2014-2015 Roster

Stads

To be honest Bennet And Draisaitl just make more sense in taking over Reinhart given what we already got.

Lets just say Grigorenko in 2 years is a solid #2 center, Then Bennet will fit nicely on his wing, but if Grigorenko doesn't make it Bennet will be our #2 center.

Edited by Heimdall

No Drasital please, I don't want another Grigo.......

This is a very real possibility and I like Grigorenko. I don't want Draisaitl

4 years from now, Grigs and Draisaitl could both be first line centers.

4 years from now I can say that Reinhart and Bennett will be first line players. I am not sure I can say that about Draisaitl. Of course that is my own opinion on the subject.

To be honest Bennet And Draisaitl just make more sense in taking over Reinhart given what we already got.

Lets just say Grigorenko in 2 years is a solid #2 center, Then Bennet will fit nicely on his wing, but if Grigorenko doesn't make it Bennet will be our #2 center.

I like Bennett because of his tenacity and excellent shot. Reinhart though is nothing like anything we've got. I favor Bennett slightly as I have said many times, but if we drafted Sam Reinhart I would be very happy. Kempe - Reinhart - Baptiste would make for one hell of a line.

This is a very real possibility and I like Grigorenko. I don't want Draisaitl

I'm not really understanding the hate on Draisitl. I understand thinking there are better options at 2.

But I think there isn't a lot of separation with the top 5. I'd really be happy with any of them.

I'm not really understanding the hate on Draisitl. I understand thinking there are better options at 2.

But I think there isn't a lot of separation with the top 5. I'd really be happy with any of them.

It isn't hate per say. I personally think that there is a break after 3. So you have Reinhart, Ekblad, Bennett and then a break. I think Draisaitl and Dal Colle are a notch below those guys

It isn't hate per say. I personally think that there is a break after 3. So you have Reinhart, Ekblad, Bennett and then a break. I think Draisaitl and Dal Colle are a notch below those guys

In my limited looks at the kid, he can hold the puck for ages. I like the idea of a player that can keep the puck on his stick an extra 3 seconds. Those guys eat up shifts, and wear out defenses until plays open up. They don't come along everyday.

Right now I have a preference for one of the SAMs but that can change.

A lot of the so called hatred of him is based solely on his nationality. Sad but true.

In my limited looks at the kid, he can hold the puck for ages. I like the idea of a player that can keep the puck on his stick an extra 3 seconds. Those guys eat up shifts, and wear out defenses until plays open up. They don't come along everyday.

This is where I am. I didn't like the kids game at the WJC, but looking back I think he put too much pressure on himself to carry a bad German team in a tourney filled with kids two years older than him. He looks good in junior, just like X describes. A big, skilled puck possession centre is what this board has been wanting for ages. I think it's what Murray wants as well.

I love Sam Reinhart and what I've seen and heard of Sam Bennett I like a lot. They are one and two on my list.

But I think we are taking Draisaitl and I am OK with that. He's Kopitar, not Grigorenko.

Edited by dudacek

This is where I am. I didn't like the kids game at the WJC, but looking back I think he put too much pressure on himself to carry a bad German team in a tourney filled with kids two years older than him. He looks good in junior, just like X describes. A big, skilled puck possession centre is what this board has been wanting for ages. I think it's what Murray wants as well.

I love Sam Reinhart and what I've seen and heard of Sam Bennett I like a lot. They are one and two on my list.

But I think we are taking Draisaitl and I am OK with that. He's Kopitar, not Grigorenko.

I would say Draisaitl has a much better chance to reach Kopitar level than Grigorenko and that I would not be surprised if Draisaitl reaches that potential.

Is Draisaitl fast? I've looked at a few scouting reports and don't see anything about his speed.

I did see this, though:

"You want to talk about a miniature Jaromir Jagr with a Doug Gilmour-type intensity, you've got him right here," Central Scouting's Peter Sullivan told NHL.com.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=709135

That sounds pretty good.

Is Draisaitl fast? I've looked at a few scouting reports and don't see anything about his speed.

I did see this, though:

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=709135

That sounds pretty good.

No from all reports he is not overly fast but has good agility and edgework as they say.

http://lastwordonsports.com/2014/04/06/nhl-draft-profile-5-leon-draisaitl/

"He has above average speed and acceleration. His balance is extremely good and allows him to fight through checks and he is tough to knock off the puck. Draisaitl also has good agility which helps him to get by defenders."

I've honestly never understood this comparison, unless we're talking about offensive zone play. Kopitar has a ridiculously proficient two-way game, and I haven't heard anything good about Draisaitl's defense. I keep going back to the Murray interview where he said Draisaitl "might be the best offensive zone player in the draft"...with an emphasis on offensive zone. If he's the best offensive zone player in the draft and still clearly below Ekblad and the Sams, that tells me there's significant defensive issues and with his skating. I'll personally be quite annoyed if we take him above one of the Sams--just too many question marks for my liking.

I hate when scouts use legendary players to describe a prospect. It's even worse when they use more than one.

If you were to ask a scout if they are saying that player will be the mech Jagr then chances are they would come back with "no, not at all." Then why would they even say it?

Awesome signing. This kid has as good of a shot to be our long term #1 goaltender as anyone. I think this signing spells the end for Hackett.

Could see them giving Hackett a one-year deal. Ullmark won't be here right away. Issue is there are five goalies fighting for four spots. Hackett might be the most likely to go, but I don't know if they'll just let him walk.

Could see them giving Hackett a one-year deal. Ullmark won't be here right away. Issue is there are five goalies fighting for four spots. Hackett might be the most likely to go, but I don't know if they'll just let him walk.

Why would he sign for a year knowing he was going to be pushed out? Better to part ways with Hackett and have Makarov and Lieuwen in Rochester next year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.