2014 - 2015 Sabres Prospects

Johnny DangerFace

If your AHL team has 2 defensemen that many thought were NHL-ready, plus 4 allegedly top forward prospects, plus 2 goalies that are supposed to be pretty good, they shouldn't lose 14 out of 17 -- unless those prospects ain't all that.

I'd say there is a Problem here. The core down there is part of the future in Buffalo and they are not getting it done. But maybe it's not those players fault, still, would like to see them carry the team

What is missing from his game that he can't make these teams? I honestly don't know enough about him but it is concerning - especially with the way some hype him up around here.

He didn't make Canada this year because politics and resume. Baptiste really broke out last year. It appears more of a pedigree thing with Team Canada. He had an assist in the exhibition game today and from all accounts was very solid. It shouldn't concern you at all. Tons of players never play for their WJC teams and are still very good.

What is missing from his game that he can't make these teams? I honestly don't know enough about him but it is concerning - especially with the way some hype him up around here.

I wouldn't be concerned if you don't know much about him. And team Canada is wayyyyy harder to make than team USA, Russia, or Finland like we're used to seeing.

I wouldn't be concerned if you don't know much about him. And team Canada is wayyyyy harder to make than team USA, Russia, or Finland like we're used to seeing.

Why does every post have to be met with a dick comment? I don't follow junior hockey like some others do. I was simply asking for some of their more qualified imput. I know he is one of our better prospects and many expect him to be a part of our future. Do I have to sit and watch YouTube videos in order to ask a simple question??

Why does every post have to be met with a dick comment? I don't follow junior hockey like some others do. I was simply asking for some of their more qualified imput. I know he is one of our better prospects and many expect him to be a part of our future. Do I have to sit and watch YouTube videos in order to ask a simple question??

No you don't. Basically politics played a role in him being cut and it's a hard team to make. He should still be considered one of our better wing prospects going forward. I hope this motivates him further. It gives him more time with Dylan Strome in Erie which could theoretically be good later on.

No you don't. Basically politics played a role in him being cut and it's a hard team to make. He should still be considered one of our better wing prospects going forward. I hope this motivates him further. It gives him more time with Dylan Strome in Erie which could theoretically be good later on.

Links?

There are a ton of dick comments around here, but I don't think that was one of them?

MAYBE IF YOU WATCHED YOUTUBE VIDEOS I WOULDN'T HAVE... yeah wait what?

Links?

I don't have any, so I suppose I can't substantiate my claim.

Here is the write up on cuts for those interested

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/juniors/canada-trims-world-junior-roster-to-25-players/

Baptiste, a 2013 pick of the Buffalo Sabres, will go back to playing for the McDavid-less Erie Otters of the OHL. Among those cut, he appeared to take it the best.

"It’s such a good competition here," said Baptiste, a native of Ottawa. "Just proud to be one of the top 30 in Canada, move forward, go back to Erie and hopefully go on a (Memorial) Cup run."

He was a third-round pick. If he turns out to even make the NHL, great.

It's the Liberal Party in Canada :)

American Dems would be members of the Conservative Party up there.

He was a third-round pick. If he turns out to even make the NHL, great.

I agree with the point, but this team shouldn't be thinking that way. Great teams get production out of players outside of the first round. He has played well above his third-round selection since the draft. The Sabres should have higher hopes of him than just making the team at some point.

Nick Baptiste cut from Team Canada roster.

He missed the first two months of the season with a shoulder injury and he's off to a slow (for him) start since coming back. His stats from last year (45 goals and 89 points in 65 OHL games) are very impressive. His speed and size suggest his game should translate to the next level.

MV5BMTYxMTAzMTk3OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNzcwNzU2._V1_SY317_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Baptiste has had a slow start to the season (17 pts in 19 games). He is not in mid season form due to his shoulder injury in September. He should fare better in the New Year when McDavid returns to Erie and they make a run for the Memorial Cup. He is a bit of a late bloomer and has not played for Hockey Canada at every level. He is still a good prospect and good be a 2nd or 3rd liner in Buffalo. As has been previously stated, that would be a steal for his draft position. He turned 19 in August so there s still lots of time.

He missed the first two months of the season with a shoulder injury and he's off to a slow (for him) start since coming back. His stats from last year (45 goals and 89 points in 65 OHL games) are very impressive. His speed and size suggest his game should translate to the next level.

Sooooo...... politics?

Baptiste has had a slow start to the season (17 pts in 19 games). He is not in mid season form due to his shoulder injury in September. He should fare better in the New Year when McDavid returns to Erie and they make a run for the Memorial Cup. He is a bit of a late bloomer and has not played for Hockey Canada at every level. He is still a good prospect and good be a 2nd or 3rd liner in Buffalo. As has been previously stated, that would be a steal for his draft position. He turned 19 in August so there s still lots of time.

######. You messed up so frickin' bad man... It's 16 points in 19 games... Not 17. Ugh. I can't live with myself.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.