Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

Sabres are putting a lot of faith in losing (in regulation) these final two games.  They put a lot of faith that Arizona would beat Detroit and San Jose these final two weeks.  Seems to me, we are leaving way too much for chance.  In a normal draft year, that might be acceptable.  In a draft year where you are starring at two generational talents, that's insane.

Leaving way too much to chance?

So, basically, not throwing games?

Because how else is a sporting event not chance?

Sabres are putting a lot of faith in losing (in regulation) these final two games.  They put a lot of faith that Arizona would beat Detroit and San Jose these final two weeks.  Seems to me, we are leaving way too much for chance.  In a normal draft year, that might be acceptable.  In a draft year where you are starring at two generational talents, that's insane.

I don't see how you can prove this, or how it's even true. They won games they weren't supposed to, just like we've won games we weren't supposed to. There is nothing more short Murray can do to make this team the worst in the league, which it already is. The Sabres didn't put any faith into the Coyotes beating anyone, we took the necessary actions to make sure we were the worst team, and the Coyotes also made those actions, so it's a closer race than we anticipated. That doesn't mean we failed to do something but instead just hinged our entire tanking efforts on Arizona winning those two games. 

I don't see how you can prove this, or how it's even true. They won games they weren't supposed to, just like we've won games we weren't supposed to. There is nothing more short Murray can do to make this team the worst in the league, which it already is. The Sabres didn't put any faith into the Coyotes beating anyone, we took the necessary actions to make sure we were the worst team, and the Coyotes also made those actions, so it's a closer race than we anticipated. That doesn't mean we failed to do something but instead just hinged our entire tanking efforts on Arizona winning those two games. 

The Sabres embarked on a strategy to completely dismantle their entire roster in order to rebuild by drafting high for 2-3 years and getting superstar players.  They go to all that effort, yet, folks on this board want to defend the inaction of the GM to not fire the coach that is standing in the way of achieving that strategy ?

That makes no sense.

So, it's okay to trade away every UFA worth anything to worsen the roster so we lose, but it's not okay to fire the man behind the bench that is coaching the team and trying to win every f**king game ?

That is the definition of insanity if I ever heard it.

I get the impression that Murray is going to pick who he wants to pick - regardless of his scouts recommendations. I doubt he let Devine talk him into anything.

I actually think the Reinhart pick was influenced by Devine. From all Murray has done and added to this team, Sam Bennett was more his type. 

The Sabres embarked on a strategy to completely dismantle their entire roster in order to rebuild by drafting high for 2-3 years and getting superstar players.  They go to all that effort, yet, folks on this board want to defend the inaction of the GM to not fire the coach that is standing in the way of achieving that strategy ?

That makes no sense.

So, it's okay to trade away every UFA worth anything to worsen the roster so we lose, but it's not okay to fire the man behind the bench that is coaching the team and trying to win every f**king game ?

That is the definition of insanity if I ever heard it.

Well first thing is we are drafting high again this year, regardless of the next 3 days.  The second thing is Tim Murray needed a coach to hold the locker room together so it did not turn into Toronto.  Again Nolan has done that. What action do you think Ted Nolan should be taking in the last 2 games to carry out what you perceive as Murray's order to finish DFL?

Nolan is a bad coach IMO, nobody could have foreseen him doing better than last season. Also, this year's point total thus far of 54 points would be good for last, by usually ~10 points, in every other year besides last year, and that's because we were so terrible last year too, under Ted Nolan for the majority of it. 

Disclosure: The Flyer's had 56 points in 2006-2007, and St.Louis had 57 points in 2005-2006, though TB did have 71 points in 2007-2008 (all last place teams)

So, Murray made the right move in keeping Nolan, we just have had very god CHL competition in Zona

I actually think the Reinhart pick was influenced by Devine. From all Murray has done and added to this team, Sam Bennett was more his type. 

Well first thing is we are drafting high again this year, regardless of the next 3 days.  The second thing is Tim Murray needed a coach to hold the locker room together so it did not turn into Toronto.  Again Nolan has done that. What action do you think Ted Nolan should be taking in the last 2 games to carry out what you perceive as Murray's order to finish DFL?

Start Hackett.

Buffalo Sabres ‏@BuffaloSabres 1h1 hour ago Buffalo, NY

Kaleta: Two games left. We have to play our heart out. #Sabres

Buffalo Sabres ‏@BuffaloSabres 1h1 hour ago

Ennis: We want to play spoiler.. We want to do our best. Guys are fighting for jobs. #Sabres

Who is asking the questions that garner these answers? Is it Harrington or Hamilton? This season can't end soon enough.

