2014 - 2015 Sabres Prospects

Johnny DangerFace

I wonder what it's like to play against a fellow organizational prospect. Do you hate him more because he's your competition to make it to the show? Is there brotherhood because you might be teammates someday? Most likely just another guy to play against.

There might already be some brotherhood since they were in training camp together and played together on our Traverse City team last year. They would have again a few months back but I think Baptiste's shoulder was already hurt then.

Plus they're both signed and have probably done the math about joining Rochester together next year (and possibly late this year if their teams miss the OHL playoffs).

I would have to argue with you that JT Compher is a more important prospect. There have been Chris Drury comparisons made to Compher. Suffice to say I think we're arguing semantics, the real point is our stable of prospects is well stocked and we just need some of them to reach their potential and be impact players down the road.

Nothing earth shattering here, but nice to see us as #1 again in something besides the draft lotto order.

http://www.hockeysfu...-prospect-pool/

Only thing they've changed about their report is they recognize our depth on the wings now, and think or d-man depth is lacking. They failed to mention Pysyk though.

Still, it's always fun to read about how stacked we are.

Sincere question:

2015 first/Reinhart/Fasching

Carrier/Grigorenko/Armia

Baptiste/Compher/Bailey

Deslauriers/Larsson/Lemieux

Is there an NHL organization in the league with a better prospect depth chart?

the easy answer is no and its really not that close. you added one 2015 1st rounder but there are 3 of those in total and this is an extremely deep crop of prospects - picks 20-30 in 2015 may have been top 15 and maybe even top 10 in 2014.

Top tier talent wise, there other teams that are on our level and close to us. But just because of high number of draft picks our depth goes really far. A lot of high potential boom or bust players too.

Folks forget that. These are prospects. they may look great in juniors and flop up here. The depth looks nice on paper though.

Ignoring the cost of obtaining it, you'd rather have it than not, no?

Of course. But after the "success" of Housley, Cyr, Andrechuck, Barasso, LaCombe, Creighton, Tucker, and the continued "just wait til next year" of the Rigas-Golisano years I'm not inclined to excitement over a bunch of kids that haven't played yet.

besides lucking into some homerun draft picks or losing at the right time type high draft picks, a sure fire way to increase your hits in the draft is to make more picks. The sabres have done that the past few seasons. Now we need to hope we got the right minds working to develop them.

I have a question...

Last night the Sharks had two recent first rounders playing for them that were not very high picks. Seems to me first round picks in general in the NHL are getting more reliable as NHL players. Am I mistaken in this?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.