OFFICIAL: Ryan Miller, Steve Ott to St. Louis for Chris Stewart, Halak, Carrier and two picks

Hoss

Well that answers my question about if they sign Miller after he becomes a UFA. Item Biii covers that.

But anyway, I'll call it right now. Miller gets hurt early in the first round of the playoffs but St. Louis gets the the conference finals anyway.

i'm going the other way.....finals MVP

I still think that should have been a penalty, and the goalie should have been suspended for the hit. Intent to injure cuts both ways.

I agree that there should have been a penalty, but I'm not so sure there was malicious intent to injure so much as interfere with his ability to get the puck.

I wish Ryan Miller well and of all the ex-Sabres on different teams now, except for maybe Pominville, I hope he wins the cup the most. However from what I've seen of Miller, he's a classic Silver Medal kind of guy. He's a terriffic goalie but from my experience watching him these last 45 years, he gives up too many clutch goals at big moments. However again I say I'm pulling for him.

Edited by 716

I wish Ryan Miller well and of all the ex-Sabres on different teams now, except for maybe Pominville, I hope he wins the cup the most. However from what I've seen of Miller, he's a classic Silver Medal kind of guy. He's a terriffic goalie but from my experience watching him these last 45 years, he gives up too many clutch goals at big moments. However again I say I'm pulling for him.

You've been watching Miller for 45 years!?!?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So much for that 1st round pick....It's a 2016 3rd rounder now IIRC.

That's fine by me. The blues have a slightly better chance of finishing lower in the standings with a rookie and Elliott than miller and the rook. That 2015 first is the real gem of the trade.

St. Louis Blues@StLouisBlues

Doug Armstrong: "Brian will team up with Jake Allen next season to form our goaltending tandem." #stlblues

So there is the official announcement. Ryan Miller will become a UFA, I would not be surprised to see his rights traded. If I were the Penguins, I would be inquiring. What other teams really need a starter? Philly, Edm, Calgary?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.