Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

Winnipeg Beat Reporter 

gary lawless ‏@garylawless  1m

can now report Kane violated #nhljets dress code and arrived at rink in a track suit rather than suit

If this warrants a healthy scratch, there must be some serious deeper problems between him and management 

Edited by BRAWNDO

When a relationship has been sour that long I don't understand how a move isn't made... Oh wait, yes I do. Their GM, Kevin Cheveldayoff, still has never made a player-for-player trade. In FOUR YEARS.

Alright, I admit, he did one... But he waived the only player he received in that trade.

Winnipeg Beat Reporter

gary lawless@garylawless 1m

1 minute ago

can now report Kane violated #nhljets dress code and arrived at rink in a track suit rather than suit

If this warrants a healthy scratch, there must be some serious deeper problems between him and management

I know I'm old but I don't understand the allure of "track suits".

I'm with you on this. To me its no different than seeing lazy kids wearing their PJs to Tim Hortons. Put some fecking clothes on you slob. Who raised ya ?

ppl here really don't understand Timmy Ho's  and why it is better than Dunkin... sigh. 

Also I always approve of girls wearing pajamas just about anywhere. 

Leaf fan makes a good parody and I gotta say I feel his pain.

Sorry, even if you strip a leaf fan naked and drag him behind a snowmobile around the great white north, still, NFG. Their Leafs fans.

My Dream, April 1st 2015, Sabres will win to mathematically eliminating the Blow Leafs Blow from the playoffs. Thus relegating them to hockey purgatory of picking a draft pick that should keep them average.

The article is ostensibly about baseball, but has some interesting hockey talk as well.

http://www.newyorker.com/news/sporting-scene/martin-brodeur-hockey-shifting-boundaries

"Meanwhile, the analytics revolution has taken hold in hockey, too.  . . . And perhaps the chief insight to have emerged in the early days of Moneypuck is that dump and chase, the pride of the trapezoid, is a mostly silly strategy. Soviet-style puck possession is what’s now prized by the ascendant rink philosophers, and before this season, as if in penance, the league expanded the size of the trapezoids, allowing goalies slightly more freedom of movement. In fact, a revisionist theory holds that Brodeur may inadvertently have been helping his opponents during the first half of his career by discouraging them from dumping."

Sorry, even if you strip a leaf fan naked and drag him behind a snowmobile around the great white north, still, NFG. Their Leafs fans.

My Dream, April 1st 2015, Sabres will win to mathematically eliminating the Blow Leafs Blow from the playoffs. Thus relegating them to hockey purgatory of picking a draft pick that should keep them average.

Careful there.  If they end up eligible for the lottery your malice may come back to bite you in them receiving the number 1 pick.  Rather they make last seed and lose in the first round.

Careful there.  If they end up eligible for the lottery your malice may come back to bite you in them receiving the number 1 pick.  Rather they make last seed and lose in the first round.

Indeed. Ideally April 1st cements the Laffs in the playoffs AND Buffalo in last place.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.