Second Round Playoff Thread

Eleven

There is the obligatory douchebaggery from the Bruins at the end of the game. ######.

Even the most casual hockey observer could see through that BS. Boston should be embarrassed about that kind of stuff by now.

I'm so sick of Chara and Lucic going after the smallest and least physical guys on the team! That last minute brawl got me livid! How is Lucic punching Gionta in the face not instigating? Whatever happened to the 'sending a message' rule where an instigator in the last two minutes is an automatic one game suspension? Lucic should have gotten an instigator for that crap, according to the rules that was textbook instigating.

We should all remember the 'sending a message' rule from April 23, 2010. Chara was set to get automatically suspended for game 6, but of course the league stepped in and rescinded the call. My blood boils when I see how much those cheap shot artists get away with. Wednesday I'll be rooting for Montreal like I've been a lifeling fan!

Lucic and Gionta? Are you serious?

46.11 Instigator - An instigator of an altercation shall be a player who by his actions or demeanor demonstrates any/some of the following criteria: distance traveled; gloves off first; first punch thrown; menacing attitude or posture; verbal instigation or threats; conduct in retaliation to a prior game (or season) incident; obvious retribution for a previous incident in the game or season.

46.22 Fines and Suspensions – Instigator in Final Five Minutes of Regulation Time (or Anytime in Overtime) - A player who is deemed to be the instigator of an altercation in the final five (5) minutes of regulation time or at anytime in overtime (see 46.12) shall be suspended for one game, pending a review of the incident.

When the one-game suspension is imposed, the Coach shall be fined $10,000 – a fine that will double for each subsequent incident.

The suspension shall be served unless, upon review of the incident, the Director of Hockey Operations, at his discretion, deems the incident is not related to the score, previous incidents in the game or prior games, retaliatory in nature, “message sending”, etc. The length of suspension will double for each subsequent offense. This suspension shall be served in addition to any other automatic suspensions a player may incur for an accumulation of three or more instigator penalties.

No team appeals will be permitted either verbally or in writing regarding the assessment of this automatic suspension as all incidents are reviewed by the Director of Hockey Operations as outlined above.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

I'm so sick of Chara and Lucic going after the smallest and least physical guys on the team! That last minute brawl got me livid! How is Lucic punching Gionta in the face not instigating? Whatever happened to the 'sending a message' rule where an instigator in the last two minutes is an automatic one game suspension? Lucic should have gotten an instigator for that crap, according to the rules that was textbook instigating.

We should all remember the 'sending a message' rule from April 23, 2010. Chara was set to get automatically suspended for game 6, but of course the league stepped in and rescinded the call. My blood boils when I see how much those cheap shot artists get away with. Wednesday I'll be rooting for Montreal like I've been a lifeling fan!

46.11 Instigator - An instigator of an altercation shall be a player who by his actions or demeanor demonstrates any/some of the following criteria: distance traveled; gloves off first; first punch thrown; menacing attitude or posture; verbal instigation or threats; conduct in retaliation to a prior game (or season) incident; obvious retribution for a previous incident in the game or season.

46.22 Fines and Suspensions – Instigator in Final Five Minutes of Regulation Time (or Anytime in Overtime) - A player who is deemed to be the instigator of an altercation in the final five (5) minutes of regulation time or at anytime in overtime (see 46.12) shall be suspended for one game, pending a review of the incident.

When the one-game suspension is imposed, the Coach shall be fined $10,000 – a fine that will double for each subsequent incident.

The suspension shall be served unless, upon review of the incident, the Director of Hockey Operations, at his discretion, deems the incident is not related to the score, previous incidents in the game or prior games, retaliatory in nature, “message sending”, etc. The length of suspension will double for each subsequent offense. This suspension shall be served in addition to any other automatic suspensions a player may incur for an accumulation of three or more instigator penalties.

No team appeals will be permitted either verbally or in writing regarding the assessment of this automatic suspension as all incidents are reviewed by the Director of Hockey Operations as outlined above.

Good luck.

Doesn't apply to Boston.

Thanks for the video. Their broadcast didn't show the same angle. My bad, it was Weaver along the boards and not Gionta. Same size.

What was missed on that video (tough to see) is the crap Lucic pulls. Iginla takes Weaver to the boards and starts pushing him around and Lucic follows in and punches him in the head twice. 2 on 1. The stunt that Chara pulled punching Weaver in the head could have gotten him an instigator. The stunt that Iginla AND Lucic pulled could have gotten them both instigators. Alas NONE of them got anything.

Where I'm talking about is at 1:50, Iginla has Weaver up along the boards and Lucic is coming in. They go away right as it happened. You can see Lucic punching him at :38 but it's from far away. The NBC broadcast had it up close. Absolute crap.

I never thought the double standards in this league could get any worse, they're an embarrassment to professional sports.

