Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

I am embarrassed to admit this is the first I've noticed that Luongo is back in Florida. Sure he didn't plan that one.

His family is here, he owns a couple of restaurants here. He was lobbying to get traded to FL for a while.

Maybe he thinks he can't get trashed for being a choker in the playoffs if he plays for a team that rarely makes the playoffs. :D

His family is here, he owns a couple of restaurants here. He was lobbying to get traded to FL for a while.

Maybe he thinks he can't get trashed for being a choker in the playoffs if he plays for a team that rarely makes the playoffs. :D

lol I figured he was thrilled to leave after routinely facing 40-50 shots/game on a bottom-feeder for years, but perhaps he's decided the grass wasn't as green on the other side as he once thought. I wasn't aware of the family and business ties to the area, though.

Nick Foligno stretchered off after hit with official.

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/614427

lol I figured he was thrilled to leave after routinely facing 40-50 shots/game on a bottom-feeder for years, but perhaps he's decided the grass wasn't as green on the other side as he once thought. I wasn't aware of the family and business ties to the area, though.

I think he finally realized he isn't getting any younger and if he got traded elsewhere he might get bounced around for a couple of years for deadline deals. At least down here he might still get some decent playing time for a while. Seems like the Panthers and Canucks have been buddy-buddy in making deals with each other over the last several years.

Nick Foligno stretchered off after hit with official.

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/614427

I think he finally realized he isn't getting any younger and if he got traded elsewhere he might get bounced around for a couple of years for deadline deals. At least down here he might still get some decent playing time for a while. Seems like the Panthers and Canucks have been buddy-buddy in making deals with each other over the last several years.

Yikes on Foligno... crazy how that happened and hope he's okay.

Remember when the Sabres were good enough that other teams wanted to hate us? Now we are like the leagues cute little brother, fun to pick on but no one really takes us seriously.

I'm not sure there was ever a time when the Sabres were taken that seriously.

That brawl happened because of the talent the Sabres had and because they were a force in the East.

I beg your pardon? That brawl happened because Chris Neil did about the most disrespectful thing a player could do.

That team was run into the ground physically by every team they played in the playoffs and often dismissed as a product of short lived rules changes.

Edited by weave

I beg your pardon? That brawl happened because Chris Neil did about the most disrespectful thing a player could do.

That team was run into the ground physically by every team they played in the playoffs and often dismissed as a product of short lived rules changes.

i disagree

So this means that our rookie #2 overall pick should be on the 4th line playing 6 minutes. Ok, makes sense.

I'm aware he's on the same line as Stamkos. I'm aware he was sent back to Juniors. I'm aware that the Sabres don't have any great players. I'm also aware that Rinehart has 75 more games in Juniors than does Drouin. So now explain to me again where any of this means he should get less ice time than any of the players on the Sabres? Or why he should be on a line with 2 guys who are skating punching bags.

I don't think he should even be on the team. He and Zadorov should be back in the OHL getting maximum minutes. Neither are ready for the NHL.

i disagree

Sorry but the Sabres have been league wide pusses for most of my adult life. They haven't had a player the opposition feared since Brad May. Please save the John Scott stuff, he was a side show not a player. Rob Ray was the ultimate soldier but no one feared him, he was a punching bag.

Yeah skating half the rink and blowing up a teams captain with a forearm shiver says I ain't scared of anyone you play with about as loud as a player can say it.

Sorry but the Sabres have been league wide pusses for most of my adult life. They haven't had a player the opposition feared since Brad May. Please save the John Scott stuff, he was a side show not a player. Rob Ray was the ultimate soldier but no one feared him, he was a punching bag.

Yeah skating half the rink and blowing up a teams captain with a forearm shiver says I ain't scared of anyone you play with about as loud as a player can say it.

Gawd I miss Brad May in his prime. Dude was entertainment gold.

Remember when the Sabres were good enough that other teams wanted to hate us? Now we are like the leagues cute little brother, fun to pick on but no one really takes us seriously.

That brawl happened because of the talent the Sabres had and because they were a force in the East.

Look I am quoting myself! Original point was not the Sabres are tough and everyone feared us. It was remember when we were a talented team that other teams wanted to get a piece just like Anaheim and SJ going at it. Our lack of talent means many of our rivalries are meh because no one gets riled up by winning constantly against an inferior opponent.

i disagree

You would be wrong.

Look I am quoting myself! Original point was not the Sabres are tough and everyone feared us. It was remember when we were a talented team that other teams wanted to get a piece just like Anaheim and SJ going at it. Our lack of talent means many of our rivalries are meh because no one gets riled up by winning constantly against an inferior opponent.

No one ever wanted a piece of us because we were good. They wanted a piece of us because they knew it was the way to beat us.

You would be wrong.

No one ever wanted a piece of us because we were good. They wanted a piece of us because they knew it was the way to beat us.

YES!

*golf clap*

Our lack of talent means many of our rivalries are meh because no one gets riled up by winning constantly against an inferior opponent.

I do agree with this though.

the worst thing that ever happened to the Boston-Buffalo rivalry was Boston becoming mediocre for a good period of time. Other than *very* briefly after Lucic-Miller that rivalry never resumed its prior intensity.

Teams didn't hate us because we were good. We weren't good nearly long enough to inspire that kind of emotion. The only two teams that really got emotions up during that span was Ottawa and Carolina. Ottawa hated us because one precious time we got in their way. And they fixed that. Carolina hated us because our fans ate babies.

No love for Michael Peca?

Teams didn't hate us because we were good. We weren't good nearly long enough to inspire that kind of emotion. The only two teams that really got emotions up during that span was Ottawa and Carolina. Ottawa hated us because one precious time we got in their way. And they fixed that. Carolina hated us because our fans ate babies.

Rangers hated us pretty well during that time, too. And definitely the Flyers.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.