Free Agent Frenzy 2014

Hoss

There's no indication that O'Reilly's relationship with Colorado is damaged. It's an assumption, but there's no evidence.

The issue is moolah, term, and lucre.

Plenty of evidence that these things are straining the "relationship"

Edited by X. Benedict

When we're tanking, offer sheeting is no way to go through life. I wouldn't want to move a 31-35 pick for a player that signs for $1.6M-$3.3M, let alone what could be multiple top five picks.

Agree 100%. Now if this was July 4, 2015 and Eichel or McDavid has already had his introductory press conference at the FNC, then I would consider an offer sheet to a player TM feels can put them over the top.

That's great and all, but signing him means goodbye 1st round pick next year. No one in their right mind is going to give up that pick... Unless his name is Garth Snow

good thing is, we already have his pick LOL

O'Reilly >>>>>>> Myers so this doesn't make sense. Not every trade has to return a 2015 first haha.

unless oreilly wont sign with them

He sat out once.

Where is he now? Still in Colorado. He gained some leverage with Stastny gone, but he's still under Colorado control. I think they'll be giving him a good deal within the next year or so anyways.

Moulson said that he talked to Toronto but couldn't get a deal done there, Legwand talked to the Leafs and chose Ottawa, Gorges could've gone to Toronto but chose us and Steve Downie had a bigger offer from Toronto but chose Pittsburgh... Nobody wants to be a Leaf.

Where is he now? Still in Colorado. He gained some leverage with Stastny gone, but he's still under Colorado control. I think they'll be giving him a good deal within the next year or so anyways.

You seem impervious to any nuance. Colorodo has had prickly negotiations with him up to now. You need more evidence? Geesh.

You seem impervious to any nuance. Colorodo has had prickly negotiations with him up to now. You need more evidence? Geesh.

Or I just don't assume that Colorado is going to jump at a player who had one of the best seasons in the entire league last year. They're just protecting themselves with these moves. I wouldn't be shocked to see a long-term deal somewhat soon. If they trade him they aren't going to do it without receiving another elite young center (I assume he'll slip back to center without Stastny in town).

I don't know Drouin's story other than he was a bit of a late bloomer (as far as top picks go) who emerged in his draft year.

But Reinhart started junior younger than most.

Put up .92 PPG at 16, 1.18 at 17 and 1.75 this year.

His ability to produce offensively hasn't got enough respect in my opinion, but what has been really overlooked is his excellent growth.

There is this impression he kinda plateaued this year, but that's not the case at all.

From the Junior point of view, Drouin and Reinhart are the same age since they are born the same year. The NHL has the cutoff not at New Years, but in the middle of September. Reinhart and MacKinnon are almost the same age, Drouin about six months older.

Drouin started his first year in a lower league. I'm unsure why, since, if you look at eliteprospects.com, Drouin was scoring like a big dog in 10-11, yet he starts 11-12 in the lower league. Reinhart actually got games in in 10-11, I think partially because Halifax was a stronger team than Kootenay, and partially because as the son of an NHL player, doors were opened earlier.

Additionally, Drouin has played shorter seasons, I'm guessing injuries

Josh Rimer@JoshRimerHockey 1 hr

UFA Derek Roy is close to signing. It's down to two teams. One in the east and one in west.

Its safe to say BUF is not the team

He's really turning into a carpetbagger.

Eric Schmitz@3rdManIn 3 mins

BREAKING: #Sabres have re-signed G Matt Hackett to a 1 yr/$750,750 deal according to @capgeek http://capgeek.com/player/1630

Hackett re-signed

Interesting. Presumably TM decided to give him this year to prove himself.

The Hockey News@TheHockeyNews 3m

According to @THNKenCampbell, M. Zuccarello, D. Brassard and C. Kreider of NYR and N. Spaling of Penguins have filed for salary arbitration.

Also interesting. All 3 of those Rangers are important players for them.

I can't believe I missed so much over the last two weeks, I was in very remote parts and only had wifi for short bursts, I have to say I'm Surprised about everything that went down, was not expecting to see the sabres dismantle the Habs, I was expecting Moulson and/or Ott to come back. I don't think we're gonna be as bad as some people think this season, I don't think playoffs, but I think the team we may assemble could drop our draft stock significantly

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.