Prediction time: who's getting traded, and when?

nfreeman

We all want action. Are we gettin' any this week?

As always, this is about what you think WILL happen, not what you want to happen.

I think nobody gets traded this week, and that Miller, Moulson, Ott, Tallinder and McBain get traded after the Olympics but before the deadline.

What say you?

Edited by nfreeman

I do have some weird feeling that Miller is gone by the Olympics, but I voted for after.

The Sabres should send the same message to buyers of Moulson: he will be traded Friday at 3. Whoever bids the highest by then gets him. Make your own deadline on him and get one "headache" out of the way.

We all want action. Are we gettin' any this week?

As always, this is about what you think WILL happen, not what you want to happen.

I think nobody gets traded this week, and that Miller, Moulson, Ott, Tallinder and McBain get traded after the Olympics but before the deadline.

What say you?

I don't see Hank getting traded but agree w/ the rest (unfortunately). For some reason I can see Drew going as well. (Hope it's not just the beer talking.)

• 3 weeks later...

OK, so since we got a whole lotta nothin' prior to the Olympics, I've modified the poll by getting rid of the pre-Olympics question.

I also added a question about which surprise trade will happen.

The deadline isn't until a week from Wednesday, so we have plenty of time to speculate and get bored/annoyed about the lack of action.

Give us something to get psyched about, Timmy!

I expect Moulson and Ott will be gone on deadline day. Maybe Tallinder too. Wouldn't surprise me at all if there isn't a right match to move Miller. And that would be a shame.

I rather prefer if Moulson and Ott were re-signed in the offseason, but I am doubtful that happens.

The poll wouldn't accept my surprise trade answer, gave me an error message saying I needed to answer all questions :devil:

I think that Moulson and Miller are a definite to be traded, with Ott and a surprise young player/package like an Ennis/Pysyk type trade bringing back a top line player. It is certainly possible that ancilliary parts like McCormick/McBain/Sultzer type players get traded but I don't think the returns will be worth mentioning.

I'm just hoping things heat up sooner rather than later as this upcoming week is about all we have left to look forward to at this point in the season.

I think Miller will be difficult to move as the market is limited. I would say Moulson and Ott will bring back better returns than Miller.

Not sure that Ennis's talent out weigh's his lack of size.

I am expecting to be wow'd by Tim Murray's moves!

Completely agree with you and Weave on the Miller front. Although if you're the Blues and see what happened at the olympics, how could you not think about upgrading?

I've gotten the impression that Moulson and Ott want to stay. With this team moving forward the Sabres need to have some veterans to build around, I think it would be a HUGE mistake to part ways with Moulson and Ott. They already got picks in the Moulson trade, get Moulson was a bonus. It would be a shame to lose what ended up being a great trade. Getting draft picks is nice, but you can only have so many. They had a ton of picks last year, they have a ton more already this upcoming draft. Keep what they have and start working towards the future. There is plenty of young talent in the system, time to start focusing on re-signing UFA's, looking at potential offseason trades and big name UFA signings.

Miller won't be traded. A non-playoff team won't trade for Miller and a bonafide playoff team won't risk hurting their own chemistry at this point in the season. Murray won't get a significant return for Miller and the organization will spend the rest of the season trying to convince Miller to stay. The next week and a half will be very anticlimactic.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.