OFFICIAL: Ryan Miller, Steve Ott to St. Louis for Chris Stewart, Halak, Carrier and two picks

Hoss

...and Jeremy White just said they are trying to trade Halak to the Wild. Giddyup!

@Russostrib

#mnwild looking for goalie insurance, talking to #sabres, #devils & more as deadline nears. Russo's #NHL Insider >>> http://strib.mn/1fRR8oN

Murray is now trying to trade Halak to the Wild. He’s 28, in the last year of his contract and was 24-9-4 with the Blues with a 2.23 goals-against average. But some inside the Wild worry he was a product of the Blues’ stingy system and there’s a reason St. Louis felt Miller, not Halak, was the final piece of a Stanley Cup puzzle.
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Minnesota is the most likely destination for Halak unless Philly wants him. The Sabres should flip him and add to the haul they got from Miller/Ott. I also think that if you can trade Stewart you should.

Basically in my mind the Miller/Ott trade has not really been completed until Halak is shipped off.

Every championship team needs most, if not all of these components

1. Good to solid goal tending

2. A number one center

3. At least one good line wings + centers

4. A decent second line

5. A shutdown defensive pair

Not lets look at what is left of the Sabres:

1. Was the strength of the team until yesterday. Now the cupboard is bare for 2-4 years.baring a trade

2. Never, EVER seems to get addressed by this team since Drury left. Prospects might emerge, but they are years away. Not only do they not have a Number 1 center, but they don't have a number 2.

3. If they ship out Moulson, then that essentially mean Ennis at center with Stafford and Stewart (assuming he stays). That line does not scare anyone.

4. All they have is AHL parts for this.

5. Folks on here are now talking about shipping the defense out of town too. So assuming Ehrhoff is next to go, that leaves Myers and Pysk. If Myers joins the out of town express, then there is clearly nothing left.

This need to drive it down to the studs is maddening to me. Eventually, you need to add some talent back that is more than an AHL rookie.

I agree with those that say NO MORE DRAFT PICKS. I want NHL-ready talent.

All of this pretty well sums up where I am on the Sabres right now. I don't want them to be irrelevant for 5 years while waiting for draft picks to eventually become a full team of NHL ready players.

This is like Superman being shipped off of Krypton right before the whole planet explodes. Damn right he should be happy.

Go win the Cup, Ryan.

He's probably ecstatic to miss the entire PLF @#$%-storm that erupted not even 24 hrs after he left.

I wonder if Miller knows any of the backstory to that, or if he and the other players are as clueless as the fans and the media are to what exactly happened?

Absolutely. At the very least, get to the conference finals, Ryan!

Might have to purchase Center Ice for the remainder of the season so I can watch.

Might have to purchase Center Ice for the remainder of the season so I can watch.

Unless you really want to watch them in the first two of rounds in the playoffs, I'd save the money. STL is on NBC, NBCSN, or NHLN eight times before the regular season's done, not counting the one game they're on MSG when we play them 4/3. Then the later rounds of playoffs should also be available on the national broadcast.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.