I couldn't disagree more. Does Murray seem like that type that would bunt his most important decision to somebody else? No. That decision was all Murray, I think.

Just because Bennett might be a little more physical doesn't mean that Murray doesn't see a talent gap that justifies the pick of Reinhart.

I couldn't disagree more. Does Murray seem like that type that would bunt his most important decision to somebody else? No. That decision was all Murray, I think.

Just because Bennett might be a little more physical doesn't mean that Murray doesn't see a talent gap that justifies the pick of Reinhart.

The key word was influenced.  I think Murray listens to his scouts. 

The key word was influenced. I think Murray listens to his scouts.

Sure, but I think he would've picked Reinhart either way. He's a scout himself. He still does far more scouting than most GMs. He knew Reinhart and Bennett as good, if not better than, his scouts. Maybe the reassured him, but I'm sure it was his decision almost entirely.

Sure, but I think he would've picked Reinhart either way. He's a scout himself. He still does far more scouting than most GMs. He knew Reinhart and Bennett as good, if not better than, his scouts. Maybe the reassured him, but I'm sure it was his decision almost entirely.

I doubt he knew them better than his scouts but I still maintain he listens to what they say and will adjust his thoughts accordingly. 

Even better.

Actually, Hackett is healthy.

You are killing me. Hackett just got healthy as of today.  You really think Murray should start him?  Why?  Lindback has crappy numbers too.  Maybe Lindback has terrible numbers against Columbus?  Your point is hyperbole and frankly I am annoyed at this point but all of the over-exaggeration going on around this place.  

I doubt he knew them better than his scouts but I still maintain he listens to what they say and will adjust his thoughts accordingly. 

You are killing me. Hackett just got healthy as of today.  You really think Murray should start him?  Why?  Lindback has crappy numbers too.  Maybe Lindback has terrible numbers against Columbus?  Your point is hyperbole and frankly I am annoyed at this point but all of the over-exaggeration going on around this place.  

Liger, the over-exaggeration is basically from one guy. Don't respond to his provoking.

Didn't Lindback just make 49 saves against the Canes ?

I guess you want to pick 3rd and miss out on a generational talent.

The owner and GM should leave nothing to chance.  Field the absolute worst lineup, play the 4th line as much as you can.

Wake up Buffalo, we are one regulation loss away from landing the best prospect since Gilbert Perrault, why are we letting off the gas with the finish line in sight and another car 2 lengths behind us ???

Finish the job.

Didn't Lindback just make 49 saves against the Canes ?

I guess you want to pick 3rd and miss out on a generational talent.

The owner and GM should leave nothing to chance.  Field the absolute worst lineup, play the 4th line as much as you can.

Wake up Buffalo, we are one regulation loss away from landing the best prospect since Gilbert Perrault, why are we letting off the gas with the finish line in sight and another car 2 lengths behind us ???

Finish the job.

o-BUNNY-570.jpg?1

Oh look bunnies!

Moar bunnies!

o-BUNNY-570.jpg?1

What, you don't have the stomach to do what's necessary to get to last place ?

Why do you think they call this TANKING, it takes hard work, commitment and a resolve that most teams, franchises and fans aren't willing to undertake.  We aren't pushovers like France in WWII, we are England, we will fight to the end to see this through, we will fight on the seas, we will never surrender to weak minded and pussified fans, never !

Finish the job!

...and while we're on the subject, on the next block there are a couple of domesticated rabbits that run loose in the neighborhood.  My dog, WInston, likes to go down that block; the bunnies don't seem particularly threatened by him and come right up to us.

14011063542_1460696c1d_n.jpg

OMG BUNNY by doohickie@ymail.com, on Flickr

14011070921_4aee2df6b9_n.jpg

Winston and the Bunny by doohickie@ymail.com, on Flickr

What, you don't have the stomach to do what's necessary to get to last place ?

Why do you think they call this TANKING, it takes hard work, commitment and a resolve that most teams, franchises and fans aren't willing to undertake.  We aren't pushovers like France in WWII, we are England, we will fight to the end to see this through, we will fight on the seas, we will never surrender to weak minded and pussified fans, never !

Finish the job!

I don't think you understand. I have waaaayyy more bunny pictures.