Thanks for the video. Their broadcast didn't show the same angle. My bad, it was Weaver along the boards and not Gionta. Same size.

What was missed on that video (tough to see) is the crap Lucic pulls. Iginla takes Weaver to the boards and starts pushing him around and Lucic follows in and punches him in the head twice. 2 on 1. The stunt that Chara pulled punching Weaver in the head could have gotten him an instigator. The stunt that Iginla AND Lucic pulled could have gotten them both instigators. Alas NONE of them got anything.

Where I'm talking about is at 1:50, Iginla has Weaver up along the boards and Lucic is coming in. They go away right as it happened. You can see Lucic punching him at :38 but it's from far away. The NBC broadcast had it up close. Absolute crap.

I never thought the double standards in this league could get any worse, they're an embarrassment to professional sports.

You are right, JJ.

NBC had the better angles. Under the rules, at least 2 Bruins should be suspended. Chara, is more questionable. He was responding to get tripped, and (I couldn't see) Markov spearing him in the nuts.

You are right, JJ.

NBC had the better angles. Under the rules, at least 2 Bruins should be suspended. Chara, is more questionable. He was responding to get tripped, and (I couldn't see) Markov spearing him in the nuts.

He wasn't trying to spear him in the nuts, he was aiming for his chest, but Chara's so tall (same excuse they use, every time Chara hits someone in the head).

As soon as Sabres fans see this stuff as simply what it takes to win in the playoffs, that'll be when the Sabres are back to actually playing in the playoffs. All teams do this and the Bruins didn't do anything any other team doesn't do going into game 7. No fines or suspensions warranted. Watch the end of the Pens/Rags game, same thing.

…man, I can't wait to see the Sabres "gooning it up" at the end of a game 6…

As soon as Sabres fans see this stuff as simply what it takes to win in the playoffs, that'll be when the Sabres are back to actually playing in the playoffs. All teams do this and the Bruins didn't do anything any other team doesn't do going into game 7. No fines or suspensions warranted. Watch the end of the Pens/Rags game, same thing.

I'm not looking forward to guys trying to hurt Zadorov for crushing them. You know the first time he blows Marchand up that Looch will be coming for his balls.

I agree.

But I also believe if the Sabres did any of this, they'd be both penalized, suspended and fined.

I've seen teams get away with BS against the Sabres time and again in the playoffs, and as soon as we try to play that game, we're in the box.

So I doubt we'll be seeing the Sabres gooning it up anytime soon.

Edited by Kristian

I may or may not be ok with the Bruins doing it, but it's a joke the league only hands out 2 min minors for it. Three Bruins cold cocked Montreal players and all they get is two minor penalties? The Bruins have a license to do whatever they want. It's been that way since Colin Campbell's son has been on their roster. How the ###### does a leagues darling franchise get bullied in their own arena with such little repercussions?

Who needs Chara, Iginla and Lucic when you can have Myers, Lieno and Stafford for the same price??........

It's been so long since I've actually been emotionally invested in a playoff run that I forgot what it was like to want to decimate the other team. On one shift yesterday I think both teams checked guys' heads into the boards from behind a total of 4 times. I felt, "it". Not against any team, just empathy for their plight and instinctive response.

I'm not looking forward to guys trying to hurt Zadorov for crushing them. You know the first time he blows Marchand up that Looch will be coming for his balls.

You think the Sabres will make the playoffs while those 2 are still playing?

Cool.

I may or may not be ok with the Bruins doing it, but it's a joke the league only hands out 2 min minors for it. Three Bruins cold cocked Montreal players and all they get is two minor penalties? The Bruins have a license to do whatever they want. It's been that way since Colin Campbell's son has been on their roster. How the ###### does a leagues darling franchise get bullied in their own arena with such little repercussions?

If you don't like it, then don't watch playoff hockey. It has always been this way, even during the two years we were allowed to win a lot of games in the regular season. In fact, last night was tame in comparison. Go back and watch the Dallas/ NJ finals. Someone got crosschecked in the face and there were teeth on the ice at the end of a game. I didn't hear either fan base complain at the time. That just made them want their guys to smash the other guys harder the next game.

And they all still shook hands at the end of the series.

Boston v Montreal game was awesome. Especially the part where Boston lost.

This. Bruins can goon it up all they want...in the end, it's a loss and they showed their true colors at the end of the game. I doubt we see anything come out of this.

Game 7 should be a head-knocker. I hope I get the chance to watch some of it.

Boston v Montreal game was awesome. Especially the part where Boston lost.

Absolutely.

I cannot wait for game 7. I've given up my Habs hatred temporarily and have gone full french. I have barely watched the other games in round 2- this might as well be the finals to me. Dear god Montreal please beat Boston.

Really? I don't see Chicago pulling that kind of crap. Nor did LA the year they won. Obviously the emotions will be high, and there will be violence, but there's a difference between it being part of the game and it being a tactical choice "to set the tone".

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.