Free Agent Frenzy 2014

Hoss

I'm surprised there has been no mention of Connolly across the league. I thought for sure he would try and make a "comeback" this year. Even as a Plan B, go over to Europe for a couple of years, pad the bank account, and play in a league that might be better suited for his style of play.

There was some mention that he was suffering medical issues related to all the concussions he had and was basically done with hockey. Supposedly he is living quietly in Syracuse somewhere.

There was some mention that he was suffering medical issues related to all the concussions he had and was basically done with hockey. Supposedly he is living quietly in Syracuse somewhere.

I am not surprised, and am a little sorry, to hear that. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

Phone connects

Agent: Hi this is Sami Sometimonen, Ville's Leino's agent. Any interest?

Any GM: Why sure, we are a little strapped at the moment, but give me your number, and we'll give you a call should the team bus tip over.

Agent: Thanks

Phone disconnects

Agent to Ville: It could have been worse, they expressed circumstances where they could envision you joining the team. And I haven't even phoned Arizona yet.

:clapping:

In a thread talking about NHL free agency? Yeah, creepy.

I'll be sure to remember that next time an off-topic conversation about normal human physiology and emotion happens to pop up. I know, we should be above that, right?

Greg Wyshynski@wyshynski 1m

Ville Leino’s agent tells me he’s having “good talks” with multiple teams for the UFA.

:blink:

Good talks as in the use of proper grammar and pronunciation I bet.

Phone connects

Agent: Hi this is Sami Sometimonen, Ville's Leino's agent. Any interest?

Any GM: Why sure, we are a little strapped at the moment, but give me your number, and we'll give you a call should the team bus tip over.

Agent: Thanks

Phone disconnects

Agent to Ville: It could have been worse, they expressed circumstances where they could envision you joining the team. And I haven't even phoned Arizona yet.

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: Great job

Tell him to come work at the Harbor Center or something, he may have been made of glass but he was damn good when he held up

I could see Philadelphia signing him (Leino) for the veteran limit for a season to rehab his value. That's the only team that would make sense to me since Leino would have some comfort having played with Giroux previously.

Edited by TheCerebral1

I could see Philadelphia signing him (Leino) for the veteran limit for a season to rehab his value. That's the only team that would make sense to me since Leino would have some comfort having played with Giroux previously.

They're over the cap right now so they have to move Vinny Lecavalier (or someone else) first. But, there might be some mutual interest with Philly if the salary demands are low enough.

He'll be back with Jokerit soon enough.

Yeah, I get those medical issues most Sunday mornings too.

I'm sorry for Timmy, but him slamming back drinks while recovering from numerous concussions, probably didn't help either.

That said, chronic post-concussion symptoms these days are getting way too common.

Yeah, I get those medical issues most Sunday mornings too.

I'm sorry for Timmy, but him slamming back drinks while recovering from numerous concussions, probably didn't help either.

That said, chronic post-concussion symptoms these days are getting way too common.

I thought he wasn't coming out of hiding until Ville Leino becomes the default avatar.

Interesting. I googled http://www.syracuse.com/crunch/index.ssf/2013/12/tim_connolly.html

Makes sense. I saw him play for Marlies a couple times vs Amerks. "disinterested" is right.

Can't do the multi-quote on my phone, but lemme say a couple things.

Otto's going to land somewhere. He appears to be in no real rush. And it does seem as though Buffalo could be in the mix. Whatever. Good for him.

Ott's wife is quite fit. I don't imagine she's Ink's type. IIRC, Ink prefers ladies with some curve and payload--not the 5'0" spinners.

The fact that I recall Ink's type disturbs and delights me.

There's nothing creepy about parading out public image pictures of a pro athlete's wife.

There is something creepy about using state of the art spy gear to snap close-ups of the wife of a billionaire pro sports team owner from a distance of 1/3 of a mile.

Mrs. Ott is cute. She's no Kim Pegula. And I have close-ups of Mrs. Pegula to prove it.

My favorite new expression comes from my 17-year-old nephew: that was curiously specific.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.