2014 - 2015 Sabres Prospects

Johnny DangerFace

Rochester Americans, fourth worst record in the AHL. Not only are we blowing the tank, but the (fuel) tank looks empty too

Armia has missed a bunch of games and they have lost almost all of them. He's not my worry, it's the guys like Adam and Varone who should be carrying the O and they ain't doing crap.

Armia has missed a bunch of games and they have lost almost all of them. He's not my worry, it's the guys like Adam and Varone who should be carrying the O and they ain't doing crap.

I think it's something like they're 1-5 in the 6 games he has missed and have only scored 8 goals in that span.

I am shocked to hear Adam isn't being productive.

GO SABRES!!!

But he was the steal of the draft, blah blah, had a first round grade and we got him in the third blah blah...

Saying you really like a 3rd round pick is really just that. It is a fun thing about hockey.

In the end......the entire 2011 third round probably hasn't produced an entire seasons worth of NHL hockey (82 games) combined yet. So all really liking a player coming out of junior means is you think he's got a better than 10% chance of making the NHL.

Saying you really like a 3rd round pick is really just that. It is a fun thing about hockey.

In the end......the entire 2011 third round probably hasn't produced an entire seasons worth of NHL hockey (82 games) combined yet. So all really liking a player coming out of junior means is you think he's got a better than 10% chance of making the NHL.

They have, actually, but just barely (91 games). Interestingly, the 4th, 5th, and 7th rounds from 2011 all have more than 100 games played.

They have, actually, but just barely (91 games). Interestingly, the 4th, 5th, and 7th rounds from 2011 all have more than 100 games played.

Interesting. Thanks. There probably is a cut-off mathematically (around pick 100 maybe) where it is better to have more crappy round picks than higher picks because of the probabilities.

Edited by X. Benedict

Most of our top prospects are in the NHL, CHL, and NCAA. The Amerks really only have four guys I ever expect on an NHL roster.

Larsson, Pysyk, McCabe, Armia, Grigorenko, Carrier for me.

But guys like Adam, Varone, Bagnall, Petrecki and Dalpe are all good AHL players.

The team should be better.

There is definitely something wrong down there and it needs to be addressed.

Edited by dudacek

Larsson, Pysyk, McCabe, Armia, Grigorenko, Carrier for me.

But guys like Adam, Varone, Bagnall, Petrecki and Dalpe are all good AHL players.

The team should be better.

There is definitely something wrong down there and it needs to be addressed.

I admit I forgot about Larsson and Carrier, they'd make my list too. How many of those guys become regulars I don't know, but I think all 6 have a legit chance.

As to your second point, I absolutely agree that something is wrong. I just don't think it points to the quality of the organization's prospect pool, as Freeman was asserting :)

I admit I forgot about Larsson and Carrier, they'd make my list too. How many of those guys become regulars I don't know, but I think all 6 have a legit chance.

As to your second point, I absolutely agree that something is wrong. I just don't think it points to the quality of the organization's prospect pool, as Freeman was asserting :)

If your AHL team has 2 defensemen that many thought were NHL-ready, plus 4 allegedly top forward prospects, plus 2 goalies that are supposed to be pretty good, they shouldn't lose 14 out of 17 -- unless those prospects ain't all that.

If your AHL team has 2 defensemen that many thought were NHL-ready, plus 4 allegedly top forward prospects, plus 2 goalies that are supposed to be pretty good, they shouldn't lose 14 out of 17 -- unless those prospects ain't all that.

Even if I were to agree with this analysis (which I don't with basically any of that statement), you're still ignoring Reinhart, Baptiste, Fasching, Compher, Karabacek, Lemieux and Bailey who are all quality prospects playing elsewhere.

This is the one flaw in your argument. Some on here think they are pretty good, but I don't think that's a sentiment shared around the league.

And they certainly haven't played well this year.

But I'm with D4rk. Murray deliberately put together a team that was supposed to succeed in the AHL this year.

It's where he came from and what he believes in.

He's not going to let this continue.

But I'm with D4rk. Murray deliberately put together a team that was supposed to succeed in the AHL this year.

It's where he came from and what he believes in.

He's not going to let this continue.

But how many of these guys who would help an AHL team thrive and probably should be playing there are actually up with the Sabres right now? No matter how strong some of the young guys might be, weak depth at the NHL level trickles down to the AHL squad.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.