2014-2015 Roster

Stads

I don't agree with your point on on-court or off-court. The NBA is just a disaster in all aspects. I still watch, but the league is pretty pathetic right now. On the court the league/refs decide who the superstars are. They can maul other players with no consequence, but touch them and you're going to get called for it.

The NBA is about as far from being a disaster as the Bills and Sabrea are from the playoffs. Its revenues, popularity and franchise values are through the roof and dwarf those of the NHL.

Now, I think the average NHL regular season game is better than its NBA counterpart. But I unfortunately cannot say the same about the playoffs. And TBPhD is 100% correct that the NBA is much smarter than the NHL about keeping the shackles off of the offense.

The NBA is about as far from being a disaster as the Bills and Sabrea are from the playoffs. Its revenues, popularity and franchise values are through the roof and dwarf those of the NHL.

Now, I think the average NHL regular season game is better than its NBA counterpart. But I unfortunately cannot say the same about the playoffs. And TBPhD is 100% correct that the NBA is much smarter than the NHL about keeping the shackles off of the offense.

Well I'm taking popularity into account. You can't expect NHL franchises to be as highly sought as teams in a league that plays a far more simple, common and popular game...

I agree on the offense thing, too, but there are far more... questionable things going on. Questions about rigging are persistent and sometimes founded. The NHL needs to make a few minor tweaks that would really open up the offenses.

(I might be mainly turned off by the way the NBA does things because they have everything set up to allow domination by one or two franchises for way too long. Unfortunately basketball is too much of an individual game to stop those things from happening, though. One player changes everything)

Edited by Tankalicious

Anyone interested?

@TSNBobMcKenzie

Pending UFA Ryan Callahan is still talking to TB about a new deal but no one will be surprised if he goes to UFA on July 1. #TSN

I'd take him. We have a ton of money to spend and he is better than most of our current forwards. At worst he can be a good teacher for the young kids since he is a "never takes a shift off" type of player.

Another 3rd liner I'd be interested in is Lee Stempniak.

That said, I don't see any UFAs coming to Buffalo unless we show them some serious $$$.

Edited by Potato

Anyone interested?

@TSNBobMcKenzie

Pending UFA Ryan Callahan is still talking to TB about a new deal but no one will be surprised if he goes to UFA on July 1. #TSN

I'll pass on any of the high profile free agents this year. It's all about the final year of the tank and McDavid or Eichel. We don't need to screw with the rebuild until after next years draft. It's going to be a long year !

Is he drunk again?

Mike Schopp@Schopptalk 2m

If the Sabres offered Hodgson, Stewart and the Blues' No. 1 pick for Jason Spezza, who says no? Can Ottawa do better? @WGR550

This discussion topic is beyond annoying. Why not provide some actual relevant discussion? Oh wait, it's because you're Mike Schopp.

Everybody invoked (Ottawa, Spezza and Buffalo say no)

Haven't heard any whispers of this at all, but Tyler Ennis tops my list of Sabre most likely to be traded at the draft.

This is simply because he has value to other teams, but may not fit into the Sabres long-term plans.

He's a good fit for a decent team looking to add a bit of offensive pop and may be considered expendable if Murray decides to make a big move.

Haven't heard any whispers of this at all, but Tyler Ennis tops my list of Sabre most likely to be traded at the draft.

This is simply because he has value to other teams, but may not fit into the Sabres long-term plans.

He's a good fit for a decent team looking to add a bit of offensive pop and may be considered expendable if Murray decides to make a big move.

I get where you're going. For me, I want him around for when we have real centers. But I get where you're going.

Did I honestly read somebody saying the NBA playoffs are better than the Stanley Cup playoffs?

That is probably the most comical thing I have heard all year.

As for future "tough guys," I think we're forgetting Deslauriers, Fasching and Carrier...they are big and said to have mean streaks.

(And I do not want to trade Tyler Myers and Tyler Ennis...too much connection for me, as they both share the same first name as me...and they were the Sabres two 1st round draft picks the day after my Father passed away in June of 2008...I just can't do it, can't bring myself to being 'alright' with them being gone.)

Edited by Bob Malooga

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.