Prediction time: who's getting traded, and when?

nfreeman

I'm always interested in your sleuthing, and I wouldn't be surprised if DR did make a play for Stamkos, or if TB entertained the idea of trading Drouin, but again -- I do not see ANY package of Sabres assets that TB would have seriously considered in exchange for Stamkos. The Sabres don't have any players or prospects that are in the ballpark, and the odds of any draft pick turning into a Stamkos-level player are too low for TB to be interested.

He could have just been on the radar in case enough eggs were collected for him. Maybe after the Vanek, Miller and whoever else deals....you are sitting on 5 firsts and 4 seconds the next 2 years. At the time, Grigorenko wasn't a disaster in waiting.... who is to say you don't offer 3 #1's, 2 #2's, Grigs/Girgs, Foligno and Ristolainen??? Or replace some parts with Hodgson and Myers if they need NHL young guys. Anything is possible....and if Darcy could make that trade knowing and with Pegula's understanding they are going to stink the next 3 years no matter what....you could do an awful lot of convincing knowing that in 3 years your centers will consist of Stamkos/McDavid/Hodgson/Girgensons.

I'm just trying to go through the thought process. In reality I have no idea what they were thinking or how serious talks ever got. I am just saying dollars to donuts that it was being bandied about at the very least. I didn't want to say it a few months ago because even I thought it was crazy. I have confirmation that a few of the accounts are live now. I hope for F's sake that the Sabres have set up some dummy accounts so that idiots like myself can't get an idea what may be going on. It's not good enough to not use a picture or use an alias or combos of ambiguous stuff, because who you follow and who follows you gives it away.

I'm always interested in your sleuthing, and I wouldn't be surprised if DR did make a play for Stamkos, or if TB entertained the idea of trading Drouin, but again -- I do not see ANY package of Sabres assets that TB would have seriously considered in exchange for Stamkos. The Sabres don't have any players or prospects that are in the ballpark, and the odds of any draft pick turning into a Stamkos-level player are too low for TB to be interested.

There was at least some concern down in Tampa about their ability to get Stamkos signed up long term. If I had to guess, any "talks" involving Stamkos were just kicking the tires to see what kind of offer they could expect in the apocalyptic scenario where Stamkos wanted out.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.