2014-2015 Roster

Stads

It's important to remember that Garrioch is a bozo and on par with Eklund when it comes to rumors.

I largely agree, with the notable exception of having some insight into the what's going on with the Sens. IIRC, he's the one who 1st talked of Murray as the Sabres' new GM.

It's important to remember that Garrioch is a bozo and on par with Eklund when it comes to rumors.

I generally believe him with all things Ottawa. That said, I think I could connect Lazar to the Sabres considering GMTM just drafted him.

Posted it in the 2014 draft thread, but it's worth putting here that Murray said he may look to "take back some money" to help himself acquire another first round pick this season to help Buffalo get to the floor. Could see him pickup a salary dump to get a pick.

Any ideas who the salary dumps may be?

Posted it in the 2014 draft thread, but it's worth putting here that Murray said he may look to "take back some money" to help himself acquire another first round pick this season to help Buffalo get to the floor. Could see him pickup a salary dump to get a pick.

Any ideas who the salary dumps may be?

Thing is, so many teams have the amnesty option, why would they give up a first to dump a salary?

Good question. Flyers for sure

And they are in position to move a first and they may want to clear space to make a splash.

Ryan Malone is going to be dumped. Lightning may want to save the coin, but they would want more than a second and cap space.

EDIT: I see a site that should not be named is talking up Rob Scuderi.

Edited by dudacek

Thing is, so many teams have the amnesty option, why would they give up a first to dump a salary?

Well the idea would likely be to give them maybe 31 for something like 20 and a bad contract. Some teams may not have an owner who wants to use the amnesty. The Sabres have an extra amnesty option, as well. They could acquire a contract and amnesty that player for another team in exchange for a move up in the draft.

Well the idea would likely be to give them maybe 31 for something like 20 and a bad contract. Some teams may not have an owner who wants to use the amnesty. The Sabres have an extra amnesty option, as well. They could acquire a contract and amnesty that player for another team in exchange for a move up in the draft.

Owners that may not want to use an amnesty buyout is a good point.

I would do 31 for 22 and Scuderi's horrid contract. He can't be amnestied so the Pens may be interested in that.

Minnesota (18), San Jose (20) and St. Louis (21) could be other salary dump options. Minnesota could look to dump one of their goalie contracts (would likely be bought out by us as opposed to used to get us to the cap floor).

Edited by Tankalicious

Owners that may not want to use an amnesty buyout is a good point.

Amnesty buyout = bouncey ball (hope you're reading this UB)

Compliance buyout = hockey

Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine. Our game is better, I do t want to take their terminology

Edited by shrader

Targeting the Sharks at 20 looks good to me.

Think they would do it for 39 and 49 if we took Marty Havlat off their hands?

They already basically said they'll buyout Havlat which seems like the owner would have no issue in paying the price tag to do so. So, unless Murray calls the owner directly, I don't see any way San Jose considers dumping Havlat increased value for them.

Amnesty buyout = bouncey ball (hope you're reading this UB)

Compliance buyout = hockey

Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine. Our game is better, I do t want to take their terminology

So much for your personal growth! And while I agree hockey is better than basketball, I think the NBA is a better league than the NHL. At least they have the intelligence to create and implement rules to let their stars be stars.

So that's what the spin doctors are calling two sets of rules for two sets of players these days.

I was thinking more along the lines of illegal defenses and the restricted area. That said, I'll take the call favoritism all day over allowing random unskilled plugs to maul skilled players without penalty, to say nothing of dealing severe injury to get suspended 1 game.

I was thinking more along the lines of illegal defenses and the restricted area. That said, I'll take the call favoritism all day over allowing random unskilled plugs to maul skilled players without penalty, to say nothing of dealing severe injury to get suspended 1 game.

You mean like the trapazoid.

So much for your personal growth! And while I agree hockey is better than basketball, I think the NBA is a better league than the NHL. At least they have the intelligence to create and implement rules to let their stars be stars.

Hey, I used the sports real name once this month. That should count for something. And as for the rules, why actually create separate ones when you can just ignore the already existing ones when the stars are involved?

Couldn't disagree more. They have a fake salary cap that's in place solely to make more money for the league. It kills the competition because the rich owners rule everything.

@pham1717

Murray said on Leino that there's a strong possibilty they use a compl buyout but still need to cross some t's and dot some i's and one ...

More talk with the owner

On unrestr guys 32 27 24 And 20 Murray said he's not thinking about them at all. Said could revisit down the road

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.