Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

he's a non-drinker?

At least when he was at school he spent most of his time studying and not partying, at least when he wasn't attending some volunteering event with his christian leadership group. He was also exceptionally approachable and really made the person he was talking to feel like they were one the same level. He never gave off the aura of being a famous football player who gets interviewed on ESPN.

F'ing hated him.

At least when he was at school he spent most of his time studying and not partying, at least when he wasn't attending some volunteering event with his christian leadership group. He was also exceptionally approachable and really made the person he was talking to feel like they were one the same level. He never gave off the aura of being a famous football player who gets interviewed on ESPN.

F'ing hated him.

I understand you perfectly.

Good for Jim and his family. God bless them.

That said, I will not miss (at all) the very public way in which the Kellys engaged in this process. I understand and respect that, for some (many?) people, it was meaningful to have the whole thing unfolding in and through mainstream media and the Kellys' social media. Just not my speed - not my cup of tea.

That said, I will not miss (at all) the very public way in which the Kellys engaged in this process. I understand and respect that, for some (many?) people, it was meaningful to have the whole thing unfolding in and through mainstream media and the Kellys' social media. Just not my speed - not my cup of tea.

I agree with this comment.

It's an interesting look into the horrors and triumphs of a family going through this. I'm pretty indifferent about it.

I pretty much agree, but great news that JK is cancer free.

I had a FB friend chronicle her brothers battle with cancer on social media right to the end. With pictures and video of her brother on his deathbed surrounded by loved ones. I'm sure it helped her cope, but that's a tough one.

I know i would never do what the family did nor would i want my family to be so public about it if it was me. But if being as open about his fight helps someone fight this better, or makes someone donate time or money to fighting cancer, or hell if it just gets more people talking about early testing........ I am good with it.

I know i would never do what the family did nor would i want my family to be so public about it if it was me. But if being as open about his fight helps someone fight this better, or makes someone donate time or money to fighting cancer, or hell if it just gets more people talking about early testing........ I am good with it.

Very nice.

Likely more of the obvious change from a long-time coach to a new voice.

The QB play is the reason Florida went from consistent contender for BCS Bowls to BCS Championship winners.

FSU won the National Championship last year because of 2 men. Winston, the obvious one and Jeremy Pruitt.

This is great news. Usually it is about takes about five years for an oncologist to diagnose someone as cancer free, but this is a great first step.

Yes. The media proclaiming him "cancer free" are inaccurate and/or irresponsible.

I understand that sentiment.

Know what did it for me? (I know, you're dying to know.) It was the Tweet or Instagram or whatever from Jill Kelly -- following the bad news earlier this year -- in which she said something to the effect of "Heal, Lord! Heal!" Calling down the Almighty's saving hand.

Maybe I'm getting old(er) and grumpy(-ier), but that world perspective drives me bonkers. There are many reasons why, and they're not easy to explain, but here's a fairly simple explanation of one of the leading reasons: If a religious person believes that God intervenes in matters such as a family member's illness -- I mean, really believes that God may choose to look down upon the earth, hear a person's petition, and then consequently cure the person for whom the prayer was said -- then the converse (inverse? obverse? I never know) must be true (or at least I say it must be true). That is, God also looks down upon the world, and sees thousands, millions of people being ravaged by disease, abject poverty, pestilence, genocide, whatever, and says "Meh. I think I'll cure this other dude's terminal illness instead."

End rant. And please accept my apologies: This obviously belongs in another thread.

Edited by That Aud Smell

Troubling report regarding the Bills' FO.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24695455/buffalo-tension-boils-over-in-shouting-match-for-marrone-bills-officials

The report precipitates yet another asking of the question: Why do national reporters, and not the team's local beat reporters, get the scoops?

I had to fight the urge to boo a woman and her young child yesterday. They were walking out of a supermarket and got one of those mini-football helmets out of a quarter machine. It wound up being a Packers helmet. As they were walking away with it, the mother said "no, we don't like the Packers, we like the Chicago Bears".

Troubling report regarding the Bills' FO.

http://www.cbssports...bills-officials

The report precipitates yet another asking of the question: Why do national reporters, and not the team's local beat reporters, get the scoops?

If Marrone really said "Go ahead and fire me" then you have to fire him. Clearly he already thinks he's out the door. That's toxic. And if the reports about the players opinions are true then he's probably already lost the team.

I wonder if this is why Pettine was so quick to go to Cleveland?