2014 - 2015 Sabres Prospects

Johnny DangerFace

We all have agendas and narratives and filters. Yours is that Lindy Ruff should have been coach for life and that the City of Buffalo shall rise again. What's the problem?

Anyway, how can you take offense to the idea that this franchise has sold hope throughout its history? And never moreso than now. I know you don't like the tank. Do you like to argue just for the sake of arguing? I'm fine with that.

Curious. What team doesn't sell hope? It's either hope they will win it all this year or hope they will improve this year, but hope nonetheless right?

Are you saying that this team continually sells that the next year will be better than the current year?

I'm trying to figure out what is being sold.

I have no clue. Is having a rookie GM also part of the sure-fire recipe for a Cup?

Any "veteran" GM who we would have hired would likely been fired by another team. That, or dragged out of retirement. Great teams don't let go of great GMs. I guess Darcy would be considered a veteran GM now. Want more of that?

With so much legitimate ammo to pick and choose from to hate on the bills and sabres, it's odd to me how the few positives draw so much irrational hate.

But then I remember those opinions are of a few people on a forum haha. The hate for pegula or Murray is so weird

Correct. Targeting Tim Murray is the last thing I would do. In fact, I would target Pegula 99 days out of 100 before pointing the finger at GMTM.

Yea according to Kris Baker, Baptiste is slated to play on McDavid's wing once he returns. Baptiste adds size and speed to the RW of a Erie team that was already dangerously good. It would be fun to watch Baptiste play with McDavid for 40 games in juniors and then get a chance to watch them start the season in Buffalo on a line together.

"And of course, there's the whole Connor McDavid factor. Baptiste is slated to play the right wing on McDavid's line when the phenom makes his return from a hand injury." http://www.sabrespro...h.ejlcL8zN.dpuf

Edited by LGR4GM

Yea according to Kris Baker, Baptiste is slated to play on McDavid's wing once he returns. Baptiste adds size and speed to the RW of a Erie team that was already dangerously good. It would be fun to watch Baptiste play with McDavid for 40 games in juniors and then get a chance to watch them start the season in Buffalo on a line together.

"And of course, there's the whole Connor McDavid factor. Baptiste is slated to play the right wing on McDavid's line when the phenom makes his return from a hand injury." http://www.sabrespro...h.ejlcL8zN.dpuf

He'd look just as good on Eichel's wing, too.

GO SABRES!!!

Sabres signed Jean Dupuy to an entry level contract today

http://www.elitepros...p?player=101949

He has very limited offensive upside but is the definition of a grinder it seems. Block shots, fights, hustles, plays with heart.

I don't really understand. Can they possibly have room for. Another contract on the books? How many other non-drafted players have ever been signed at this point in their career?

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately some of our OHL prospects have been cooling off lately.

Baptiste with 2 goals and 1 assist in the 7 games he's played with Erie. I watched last nights game against the Gens and he looked ok but was unable to get on the score sheet. I imagine he will start ripping it up once McDavid gets back as he's projected to be on a line with him.

Bailey has 1 goal and is a -10 over his last seven games.

Small sample sizes and I'm sure they will bounce back as they are good players with Bailey having an excellent year before this rough patch.

Unfortunately some of our OHL prospects have been cooling off lately.

Baptiste with 2 goals and 1 assist in the 7 games he's played with Erie. I watched last nights game against the Gens and he looked ok but was unable to get on the score sheet. I imagine he will start ripping it up once McDavid gets back as he's projected to be on a line with him.

Bailey has 1 goal and is a -10 over his last seven games.

Small sample sizes and I'm sure they will bounce back as they are good players with Bailey having an excellent year before this rough patch.

Not sure if Bailey has much talent around him. He might be underperforming because of that

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.