2014 - 2015 Sabres Prospects

Johnny DangerFace

Good job Numark. I think it's posts like that pointing out the future really is coming that keeps some of us sane through a year like this.

Agreed. The pipeline is all we got. Things will get better so we got to keep this rebuild in perspective. The team isn't supposed to be world beaters yet.

Thank you Numark, but I want to disagree with you about something. that post was well laid out and means a lot to not only lurkers, or people looking down the road, it also has a calming effect on those of us in the hear and now moment that are losing faith.

Excellent job.

Thank you Numark, but I want to disagree with you about something. that post was well laid out and means a lot to not only lurkers, or people looking down the road, it also has a calming effect on those of us in the hear and now moment that are losing faith.

Excellent job.

I think it was mainly for me to escape this season. I have no problem admitting I'm wrong (I'm wrong a lot!), but I never expected this season to be this bad. Last season I enjoyed watching the team even though there were terrible, as I it was the first year of this bad bad roster. I thought I could do it again this year, but I'm not even enjoying most of the games, Definitely hoping on this group of prospects

Brandon Leimeux gets a match penalty for biting an opponent during a fight.

http://www.sabrespro...k-fasching.html

Kris Baker updated the post with video too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA_YM0u-AJ4

Brendan Lemieux is not a heavyweight but he's a pretty good fighter. Lawson Crouse is a big guy and a projected 1st rounder next summer, and he handled him. I didn't love the pick when we made it but he's definitely winning me over early this year.

Sabres Prospects weekend review

"J.T. Compher (-2, 2 SOG) was unable to get on the score sheet as No. 14 Michigan was defeated by No. 11 Boston University 3-2. The sophomore winger has collected three assists through his first five games. Zach Werenski ('15) collected a goal and an assist for the Wolverines, while fellow 2015 draft horse Jack Eichel scored the game-tying goal in the third period to give him a team-best six points (3+3) in his first three NCAA contests. Michigan visits Michigan Tech next weekend. - See more at: http://www.sabrespro...h.AFIhYRrT.dpuf"

Embarrassing.

He's got the same lack of control ol pappy had. Can't keep a reign on his emotions. I agree, its embarrassing.

Biting is for soccer players and Penguins.

We don't know the details, maybe the other guy was eye gouging him or something, but if he just bite him, that's kind of strange. If he has mental problems that's not a good thing

I don't love the biting but the way he handled Crouse in the fight more than makes up for it. Also, if Crouse was jamming his hand in his face during the scrum, I really don't have a problem with it.

Plus, for better or worse, the Sabres could benefit from a little crazy. Pretty much since Black Sunday, the Sabres have been a team that didn't like losing, but really didn't HATE it either. So right about now I see the benefit in having a buy whose mentality is "I'm gonna beat your ass and if you're still messing with me on the ice I'm gonna f***ing bite you too." Would you ever want to play against that guy?

Sabres Prospects weekend review

"J.T. Compher (-2, 2 SOG) was unable to get on the score sheet as No. 14 Michigan was defeated by No. 11 Boston University 3-2. The sophomore winger has collected three assists through his first five games. Zach Werenski ('15) collected a goal and an assist for the Wolverines, while fellow 2015 draft horse Jack Eichel scored the game-tying goal in the third period to give him a team-best six points (3+3) in his first three NCAA contests. Michigan visits Michigan Tech next weekend. - See more at: http://www.sabrespro...h.AFIhYRrT.dpuf"

You didn't quote the exciting part of the article, my friend:

Freshman pivot Connor Hurley scored his first-ever NCAA goal Saturday and added a pair of assists, and fellow rookie Cal Petersen made 23 saves for his first collegiate shutout as Notre Dame earned the weekend sweep with a 7-0 victory over Niagara. Hurley has recorded points in three straight contests for a total of six (1+5) through five collegiate appearances. Petersen improves to 2-1 with a 1.34 GAA and .950 save% in his first semester of duty. Notre Dame remains at home next weekend to open the Hockey East schedule versus Vermont. - See more at: http://www.sabresprospects.com/2014/10/1025-recap-freshmen-star-for-irish.html#sthash.AFIhYRrT.WmNI3Irl.dpuf

Everything changes for this franchise if one of our 2nd round or later guys from the past few drafts turns into a stud.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.