Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

The AHL's new Leggio Rule:

Goalie gets game misconduct, replacement goalie has to face penalty shot taken by any skater on the ice at the time of the call.

I like it. Any blatantly intentional violation of a rule like that one calls for at least a major. They exist for just about every other call, so I'd I have no problem with there also being a major penalty for delay of game.

Only a matter of time until they resemble the Euro-league jerseys. Just nauseating.

Doubt it gets that far.

I've always wondered this: what does Reebok think of this? Aren't they advertisements on the jersey? Do they feel okay with them throwing ads on the jerseys they pay so much to get their logo on?

Doubt it gets that far.

I've always wondered this: what does Reebok think of this? Aren't they advertisements on the jersey? Do they feel okay with them throwing ads on the jerseys they pay so much to get their logo on?

I'd hope that it'd affect jersey sales enough that they'd cancel it, but I see enough people with soccer jerseys that are just a corporate logo that I don't hold out much hope.

I'm jealous, this is a GREAT game between the Pens and Jets. The Jets might not be very good but they sure as hell are entertaining.

I feel bad for the people of Winnipeg, having to listen to Engblom full time. It's no wonder they pack that place every game.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

Interesting thoughts from Pierre LeBrun:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/33126/rumblings-time-to-update-names-of-major-awards-additions-to-player-safety

Suggests changing the names of trophies from former owners to legendary players. His ideas:

Hart (MVP) --> Gretzky

Art Ross (points leader) --> Howe

Norris (d-man) --> Orr

Calder (rookie) --> Lemieux

Lady Byng (sportsmanship) --> Beliveau

Selke (d forward) --> Gainey

Jack Adams (coach) --> Scott Bowman

I know traditionalists will hate this idea. I also understand that these are named after some of the "builders" of the game. But I like the idea of renaming some, like the Norris for Orr. Gretzky on the MVP makes sense. Calder should go to Selanne instead, but it's too early for that.

Interesting thoughts from Pierre LeBrun:

http://espn.go.com/b...o-player-safety

Suggests changing the names of trophies from former owners to legendary players. His ideas:

Hart (MVP) --> Gretzky

Art Ross (points leader) --> Howe

Norris (d-man) --> Orr

Calder (rookie) --> Lemieux

Lady Byng (sportsmanship) --> Beliveau

Selke (d forward) --> Gainey

Jack Adams (coach) --> Scott Bowman

I know traditionalists will hate this idea. I also understand that these are named after some of the "builders" of the game. But I like the idea of renaming some, like the Norris for Orr. Gretzky on the MVP makes sense. Calder should go to Selanne instead, but it's too early for that.

I'm all for changing the Byng to the Belivue.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.