Free Agent Frenzy 2014

Hoss

Free agency start date: July 1, 2014 (teams can start conversations on June 25th)

Sortable Free Agent Tracker: http://www.tsn.ca/nh...ature/?id=25880

Big names out there (I will try to provide links for info):

Matt Niskanen, D (PIT) -- Interested teams: MIN NYI

Brian Boyle, C (NYR) -- Interested teams: WPG

Brad Richards, C (NYR) -- Interested teams: NYI

Steve Ott, C (STL) -- Interested teams: BUF

Lee Stempniak, RW (PIT)

Radim Vrbata, RW (ARI)

Martin Brodeur, G (NJ) -- Interested teams: PIT CHI BOS TOR

Mikhail Grabovski, C (WAS)

Olli Jokinen, C (WPG) -- Interested teams: WPG

David Legwand, C (DET)

Dustin Penner, LW (WAS)

Re-signings:

Andrei Markov, D (MON) Re-signed for 3 years, $17.25M

Ryan Callahan, RW (TB) Re-signed for 6 years, $34.8M

Marian Gaborik, RW (LA) Re-signed for 7 years, $35M

Milan Michalek, LW (OTT) Re-signed for 3 years, $12M

Signings:

Manny Malhotra, C (MON) Signed one year, $850K

Christian Ehrhoff, D (PIT) Signed one year, $4M

Mark Fayne, D (EDM) Signed four years, $14.5M

Benoit Pouliot, LW (EDM) Signed five years, $20M

Paul Stastny, C (STL) Signed four years, $28M

Mike Cammalleri, C (NJ) Signed five years, $25M

Tom Gilbert, D (MON) Signed two years, $2.8M

Mason Raymond, W (CAL) Signed three years, $9.5M

Dan Boyle, D (NYR) Signed two years, $9M

Dave Bolland, C (FLA) Signed five years, $27.5M

Clayton Stoner, D (ANA) Signed four years, $13M

Brooks Orpik, D (WAS) Signed five years, $27.5M

Ales Hemsky, RW (DAL) Signed four years, $12M

Ryan Miller, G (VAN) Signed three years, $18M

Brian Gionta, RW (BUF) Signed three years, $12.75M

Shawn Thornton, RW (FLA) Signed two years, $1.2M

Jonas Hiller, G (CGY) Signed two years, $9M

Thomas Vanek, LW (MIN) Signed three years, $19.5M

Jarome Iginla, RW (COL) Signed three years, $18M

Matt Moulson, LW (BUF) Signed five years, $25M

Anton Stralman, D (TB) Signed five years

Edited by Tankalicious

Martin Brodeur, G (NJ) -- looking for any role on a contender.

How about assistant skate sharpener? No doubt one of the best to ever sit between the pipes but he is quickly becoming the Ken Shamrock of hockey.

I wouldn't mind seeing Stastny as a Sabre

Edited by RambosKnife

Ehrhoff's rights, the Vanek deal, and now this. Garth has gotten really good at trading for something and then having to turn around nearly immediately and trade that for less. That's how to build a winner.

This is a man who once tried to trade his entire draft for Ryan Murray.

@Real_ESPNLeBrun: Isles GM Garth Snow says he's now shopping Dan Boyle's rights, having been unable to sign the pending UFA defenseman...

C'mon, tire fire! C'mon!

In all seriousness: if Boyle signs elsewhere, this will be yet another log on the Islanders-are-a-loser-franchise fire. Combine it with last-year-in-LI empty building, embittered fans and general malaise, and maybe, if the Sabres are lucky, Tavares not fully recovering right away, and it really could be a debacle of a season for the Islanders.

For someone who is a stickler about starting threads being discussed elsewhere and re-posting stuff...

This couldn't go in the Free Agency thread opened three weeks prior to this one? Lol. :nana:

http://forums.sabres...abres-strategy/

No, it couldn't. Someone requested a Free Agent Frenzy thread which is what we had last offseason, too, and that thread is about the Sabres strategy. Not the same topic.

No, it couldn't. Someone requested a Free Agent Frenzy thread which is what we had last offseason, too, and that thread is about the Sabres strategy. Not the same topic.

As the author of the other thread, I agree. In that one, I just wanted to know what people thought our team should do, not what everyone else's team is doing.

As the author of the other thread, I agree. In that one, I just wanted to know what people thought our team should do, not what everyone else's team is doing.

Fair enough, my bad, I actually JUST saw that conversation in the other thread...I was just busting balls anyways.

Question though...if the Sabres could get anyone who is realistically available, who would you want them to get? Do you offer-sheet a Linden Vey, Jeremy Morin, or somebody like that...it is what Murray always talks about, right? (Someone a few years into their development, that hasn't caught on with their NHL team?)

Edited by Bob Malooga

Question though...if the Sabres could get anyone who is realistically available, who would you want them to get? Do you offer-sheet a Linden Vey, Jeremy Morin, or somebody like that...it is what Murray always talks about, right? (Someone a few years into their development, that hasn't caught on with their NHL team?)

doesn't this sort of discussion belong in a different thread? :ph34r:

Do you offer-sheet a Linden Vey, Jeremy Morin, or somebody like that...it is what Murray always talks about, right?

I hope we NEVER offer sheet anyone. It's garbage and we of all people know it. The hockey gods will be coming around for us instead of against us very soon.

I hope we NEVER offer sheet anyone. It's garbage and we of all people know it. The hockey gods will be coming around for us instead of against us very soon.

I absolutely hate the unwritten rules about not offering RFAs. "Free agent" is in there for a reason. So is restricted. Don't low ball but pay what you value that player as. If their team won't ante up it's not your fault. There are compensation system, too.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.