2014 - 2015 Sabres Prospects

Johnny DangerFace

I wasn't thrilled with Connor Hurley in 2013 when Santini and Bowey were around. (Or Bailey, but we ended up getting him anyway.) Hopefully it turns out I was wrong about that.

I wanted Dougherty instead of Karabecek but he hasn't been too special so far this year. Hopefully passing on Barbashev at 31 doesn't burn us either.

I still like Barbashev over Lemiuex

Nick Baptiste - 5g, 4a in 8games

Justin Bailey - 13g, 13a in 17games

Imagine them 2 years from now on Zemgus' wing.

If they get two or three of the 2nd or 3rd rounders to hit big, the rebuild will accelerate exponentially. Throw in the possibility of Grigs and Armia being useful assets and this may all be worth it with or without McDavid

Yeah, I'm real curious about USA's plans for Bailey.

Production-wise he seems an obvious choice, but they will be working off a ghost roster that he's not on.

Who is he going to knock off a top six role? And if he can't do that, can he play a bottom six role?

I'm thinking of the thought process that kept Bobby Ryan off the Olympic team.

If they get two or three of the 2nd or 3rd rounders to hit big, the rebuild will accelerate exponentially. Throw in the possibility of Grigs and Armia being useful assets and this may all be worth it with or without McDavid

Absolutely. And off the cuff, I'd say we're due for a real hit in the 2nd round. Last one was who, Roy? It's been awhile.

Yeah, I'm real curious about USA's plans for Bailey.

Production-wise he seems an obvious choice, but they will be working off a ghost roster that he's not on.

Who is he going to knock off a top six role? And if he can't do that, can he play a bottom six role?

I'm thinking of the thought process that kept Bobby Ryan off the Olympic team.

The construction of that team still pisses me off. Larger ice, and they go with a handful of players who can't skate and can't score, all on the name of grit. Just awful.

Absolutely. And off the cuff, I'd say we're due for a real hit in the 2nd round. Last one was who, Roy? It's been awhile.

The construction of that team still pisses me off. Larger ice, and they go with a handful of players who can't skate and can't score, all on the name of grit. Just awful.

It's the Jimmy Johnson plan toward draft success. Accumulate as many picks as you can and you are bound to find a diamond in the rough especially if you use the picks to allow you to go for the home run rather then the safe pick.

The thing playing heavily in Bailey's favor is having been raised around a work ethic that leads to winning. There's no doubt he learned valuable lessons from accomplished professional athletes while he was growing up. I think that plays to his advantage for succeeding.

Oh well, all we can do is wait and hope.

The latest from Kris Baker. Sam's not exactly pouting down there:

http://www.sabrespro...mieux-tips.html

WHL Sam Reinhart posted a goal off a partial breakaway and added two assists as Kootenay skated to a 4-2 triumph at Lethbridge. As expected, Reinhart has been a step ahead of the opposition en route to collecting 10 points (3+7) in his first four games. The ICE, who are a perfect 4-0 since their captain was returned from Buffalo, will look to keep the good times rolling on Wednesday when they battle Medicine Hat.

I think the team was dead last when he went down.

Edited by dudacek

The thing playing heavily in Bailey's favor is having been raised around a work ethic that leads to winning. There's no doubt he learned valuable lessons from accomplished professional athletes while he was growing up. I think that plays to his advantage for succeeding.

Oh well, all we can do is wait and hope.

Baptiste scored tonight, and Bailey got an assist.

Bailey scored in the shootout and Baptiste did not, but Sudbury got the win after six rounds.

Baptiste scored tonight, and Bailey got an assist.

Bailey scored in the shootout and Baptiste did not, but Sudbury got the win after six rounds.

I wonder what it's like to play against a fellow organizational prospect. Do you hate him more because he's your competition to make it to the show? Is there brotherhood because you might be teammates someday? Most likely just another guy to play against.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.