2014-2015 Roster

Stads

Oops. Messed that up. Thanks for the welcome. I probably won't post much. Just my thing.. I have not seen much posted about Deslaurier and believe he has a bright future here. I hope TM drafts well so I can get some good local hockey for a year or two until they hit buffalo. And I like Nic with #44. Kinda symbolic of that one two combination he has.

Oops. Messed that up. Thanks for the welcome. I probably won't post much. Just my thing.. I have not seen much posted about Deslaurier and believe he has a bright future here. I hope TM drafts well so I can get some good local hockey for a year or two until they hit buffalo. And I like Nic with #44. Kinda symbolic of that one two combination he has.

Hey stop messing stuff up!

Edit: just messing with you, post more!

Edited by Numark

@NicholsOnHockey

Dreger: #Coyotes definitely willing to part ways w/ Keith Yandle. #RedWings have interest, but are more interested in Tyler Myers. #Sabres

Didn't think they could afford him, but it turns out they have more cap space than I thought. I'll take one Gustav Nyquist. What's that, Holland hung up on me? Damn, fine, I'd target Anthony Mantha.

Haha! :lol:

What, what!! In the butt!

But do the Red Wings know about the Marfan's issue? :rolleyes:

Insider Trading: Free Agent Fishing <3:55>

Did the Leafs inquire about Jason Spezza? How many teams are pursuing Paul Stastny? Will Evander Kane find a new home in Philly? The Insiders discuss.

This is the TSN segment where Dreger mentions Detroit's interest in Myers at just before 3 minutes.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I guess I'm all in. I don't see Hodgson or Foligno on a contending team, so, while the shop is still open they may as well sell.

I dunno, Hodgson is 49th in points for centers this year on a terrible team. If the team gets better and he picks up 15 (to 60-ish) more points he's be in the low 20s. That seems like a solid #2 Center. That would put him at #6 or so second-line center standings.

That kind of points out what the good teams are doing: they have two centers in the top 20 in points. Hodgson could be a decent #2 (given that 15 more points is reasonable).

I dunno, Hodgson is 49th in points for centers this year on a terrible team. If the team gets better and he picks up 15 (to 60-ish) more points he's be in the low 20s. That seems like a solid #2 Center. That would put him at #6 or so second-line center standings.

That kind of points out what the good teams are doing: they have two centers in the top 20 in points. Hodgson could be a decent #2 (given that 15 more points is reasonable).

He played RW for a while at the end of last season at and world championship with some success. I wonder if they keep him there moving forward.

@BuffaloSabres: Murray says he has been trying to acquire a veteran player via trade who will help with culture on #Sabres.

I'm honestly starting to think Spezza may be possible...

Has Spezza ever really been considered the type of leader you want to influence a young team? Sure there's the Murray connection, but I'm not at all convinced his comment points to Spezza (especially when you consider the rumored asking price).

Edited by TrueBluePhD

Has Spezza ever really been considered the type of leader you want to influence a young team? Sure there's the Murray connection, but I'm not at all convinced his comment points to Spezza (especially when you consider the rumored asking price).

I think LeCavalier or Kesler fit closer to that bill

Goodness, no. Not to sound like a typical Sabres' fan, but I would prefer Moulson or Ott over Spezza.

@BNHarrington

Murray also said he has talked to agents for Ott and Moulson. #Sabres

Murray said the types of deals I want to make are complicated and would be difficult to do on the draft floor per Kevin Snow on GR. :thumbsup:

John Vogl@BuffNewsVogl 3m

Tim Murray needs trade logjam to break soon: "I have a couple of really complicated ideas, so I don’t know if I can execute them in an hour"

Murray said the types of deals I want to make are complicated and would be difficult to do on the draft floor per Kevin Snow on GR. :thumbsup:

John Vogl@BuffNewsVogl 3m

Tim Murray needs trade logjam to break soon: "I have a couple of really complicated ideas, so I don’t know if I can execute them in an hour"

I would love for GMTM to uncork some kind of epic waterfall trade.

I would love for GMTM to uncork some kind of epic waterfall trade.

That would be nice. If nothing else at least interesting.

@BuffaloSabres: Murray says he has been trying to acquire a veteran player via trade who will help with culture on #Sabres.

I highly doubt he goes for Spezza.

He said he had no idea about a blockbuster trade, but thinks there must be one happening due to lack of commitment from other GMs. Trading for Spezza os definitely a blockbuster trade; so i doubt he is trading for him

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.