Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

I only caught the second half which wasn't too encouraging but the W is what matters. My similarly pessimistic brother said that EJ looked good in the first half. Play calling seemed to slow him down in the second half.

The defense was the big difference in this game. The turnovers were HUGE. Great win.

On to the next one.

The difference between a Good Team and a Bad Team is that a Good Team will win when they shouldn't. Both the Bills and Bears played well enough to win at times, but both did things that made you say they didn't deserve to win. The Bills prevailed so at least for this week, the Bills were the Good Team.

I only caught the second half which wasn't too encouraging but the W is what matters. My similarly pessimistic brother said that EJ looked good in the first half. Play calling seemed to slow him down in the second half.

The defense was the big difference in this game. The turnovers were HUGE. Great win.

On to the next one.

The turnovers were huge, but nearly 200 rushing yards were bigger

The turnovers were huge, but nearly 200 rushing yards were bigger

Overall the offensive stats heavily favored the Bears, but the turnover stat was the difference for us. We had over 100 more rushing yards, but they had twice as many first downs/passing yards.

Corey Graham was our best player. What a game he had.

I really wish the NFL would make it an automatic 15 yard penalty the second a player complains to a ref for a call. I'm so sick of watching that every single time a pass falls incomplete. The refs still seem to eat it up though, not throwing the flag until the WR complains.

I really wish the NFL would make it an automatic 15 yard penalty the second a player complains to a ref for a call. I'm so sick of watching that every single time a pass falls incomplete. The refs still seem to eat it up though, not throwing the flag until the WR complains.

I was saying the same thing last night to my stepdad. There were so many calls in several games that were pretty late with the flag throw.

I think he did a much better job today at this. I also think he had at least completions of over 20 yards which is nice to see him throwing down field.

See, I don't think he did. He spread the ball around to different guys and lots of people caught passes but he never seems to go through any sort of progressions or reads. It's like he's already made his mind up on where he's going to throw the ball before it ever gets snapped. Overall, he played a solid game and I'm glad we played well and won, but the fact that I never see him scan the field before he throws is concerning. Better defenses are going to key on that.

Overall the offensive stats heavily favored the Bears, but the turnover stat was the difference for us. We had over 100 more rushing yards, but they had twice as many first downs/passing yards.

Corey Graham was our best player. What a game he had.

We knew they would coming into this though, and that stat does not surprise me at all. The Bears were the second highest scoring team in the NFL last season, and did it with a VERY prolific passing offense. I expected them to move the ball thru the air almost at will. The fact that we held Forte to less than 100 rushing yards was huge I thought. I figured he'd hit 120 at least since we had to play to protect the pass so much.

Also, another thing to keep in mind, we were down to our 3rd and 4th string LBs as Bradham was out as well as Rivers. Not too shabby a performance by our D (the more I talk about it, the more impressed I am by their win, and the more I'm agreeing that the turnovers were the biggest factor...######. I can't agree with Tank!)

We knew they would coming into this though, and that stat does not surprise me at all. The Bears were the second highest scoring team in the NFL last season, and did it with a VERY prolific passing offense. I expected them to move the ball thru the air almost at will. The fact that we held Forte to less than 100 rushing yards was huge I thought. I figured he'd hit 120 at least since we had to play to protect the pass so much.

Also, another thing to keep in mind, we were down to our 3rd and 4th string LBs as Bradham was out as well as Rivers. Not too shabby a performance by our D (the more I talk about it, the more impressed I am by their win, and the more I'm agreeing that the turnovers were the biggest factor...######. I can't agree with Tank!)

Every once in a while I think logically.

Graham was good, I wonder if he pushes McKelvin for a starting spot when Gilmore is healthy.

That's a good question, but twice McKelvin fell down (but was in good position prior). I don't think I've seen players have so much trouble staying on their feet as the Bills have this year (preseason and regular).

Same with the Bennett TD - LB was in position...and then slipped/tripped and fell.

Doesn't exonerate Guddell from a terrible desicion. Not to mention the many former players turned analysts using the "you don't know what happens between a man a woman" card. It was a deplorable response by many parties.

I don't know what the league and the Ravens knew before this morning. After this morning, this was the only correct response. It may or may not be too late, depending on what was or wasn't known earlier.

I don't know what the league and the Ravens knew before this morning. After this morning, this was the only correct response. It may or may not be too late, depending on what was or wasn't known earlier.

They knew he knocked her out. That's enough for me. Outside of a woman attempting to kill you or your child, I don't know how his actions could ever be viewed as anything other than criminal.

They knew he knocked her out. That's enough for me. Outside of a woman attempting to kill you or your child, I don't know how his actions could ever be viewed as anything other than criminal.

Wasn't there some self-defense and she hit her head on a railing bull-ish before today?

The Ravens should've released him and the NFL should've handed out a lengthy suspension the second it was confirmed that the video of him dragging his unconscious fiancé out of the elevator was due to him punching her out... A little late but the right move nonetheless.