Second Round Playoff Thread

Eleven

I have to say I used to champion the virtues of Milan Lucic a la toughness,grit etc and how I'd love him on the Sabres but that classless punk can go pound sand. I was wrong. He's an embarrassment to the league with the way he continued to try and bully the Habs during the handshake. As others have said the handshake is a place where you man up, lick your wounds and acknowledge however difficult it is that the other team was better. And the same is true of the victor. They should be humble during the handshake and congratulate the losing team on a well fought series. What he did makes him a whiny Bitch that is clearly less of a man than everyone on the ice tonight. I'm not sure i've ever heard of someone doing what he did.

What an ending there, wow. Going to a game seven. Bad schedule by the league, though. We really have to wait two extra days for a game seven (the final game of the round) in a series between two teams that basically play in the same city?

The 2nd round started off with a thud and picked up quite nicely in general..... Even Minnesota last night shoulda forced a game 7, they played very well..... I could have predicted Montreal in this spot, but not the Rangers, and out west, other than the epic St Louis collapse, the best teams are left standing. Now I'm torn on who to root for

I want to echo the Subban praise.

His growth shows how kids can grow up and get better.

He's really become a man this year.

Lucic on the other hand...

I hope this is where the worm turns and the general hockey public stops deifying and instead recognizes him for the punk he is.

I have to say I used to champion the virtues of Milan Lucic a la toughness,grit etc and how I'd love him on the Sabres but that classless punk can go pound sand. I was wrong. He's an embarrassment to the league with the way he continued to try and bully the Habs during the handshake. As others have said the handshake is a place where you man up, lick your wounds and acknowledge however difficult it is that the other team was better. And the same is true of the victor. They should be humble during the handshake and congratulate the losing team on a well fought series. What he did makes him a whiny Bitch that is clearly less of a man than everyone on the ice tonight. I'm not sure i've ever heard of someone doing what he did.

Take one look at him, and tell me you're suprised?

The guy's a knuckle-dragging neanderthal, with an IQ of 55 at best.

That's why I hate that whole "You'd love him if he was on your team!" crap that sports fans say.

No. No I wouldn't.

I hate Tom Brady more than any athlete I've ever known, but I'd have his jersey if he played for the Bills.

Lucic is different though, the guy is a punk. I'm sure we would have had our share of excuses for him for a little while, but eventually the bias has to end and we would look at him for what he is.

I hate Tom Brady more than any athlete I've ever known, but I'd have his jersey if he played for the Bills.

Lucic is different though, the guy is a punk. I'm sure we would have had our share of excuses for him for a little while, but eventually the bias has to end and we would look at him for what he is.

Kind of like Kaleta. The excuses I mean. And the bias.

Edited by bunomatic

That's why I hate that whole "You'd love him if he was on your team!" crap that sports fans say.

No. No I wouldn't.

Milan Lucic, Brad Marchand and Zdeno Chara are the very rare types that I wouldn't want on my team. There's probably a list no longer than 10 highly-skilled players in all of sports that I wouldn't want on my team for that sport, and three of them are Bruins.

Edited by Tankalicious

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.