Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

I'm as happy as anyone to see the Bills win but Manuel still needs to learn how to look at all his receivers if he ever hopes to be better than average. I'm happy for the win at this point, though.

I think he did a much better job today at this. I also think he had at least completions of over 20 yards which is nice to see him throwing down field.

I said when I picked them to win this game that the first game can be least indicative of a team's season so I'm not going to plan the parade yet but if nothing else can this game put to rest two things;

1) The pre-season has no relevance!

2) Power rankings and the so-called experts that contribute to them are of little true meaning.

Oh and speaking of crow, where the Bear's clearly superior?

Clearly. Lol.

I missed the first half. I watched the second half on NFL.com.

So I didn't see any of it.

Can some explain to me the logic of the last couple plays of the game before the game winning FG?

1st and goal from the one, EJ kneels

2nd and goal from the three, a delay of game penalty

Then the FG.

What kind of play calling is that?

Can some explain to me the logic of the last couple plays of the game before the game winning FG?

Then the FG.

The bills ran 1 play to center the ball (the kneel). And then somehow the FG unit got a delay of game.

The playcalling was fine, but the penalty is just boneheaded (there were a lot of boneheaded penalties)

Then the FG.

Taking a kne was to put the ball dead center of the hash marks. Smart. I really think they screwed up and didn't reset the clack properly because it was surprising when they were called for that delay of game,

That PI call to keep the Bears tying drive going was just brutal. No way should that have been called. Good to se them over come it anyway.

Taking a kne was to put the ball dead center of the hash marks. Smart. I really think they screwed up and didn't reset the clack properly because it was surprising when they were called for that delay of game,

That PI call to keep the Bears tying drive going was just brutal. No way should that have been called. Good to se them over come it anyway.

That call was awful.

That call was awful.

Plus the picking up the flag for offensive holding was a real treat.

The bills ran 1 play to center the ball (the kneel). And then somehow the FG unit got a delay of game.

The playcalling was fine, but the penalty is just boneheaded (there were a lot of boneheaded penalties)

Thanks.

Without context, it seemed bizzaro.

I wish he trusted his team to play some smash mouth football and take a couple of rushes from the 1.

But, I'll gladly take the win.

Very happy with the win. I don't do the wet blanket/miserable thing, Fred had a great run.

I wasn't thrilled at all with the RB (minus booby) play today. Hackett continues to not understand how to use spiller, and if my 70 year old dad is ripping them for running out of the stupid read option then you know it's a tired play. Fred is showing his age, that run in OT was awesome but almost every other play he looked a step slow.

That doesn't make me want to "hate" him. He has a "pro bowler" in front of him that makes me want to puke every game. How many teams have all pros as back ups anyway? Fred is a decent back up. If booby keeps getting carries this discussion becomes moot.

Very happy with the win. I don't do the wet blanket/miserable thing, Fred had a great run.

I wasn't thrilled at all with the RB (minus booby) play today. Hackett continues to not understand how to use spiller, and if my 70 year old dad is ripping them for running out of the stupid read option then you know it's a tired play. Fred is showing his age, that run in OT was awesome but almost every other play he looked a step slow.

That doesn't make me want to "hate" him. He has a "pro bowler" in front of him that makes me want to puke every game. How many teams have all pros as back ups anyway? Fred is a decent back up. If booby keeps getting carries this discussion becomes moot.

I really like what I see from the team so far. Manuel has looked very solid. I'v never seen a fanbase want a QB so badly draft high, and then finally get one and just hate on him through his rookie season (where he showed flashes, was injured, was a ROOKIE). And then continue to hate on him in the offseason and preseason. Pathetic and ignorant of how QBs develop IMO. I hope manuel makes it just so all the fans can look back and say "yea I doubted him and wanted the bills to get rid of him when he struggled as an injured rookie and in preseason."

Will he make it? Who knows. But nothing has been shown either way, ha has ups and downs in his very short career.

This sounds almost word for word like something I said to my brother a few hours ago, in reference to people on Bills message boards.

