Second Round Playoff Thread

Eleven

Yeah, Vancouver does not have a whole lot to work with right now. They had a window of opportunity and it has closed.

They do have Hunter Shinkaruk, Bo Horvat, Brendan Gaunce and will have probably get one of Leon Draisaitl, Michael dal Colle or William Nylander or one of the many other wingers (they need wingers) after this years draft. So well not as appealing as Pitts at least they have something in the pipeline.

They do have Hunter Shinkaruk, Bo Horvat, Brendan Gaunce and will have probably get one of Leon Draisaitl, Michael dal Colle or William Nylander or one of the many other wingers (they need wingers) after this years draft. So well not as appealing as Pitts at least they have something in the pipeline.

I don't think coaches are really focused too much on prospects when taking a job. It might spice it up a bit, but they're not going to hang their hat on players they've never seen play in the NHL.

All those stats on Lundqvist - save percentage in these playoffs, his __th game seven with 1 GA.

Man.

I recall a time when the Sabres faithful (including me) equated Miller with King Henrik.

I don't think even I did that!

It also comes with a much shorter leash though.

Perhaps. The Penguins have probably underachieved in the playoffs the last few years without the axe falling on Bylsma until now (likely).

Of course, winning the Cup bought him plenty of leeway.

OTOH, Vancouver clearly has less talent than Pittsburgh does but Torts got canned after 1 year.

Perhaps. The Penguins have probably underachieved in the playoffs the last few years without the axe falling on Bylsma until now (likely).

Of course, winning the Cup bought him plenty of leeway.

OTOH, Vancouver clearly has less talent than Pittsburgh does but Torts got canned after 1 year.

I think those two firings have/will establish where the two teams currently are. By firing Bylsma, they clearly send the message that they must win now or else. Vancouver on the other hand thought they still had something when they hired Torts. This past season showed them that they are officially in more of a rebuild period. They're going to be far more lenient as they go through some growing pains.

For tonight's game in Boston Montreal's Bell Center is sold out 21000 + , police are on alert given aftermath of game could be interesting.

Here's to hoping the rioters are happy. Those seem to be less destructive than ticked off rioters.

All those stats on Lundqvist - save percentage in these playoffs, his __th game seven with 1 GA.

Man.

I recall a time when the Sabres faithful (including me) equated Miller with King Henrik.

The Rangers faithful did that as well, in fact, I was told they would rather have Miller as recently as a week ago.

For tonight's game in Boston Montreal's Bell Center is sold out 21000 + , police are on alert given aftermath of game could be interesting.

Given Montreal's hockey love I'd be surprised if police weren't called in for the police rioting

So the Rangers were down 3-1 in the series, and Ken Campbell writes the article in Hockey News calling it for the Penguins:

"Season's Over for the Rangers, Now It's Time to Look Forward"

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/seasons-over-for-rangers-now-its-time-to-look-to-the-future/

the Penguins have basically punched their ticket to the Eastern Conference final. Any team that is down 3-1 to a group as talented and explosive as the Penguins is always in serious trouble. A team down 3-1 whose best player is Mats Zuccarello is basically finished.

We all know how that turned out.

So he learns his lesson and apologizes profusely for shitting all over the Rangers before the games are played. Except, wait a minute, he doesn't do that at all. Instead he goes ahead and thrashes them again and calls for the winner of Boston/Montreal to pound them, while getting butthurt about the criticism he attracted in the process:

"Rangers Deserve Credit But They'll Lose Eastern Conference Final"

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/rangers-deserve-credit-but-theyll-lose-eastern-conference-final/

It was obviously wrong to assume that the Rangers were, “basically finished,” after they fell into a 3-1 hole to the Penguins. Lesson learned.

Let’s also make it clear that I have no intention of apologizing for making a bold prediction and being wrong...

And when readers discover I’ve made a mistake or disagree with something I have to say, they have every right to call me out and make me accountable. But to form a social media lynch mob that has nothing better to do than personally attack someone with whom they don’t agree?

And just so you know, my prediction for the Eastern Conference final is that either Boston or Montreal, whichever team wins Game 7 tonight, will defeat the Rangers in six games in the Eastern Conference final.

If you follow them on twitter, the hockey writers say some of the stupidest ###### ALL the time. Especially that Matt Larkin guy.

"Bold Prediction".....that's funny.

I notice that a lot of the hockey guys jump on what seems to be the obvious bandwagon at the time....many times mid-game....only to look stupid. The ADHD in the world has gone mad. People look at things in terms of minutes and days....not months or years.....makes for some enticing opportunities.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.