2014 - 2015 Sabres Prospects

Johnny DangerFace

This is the one flaw in your argument. Some on here think they are pretty good, but I don't think that's a sentiment shared around the league.

And they certainly haven't played well this year.

But I'm with D4rk. Murray deliberately put together a team that was supposed to succeed in the AHL this year.

It's where he came from and what he believes in.

He's not going to let this continue.

This should be of concern to us.

Sam Reinhart brings skill, leadership to Canada WJC camp

"Reinhart does not believe the past has any significance for this year’s team.

"In the room, none," Reinhart said when asked if there's any discussion of the past in the dressing room. "Every year is a clean slate for everybody. Obviously there is disappointment from last year. For the guys that were over there that is extra motivation and we’re certainly carrying that over."

If the sabres finish in the bottom five this year, then I hope someones opinion is geez, ennis, girgensons, ristolainen, myers, zadorov, and deslauriers must really suck too.

Okay here is the americans roster, and while my rankings/opinions are just that (opinions and meaningless), i highlighted nhl potential prospects at this point (anyone who isn't a 1-star prospect in the original post).

By my count, there are 9 prospects that could find their way onto an nhl roster. Even if that would be a depth player like ruhwedel or schaller. We have a goalie in his first AHL season who is playing very well. All 5 of the forwards are having decent enough seasons, and this includes a 19 and 20 year old. We have three defensemen, none of them are playing that good, even though ruhwedel is still putting up points. But guess, what it is a team sport, our other goalie sucks, and the majority of players aren't prospects.

Goalies

Makarov - having a very good year (21, first full year in the AHL)

Lieuwen

Defense

Petrecki

Pysyk - he is playing average to below average which isn't great to see (22, third year in AHL)

McCabe - he is playing average to below average (21, first year in AHL)

Bagnell

Ruhwedel - Having another solid season putting up .5 points a game(24, second year in AHL)

Leduc

Austin

Mackenzie

Forwards

Schaller - Having a good year (24, second year in AHL)

Jordan Samuels Thomas

Adam

Dalpe

Varone

McPherson

Grigorenko - having a good year, still needs more consistency though (20, first year in AHL)

Larsson - a ppg player (22, third year in AHL)

Carrier - having a pretty decent year. While not putting up a lot of points, has played a pretty decent two-way game and has shown some chemistry with others (19, first year in ahl)

Armia - playing great so far in all aspects of his game (21, second year in AHL)

Ellis

Catenacci

Irwin

Sundher

I don't buy into your Makarov love poster-formerly-known-as-Numark, but the rest of that is pretty spot-on and good bit of perspective.

Pysyk is the only one I'm really worried about. I think he is probably either pouting or lost his confidence.

That said, the kids can't be unaffected by the current environment down there and, with player development being a stated Murray priority, it is cause for concern.

We can all pick a goalie prospect to love unconditionally!!!

Pysyk is not having the season you want at all. McCabe too, but this is his first year in the ahl at least

And I agree. The team needs help bad. Id rather players like sundher, leduc, and Austin go for vets. They are as low level prospects as you get, and they suck in the league

Edited by Johnny DangerFace

If your AHL team has 2 defensemen that many thought were NHL-ready, plus 4 allegedly top forward prospects, plus 2 goalies that are supposed to be pretty good, they shouldn't lose 14 out of 17 -- unless those prospects ain't all that.

The goaltending has been particularly brutal, and there have been some injuries as of late. But mostly the goaltending has been brutal. They're averaging 2.6 gpg over the last 14 and only have 3 wins to show for it. The forwards are doing well, the defense and goalies are struggling. And lately they have been getting absolutely no help from the AHL Vets.

Sam Reinhart brings skill, leadership to Canada WJC camp

"Reinhart does not believe the past has any significance for this year’s team.

"In the room, none," Reinhart said when asked if there's any discussion of the past in the dressing room. "Every year is a clean slate for everybody. Obviously there is disappointment from last year. For the guys that were over there that is extra motivation and we’re certainly carrying that over."

Not sure how his NHL future will go, but he could have a career as a diplomat if he wants one.

One last point. Grigs, Larsson and pysyk are NHLers next year as they would have to clear waivers. Also Armia is nhl ready by the end of this year. Schaller is close too.

Rochester may be worse

Griggy needs to clear waivers next year? That's not good.

Thanks again, Darcy.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.