next 3-4 years and decide how much time and treasure to invest in this team.

I'm really not trolling, I'm just extremely frustrated and feeling betrayed as a STH that this team sold me a bill of goods.  I did my part, I renewed my STH's even after I moved to Macon.  I fly back 4-5 times a year and catch 9-10 games in person.  Is it too much to ask the franchise to do whatever they can to finish the job that they defined themselves as the mission ?

I'm surprised so many of you are so complacent that you are willing to block me ?

Granted I made some provocative statements, but I wasn't the one trolling pictures of bunnies in response to serious questions that I've raised about the commitment our franchise has shown us fans.

Again, block away.  But closing your eyes and ears to the truth is just lying to yourself.

Drastically lower expectations for this franchise over the next 3-4 years and decide how much time and treasure to invest in this team.

I'm really not trolling, I'm just extremely frustrated and feeling betrayed as a STH that this team sold me a bill of goods.  I did my part, I renewed my STH's even after I moved to Macon.  I fly back 4-5 times a year and catch 9-10 games in person.  Is it too much to ask the franchise to do whatever they can to finish the job that they defined themselves as the mission ?

I'm surprised so many of you are so complacent that you are willing to block me ?

Granted I made some provocative statements, but I wasn't the one trolling pictures of bunnies in response to serious questions that I've raised about the commitment our franchise has shown us fans.

Again, block away.  But closing your eyes and ears to the truth is just lying to yourself.

They blocked you because you were acting like an @ss but I think even if they did draft 3rd in this draft they will get an NHL All Star and an impact player.  It would be like drafting on the Sam Reinhart level again.  2 players like Sam will drastically change the team.  That being said I think we need to "finish the drill".  Eichel and McDavid are the prize at this point.

Also, welcome to Georgia.  

There is not a single person interested in that. Not one.

We're just not going to cry like little girls (no offense to little girls) and piss and moan about giving up all hope for the team if we don't get one.

I'm not trying to support the troll, but there are people who hope the Sabres win every game, and that necessarily means there are people content not to draft McEichel. 

I think it's crazy, but there is obviously that faction of Sabres fans out there.

They blocked you because you were acting like an @ss but I think even if they did draft 3rd in this draft they will get an NHL All Star and an impact player.  It would be like drafting on the Sam Reinhart level again.  2 players like Sam will drastically change the team.  That being said I think we need to "finish the drill".  Eichel and McDavid are the prize at this point.

Also, welcome to Georgia.  

I apologize if I came across like a donkey.  I was trying to be provocative and "poke the bear" to wake everyone on this thread up.  I just started reading this forum a few months ago and never posted before a few weeks back.  I never thought my comments would lead to bunnies (whatever that means) and blocking.

To be honest, when I read the last 10-20 pages of this thread I felt like all of you were simply willing to accept what happens and stay committed as fans, almost like you are victims of abuse afraid to speak up.

I think we deserve better as fans.

Nolan is being paid by the Sabres, he should be aligned to the franchise's objectives, if he is not Murray should take action.  I don't think that is asking too much.

Love Georgia, but boy do I miss La Nova, Wegman's, Duff's and Ted's.

I apologize if I came across like a donkey.  I was trying to be provocative and "poke the bear" to wake everyone on this thread up.  I just started reading this forum a few months ago and never posted before a few weeks back.  I never thought my comments would lead to bunnies (whatever that means) and blocking.

To be honest, when I read the last 10-20 pages of this thread I felt like all of you were simply willing to accept what happens and stay committed as fans, almost like you are victims of abuse afraid to speak up.

I think we deserve better as fans.

Nolan is being paid by the Sabres, he should be aligned to the franchise's objectives, if he is not Murray should take action.  I don't think that is asking too much.

Love Georgia, but boy do I miss La Nova, Wegman's, Duff's and Ted's.

Yea... Wegman's and La Nova I really miss a lot.

This board can be a little touchy at times.  Sadly for some of us we have been living the tank now for over 2 years.  We are exhausted.  For others we accept that we could screw this up in the end.  Me personally I hope for the best and am prepared for the worst. I am just trying to manage my own expectations. 

You came in with guns a blazin and people tend to react poorly to that.  Stick with it though I think your heart is in the right place.  

Edited by LGR4GM

i will dress like a puck bunny and visit my local bar.

LGR did you get this?

Hey, that was my plan, too.

And this?

I'm sorry which bar was that again?  (Hastily starts looking up flights to Buffalo)

Oh good!

(Remember, Swamp is the blonde)

Next year is going to be a tough one. Watching McDavid and Eichel play in the league while Marner, Hanifin or Strome are back in college / Juniors. 

I don't think there will be a whole fan base cheering for loses next year as the changes in lottery will dampen attempts to Tank. For me, I'll keep watching, I'll cheer for them again but I will never get over "what could have been".

I will say I will  harbor ill feelings against any player who decides to be a hero over the next 2 games. They've made their point, they played hard most every game. Time to play for the logo on the front of the crest and not the name on the back. 

Next year is going to be a tough one. Watching McDavid and Eichel play in the league while Marner, Hanifin or Strome are back in college / Juniors. 

I don't think there will be a whole fan base cheering for loses next year as the changes in lottery will dampen attempts to Tank. For me, I'll keep watching, I'll cheer for them again but I will never get over "what could have been".

I will say I will  harbor ill feelings against any player who decides to be a hero over the next 2 games. They've made their point, they played hard most every game. Time to play for the logo on the front of the crest and not the name on the back. 

Just one game, not even two.   The perfect script would be they lay down tonight and then crush the Penguins at home tomorrow on fan appreciation day... I guarantee the arena will be rocking if they go in with 30th locked up.    

That said, if they win tonight, tomorrow will be ugly.    Winning tonight does several orders of magnitude more harm than good.  

Go up to the upper right corner and click on your screen name with the drop down arrow next to it. In that drop down menu you can "Manage Ignore Preferences"

I know how to get there, but it used to be so much easier, just a single push of a button.

Lose or Lose I would like to nominate Claude_Verret for MVP of the CHL

His calm demeanor and even headed approach to this shart has pulled many people back from the ledge with simple logic showing we are the worst team in the league, the shart will be ours.

Claude, I appreciate your efforts this season.

Tell him what he's won Johnny!