Yaaaayyy we win. I'm still iffy on Hackett. Like ink said, he doesn't know how use Spiller. If only we had Chan Gailey as OC. That guy couldn't pick a QB, but ###### he could set up CJ.

A couple of things that confused my head: Calling a fake-reverse screen play worked well, but Freddy didn't beat the first man like he always used to. So they tried it again later and it failed miserably. They called 2 fake reverses and did not run a reverse play all game. There were also some weird groups of around 4-6 run plays in a row. EJ looked consistent and should have dropped back 5 or 6 more times this game.

Can't argue too much with the conservative style when we grind out a close one, but it still feels wrong not to try to win with the offense. Especially with talents like Spiller, Watkins, and Woods.

Certainly makes going to the home opener more exciting!

Edited by qwksndmonster

I admit to hyperbole when I used hate. Its hard to hate someone you've never met. Fred is just a "whatever" player to me. I never understood why a back-up was so beloved and talked about. I thought trading Lynch was a mistake (yeah, I'm wearing my Lynch jersey) and I thought drafting Spiller was a mistake as well.

But hey, the Bills won. Fred had an awesome run/potential assault on Chris Conte. EJ looked ok, and I didn't throw one thing in anger today. I'm happy til next Sunday.

That Bear made a great play on Freddie,… and the blocker who should have had him before Freddie even got to him. I'll give credit to that guy for making two incredible defensive plays before I'm willing to say the Freddie looks a step slow.

All I know is that when when it came time to seal the deal, they put it in the one guy's hands where I feel most comfortable closing it out.

Then the FG.

How did you do that?

Terrific road win against a presumably good team. Very nice.

As for the F-Jax "hate" or strong antipathy: Nothing brings the stupid out of people like the Bills.

I haven't sat in stadium seats for a decade, but I will scalp tickets the day Fred's name goes on the wall. Heart and soul pro, and a terrific talent.

Edited by That Aud Smell

All I know is that when when it came time to seal the deal, they put it in the one guy's hands where I feel most comfortable closing it out.

Yeah, both CJ and Fred. One pass to Williams and a pair of running plays for each back on that OT drive. We all know this needs to be a running first team and that's exactly what they did in OT. Hopefully those two will establish their control of games as we get further into the season.

So I'm curious as to how many people were just like me sitting through that second half thinking "typical Bills". The entire half I was picturing Chicago finishing a two minute drill TD drive to win the game. It's nice to have that script thrown away for at least one game.

As for the home opener, I am gonna say: The traditional rivals are in town (I still get jacked about talk of "Miami week"), I'm thinking Jim Kelly will lead the team out of the tunnel. If the weather's anywhere near decent -- the Ralph is going to be positively bonkers at kickoff.

I don't know if this has been posted, and I have been thinking it for a while, but this group has it right: Ban Bon Jovi... just don't listen to him.

http://www.buffalone...two-bills-drive

And there is a petition to sign if you want to be a joiner... I am a little cynical about petitions, but it can't hurt.

Today I found out that Jon Bon Jovi's son, Jesse James Bongiovi, plays football for Notre Dame.

As for the home opener, I am gonna say: The traditional rivals are in town (I still get jacked about talk of "Miami week"), I'm thinking Jim Kelly will lead the team out of the tunnel. If the weather's anywhere near decent -- the Ralph is going to be positively bonkers at kickoff.

agreed

Solid play from EJ. I will openly admit that. I would like to see him make some better throws down field but for perhaps the first time I have ever watched him, he looked in control and managed the game well. that being said I don't think much of the Bears so I won't be retracting my EJ doubts. I really do hope he proves me 100% wrong.

I think our running game is going to be key (obviously) and I think that will make or break us going forward. We need to run the Ball like Seattle does. Surprised our coaching staff didn't screw up the game and glad we played well.

If by "decent" you mean a foot of snow on the field, I'm right there with ya. :w00t:

I always think the home game (for the Bills) against Miami should always be in December.