Mr Ryan Miller....

spndnchz

Just seems like you have to earn your keep, first. People aren't very pleasant so far, either.

I think you'll find that if you keep your posts friendly and knowledgeable, you'll get plenty of good hockey talk. That applies regardless of how many posts someone has.

Your argument is ridiculous. The only way you could credit the system or roster is if they limited every opposing team to like 5 shots on net a game. They play 2 goalies because they have 2 good goalies.

Wow your counterpoints suck.

These two small changes and we're all looking at you differently.

lol I don't remember people being hostile to me when I joined, but it seems the last few new guys have complained. Most notably i consider DStebb a broken stallion :P

Sometimes being meek for a bit until you've been around a bit is the best way to go. I'm still a lurker, honestly. Being d4rk's old lady kind of helps, I'm sure. I'm terrified to post on a lot of things because I'm still learning a lot. I post in a lot of off topic threads and game day stuff. I have some fiery opinions about controversial points, yes, but unless I feel I can get into a really long, detailed argument that i can back up with solid fact or a very persuasive vault of information, I generally don't. I just argue with d4rk in person a lot. I have probably written about a zillion things that I've decided to delete before I hit that post button.

Someday? Yes. But not yet. I'm a Detroit area transplant to the area and a relatively recent (although totally obsessed) hockey fan. I'm doing my best to learn from all y'all and am doing plenty of research on my own. But if I am ever less than polite, you're justified to rip me up for it. I realize I don't know what I don't know.

I think a lot of new posters do know a lot, but fail to realize just how massive the existing (and already posted) knowledge bank on this forum is. Lurk and learn :)

lol I don't remember people being hostile to me when I joined, but it seems the last few new guys have complained. Most notably i consider DStebb a broken stallion :P

Ink only said he wanted to make out with me. There was never anything about riding.

Sometimes being meek for a bit until you've been around a bit is the best way to go. I'm still a lurker, honestly. Being d4rk's old lady kind of helps, I'm sure. I'm terrified to post on a lot of things because I'm still learning a lot. I post in a lot of off topic threads and game day stuff. I have some fiery opinions about controversial points, yes, but unless I feel I can get into a really long, detailed argument that i can back up with solid fact or a very persuasive vault of information, I generally don't. I just argue with d4rk in person a lot. I have probably written about a zillion things that I've decided to delete before I hit that post button.

Someday? Yes. But not yet. I'm a Detroit area transplant to the area and a relatively recent (although totally obsessed) hockey fan. I'm doing my best to learn from all y'all and am doing plenty of research on my own. But if I am ever less than polite, you're justified to rip me up for it. I realize I don't know what I don't know.

I think a lot of new posters do know a lot, but fail to realize just how massive the existing (and already posted) knowledge bank on this forum is. Lurk and learn :)

No one ever had problems with you, 38, or a number of other newbies.

It has nothing to do with whether someone is new.

I was seriously just going to say that I'm tired of you and that you need to zip it. :P

For the part in bold, I don't think you need to second-guess your posts and worry so much. Most of the friction with the new posters is about tone. They come roaring in throwing haymakers in all directions. I don't think anyone is going to jump all over you for anything. Post away.

I don't remember you being obnoxious when you joined, either. And the guy (I presume) got banned for a reason.

I think we should all create accounts on other teams message boards and see how quickly we can get banned. We can make a game of it. Or perhaps another gambling thread. Who can get banned from Toronto's board in the least amount of posts?

Don't be so sure of yourself on that one, it may hurt.....

The problem isn't with new people coming here, it has to do with how they act when they start here. Coming in guns blazing and telling others how things are and such, acting like they are the top dog is not going to win you many fans.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.